Morrissey Central "LYRIC PRIDE" (July 10, 2024)

songs from which Morrissey feels most lyrical self-fulfilment

1. IRISH BLOOD, ENGLISH HEART
2. HOW SOON IS NOW?
3. LAST NIGHT I DREAMT THAT SOMEBODY LOVED ME
4. SMILER WITH KNIFE
5. SEASICK, YET STILL DOCKED
6. TROUBLE LOVES ME
7. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME GET WHAT I WANT
8. PAINT A VULGAR PICTURE
9. ONCE I SAW THE RIVER CLEAN
10 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
11 GIRLFRIEND IN A COMA
12 HOLD ON TO YOUR FRIENDS
13 FIRST OF THE GANG TO DIE
14 WE'LL LET YOU KNOW
15 WHY DON'T YOU FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF
16 A RUSH AND A PUSH AND THE LAND IS OURS
17 ASLEEP
18 READER MEET AUTHOR
19 I WISH YOU LONELY
20 LIFE IS A PIGSTY
21 HOME IS A QUESTION MARK
22 YES, I AM BLIND
23 I WILL SEE YOU IN FAR-OFF PLACES
24 EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY
25 THAT'S HOW PEOPLE GROW UP
26 THE HEADMASTER RITUAL
27 THE GIRL FROM TEL-AVIV WHO WOULDN'T KNEEL
28 THE FATHER WHO MUST BE KILLED
29 JACKY'S ONLY HAPPY WHEN SHE'S UP ON THE STAGE
30 BECAUSE OF MY POOR EDUCATION
31 I'M NOT A MAN
32 LET ME KISS YOU
33 SPENT THE DAY IN BED
34 I'M THROWING MY ARMS AROUND PARIS
35 THE NEVER-PLAYED SYMPHONIES
36 MY LIFE IS A SUCCESSION OF PEOPLE SAYING GOODBYE
37 ISTANBUL
38 SPEEDWAY
39 GANGLORD
40 SCANDINAVIA

4e1856925f1deedb22d8648f6ce9d9d892027286.png

Last edited by a moderator:
"songs from which Morrissey feels most lyrical self-fulfilment"

If thats his criteria, I'm surprised he didn't list "Sorrow Will Come In The End."

He was really getting things off his chest with that one. Even if arguably, it's his worst song.

Details (Dec. 1992):
Are those leather shoes you're wearing?

"Yes, and this is a leather belt."

Explain, please. Don't you feel complicit?

"I don't recall at any time asking people to stop eating dead animals or to stop wearing leather. I think if you ask people to do everything, they become so confused that they do absolutely nothing."

Add:
Although in 2006, Spin magazine reported that he had ‘gone leather-free’.

Grazia:
"Despite being a staunch supporter of animal rights, the singer was often spotted wearing leather and suede footwear, and once said of his favourite shoes, (a pair of suede moccasins that were a gift from Pete Burns) 'I find shoes difficult to be ethical about - one just can't seem to avoid leather. One is trapped, ultimately.'" (November, 2009).

Independent: Stella McCartney to team up with Morrissey for vegan shoe range
(December, 2009)

“Stella is a fan of Morrissey but those rumours of a collaboration for a shoe line are simply not true,” the update said.
(NME - December, 2009)

Et al...

All very much a contrarian, muddled history if you start digging - what's new!?
Similarly, he may enjoy suggesting lists just to provoke this type of discussion - whilst knowing things like There Is A Light.. will always be seen by the majority as worth including. Playing with people's subjectivity by distorting his own isn't beyond him perhaps?
FWD.
Imagine feeling guilty for wearing leather? Jesus, get a life.

I think Mozz should now post a list of
His favourite cancellations…
I know Nottingham would be in the
Top one,
Not that I want to take up his mistakes,
He knows exactly what they are 😃
Paso Robles better make that list! He allowed us all in to buy drinks and merch, get seated, and then said it was too cold to perform. And the Quarry show cancellations were pretty awesome, seeing that he wasn't even in the country...

Paso Robles better make that list! He allowed us all in to buy drinks and merch, get seated, and then said it was too cold to perform. And the Quarry show cancellations were pretty awesome, seeing that he wasn't even in the country...
Boston has to be on there too. We drove in during rush hour traffic on a tuesday night after working all day, paid $25 to park, waited in line to get in, waited in line to get drinks, had a seat, he played a few songs, bitched about various things inbetween songs, then walked off stage without any explanation and did not come back.

yes on his site BowieNet …

‘Members received an @davidbowie.com-ending email address and had exclusive access to audio recordings, music videos and chat rooms, which Bowie participated in himself. Bowie went by the moniker "Sailor" in chat. He would appear unannounced and talk, with a special guest sometimes joining in, and on the site he would upload personal photos as well as images of his paintings and some of his journals. "Sailor" is an anagram of "Isolar", after which Bowie named his 1976 and 1978 world tours.’

Good for the.iconicp David Bowie he did care about his fans, because having people who follow you for having talent is a blessing from the Universe.Unfortunate that some people live in parallel worlds and forgot how they lived in the past. The ego makes you dizzy, and annuls empathy

JOURNALISTS' TOP 5 MORRISSEY MOST FULFILLING LYRICS
1. National Front Disco
2. Bengali in Platforms
3. Asian Rut
4. This is Not your Country
5. That one about the sub-species: the Boy Racist?

No Israel?

He wrote that song because he really really fancied some guy's figs in Tel Aviv. Proof a song you write with your dic. Tionary is NEVER going to make the Top 40!
-"Yes.I can see that now.' (Morrissey, July 18th 2024)

Steven has terrible taste in his own music or he is trolling

Here he combined the two for maximum effect. Mindblowingly effective. A 2000 pound bomb in the middle of summer.

The lists .. always the lists. Moz is Morrissey's self-centered enemy. (...)Calm down, lower your ego
See, that's one list he should make but is still unable to...
-Calm down
-Lower you ego in preparation for death
-Stop paying that family member.

^ you talkin' to me, chiquito/ chiquita? No me voy a andar a nowhere, bro/ bra. Except a la playa mebbee :D

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom