Morrissey Central "LYRIC PRIDE" (July 10, 2024)

songs from which Morrissey feels most lyrical self-fulfilment

1. IRISH BLOOD, ENGLISH HEART
2. HOW SOON IS NOW?
3. LAST NIGHT I DREAMT THAT SOMEBODY LOVED ME
4. SMILER WITH KNIFE
5. SEASICK, YET STILL DOCKED
6. TROUBLE LOVES ME
7. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME GET WHAT I WANT
8. PAINT A VULGAR PICTURE
9. ONCE I SAW THE RIVER CLEAN
10 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
11 GIRLFRIEND IN A COMA
12 HOLD ON TO YOUR FRIENDS
13 FIRST OF THE GANG TO DIE
14 WE'LL LET YOU KNOW
15 WHY DON'T YOU FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF
16 A RUSH AND A PUSH AND THE LAND IS OURS
17 ASLEEP
18 READER MEET AUTHOR
19 I WISH YOU LONELY
20 LIFE IS A PIGSTY
21 HOME IS A QUESTION MARK
22 YES, I AM BLIND
23 I WILL SEE YOU IN FAR-OFF PLACES
24 EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY
25 THAT'S HOW PEOPLE GROW UP
26 THE HEADMASTER RITUAL
27 THE GIRL FROM TEL-AVIV WHO WOULDN'T KNEEL
28 THE FATHER WHO MUST BE KILLED
29 JACKY'S ONLY HAPPY WHEN SHE'S UP ON THE STAGE
30 BECAUSE OF MY POOR EDUCATION
31 I'M NOT A MAN
32 LET ME KISS YOU
33 SPENT THE DAY IN BED
34 I'M THROWING MY ARMS AROUND PARIS
35 THE NEVER-PLAYED SYMPHONIES
36 MY LIFE IS A SUCCESSION OF PEOPLE SAYING GOODBYE
37 ISTANBUL
38 SPEEDWAY
39 GANGLORD
40 SCANDINAVIA

4e1856925f1deedb22d8648f6ce9d9d892027286.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true.. it is maddening, and it even upsets me sometimes how people talk about him on here... but since we are here talking about him, and since the discussions are so raw and so utterly human, I bet he gets curious from time to time! Maybe he finds the maddening things we say humourous! He seems to have a dry sense of humor like that.
Of course he comes here. If there was a website devoted to you, how could you help but be intrigued by what people are saying about you and - in my case - what poetry they are writing.

Very true.. it is maddening, and it even upsets me sometimes how people talk about him on here... but since we are here talking about him, and since the discussions are so raw and so utterly human, I bet he gets curious from time to time! Maybe he finds the maddening things we say humourous! He seems to have a dry sense of humor like that.
Maybe. But if Autobiography and his various public statements about certain people over the years are any indication, he also seems to take some real and perceived slights very personally - which is quite human. I'd not come anywhere near a fan site were i an artist, but Moz can do what he wants.

I think Moz is aware of the live show stalwarts, the Mel Torments, the Margret Dale's the Dickie Felton's and (from his words about Marget and Mel's passing, quite understandably moved (and a touch perplexed by that level of devotion, so good for all of them,

So we all agree he hangs around here?

Awesome news for all the cultists! Come on, do your best and don’t worry! Bend over backwards and maybe some day you’ll be Myrtle’s new BFF!

Imagine that, mixing his Gin & Tonics and getting screamed at because you used too much tonic!

One can only dream of such happiness….

lol we’re actually never going to hear some of our favourites live ever again 😭 I kept looking down the list for Now My Heart Is Full, Nobody Loves Us, Lost, Dial a Cliche etc he can’t actually be this disillusioned with his own material and it’s relative worth…

It’s not a serious list without songs like Well I Wonder & I Know It’s Over anyway and don’t get me started on some of the ones he has the nerve to even write down 😂

Can we really trust his judgement now with all the classics he’s put out as b-sides down the years

Exactly. How can you take a list like this seriously without I Know It's Over??
It's not just the omission of some of his greatest lyrics ever but it is the stubborn inclusion of songs that he knows are not up to his standards. Why he feels the need to troll people is weird, he is only slighting or discrediting his best work, which again, is weird.

Last edited:
That explains it then! I was just starting to wonder if Morrissey had plagiarised it from some as yet unferreted brilliant author and was trying to disown it while there was still time!

Marr once described witnessing Morrissey's vocal performance on I Know It's Over as "one of the highlights of my life"

To be fair though, the music is kinda incredible too.

Last edited:
another favorite of mine! Yeah, there’s a lot of different ones I would have put on this list, if I wrote these songs.
I thought everyone hated PATSE! Lol. That was the song I could remember being the most made fun of. I never cared for it but I did like Action is my Middle Name when it was played live the time.

I thought everyone hated PATSE! Lol. That was the song I could remember being the most made fun of. I never cared for it but I did like Action is my Middle Name when it was played live the time.

Fortunately, I’m not like anyone.

Am I the only one who thinks that he puts some of these things on Central just to read Solo for our reactions; in a way.. connecting with us? I can't help but wonder. I sometimes think he is among us here on this site, also making posts, perhaps just as an anonymous.

Morrissey checking in here:

1000009605.gif

1000009604.gif

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom