Morrissey Central "LIKE LOST CHILDREN GO" (September 27, 2024)

September 27, 2024
1000024674.jpg

Maggie Smith, RIP

A wonderful strong iconic actress who gave 100% in all she did - this month is truly sucking big time.
I also thought "cool Smiths single" cover when I saw the lovely photo Moz posted.

Yet another major talent sheds this mortal coil before Morrissey releases any of his dormant recordings. How many more obits of legends of screen and stage will we read on this pathetic site before we see a release date of anything new from Morrissey?? Dozens? Hundreds? Dame Maggie Smith rest in peace.

It's very sad news when ANYONE passes away but why does Morrissey feel the need to constantly run his own personal Obituaries page?
His website is ABSOLUTELY SHIT, I repeat, ABSOLUTELY SHIT.
I am sorry if this sounds harsh but it's true. It is BEYOND f***ING AWFUL.
These postings of his are truly indicative of what an unpleasantly vain man he really is. Absolutely no news of his own so needs to hijack the passing of other celebrities. No matter how flowery or poetic his tributes are, they're really just all about him.

I believe Morrissey lived a few doors down, although lady and van were gone by then. Maybe his house is in the film.
That’s right! I hadn’t thought about that.

We lost one of the greats yesterday. An impeccable actor, with exquisite timing. Prime is stunningly good. For which she won the Oscar for best actress, of course. California Suite is also excellent, for which she won another Oscar for best supporting actress. No one could do one liners like Maggie Smith. RIP.

I think part of why Morrissey consistently posts obituaries on Central is to form a connection with his audience. great art lovers mourn together. collectively separately, it's a lovely thing to share a memory or even make a new one.

This paragraph from Nicholas Hytner's remembrance of her in The Guardian really struck me:

"She found life hysterically funny and unbearably painful. Her company was exhilarating – she was even sharper and wittier than her legions of fans imagined her to be. But since the death of her husband, Beverley, in 1998, she was often lonely, and the fun was a way of laughing in the face of the unavoidable misery that draws people to great acting. It bears witness to the tragic business of being alive, at the same time as it offers an escape from it."

she is one who will be missed, especially when I watch my favorite comfort films. a great thing about her craft was how she could harden her face and be cold, then have the warmest smile.

Great actress. I actually enjoy Morrissey's endless obituary reel, oddly. I have a tremendous fear of death that has bred a kind of fascination with it at the same time, and I can totally understand why he does this. I see it as a form of self-soothing.

My favourite movie would be "Ladies In Lavender" as it also had Judi Dench and the most amazing music - such a wonderful heartfelt movie with a wonderful Music score.
Now I am going to have to see if I can find that on Vinyl to add to my wish list......... 🤔

Update: looks like only on a silver spinner (CD) so will have to settle for that 🎶

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom