Inside information on Moz, Marr & management

Hopefully we'll get a second volume of his Autobiography - or at least a second edition, expanded and updated with fresh bile and score-settling.
It was never confirmed but there was talk of Moz getting about £2 million for the manuscript of his autobiography. Not bad at all. And I imagine his contract would have given him a sizeable chunk of the sales profits across the world.

This is off-topic a bit, tbh:

I read a comment under an obituary for Mark E. Smith which made me laugh (along with accounts of the time he 'performed' while lying down in the back of a van):

At one Fall gig a massive, long-haired and musclebound punter continually shouted at MES: "SMITH! You promised to play at my wedding, you ****! I'm going to effin' KILL YOU!"

The punter then commenced to perform hilariously high-speed Karate moves and chops, until MES had had enough of the heckling; Mark then made for the bloke but tripped on a microphone cable and fell headfirst into the drumkit.

I just felt like calling attention to it, for you to respond to, ridicule, or ignore-
Bíonn an fhírinne searbh. This is an old Irish saying meaning the truth can be bitter. Even when the truth is brought out to dispel lies, it can still feel harsh; maybe even harsher when people feel they have cherished ideas to defend.

Another idiot.
I remain baffled how any self-respecting legal company could actually tolerate the kind of person you portray yourself to be, on their roster. No point in trying to explain to someone of such bad manners that NDA or not, common courtesy is a reasonable expectation.
You are a moron. No NDA.
No response; just verbal abuse. A moron is someone who prefers politeness and fairness, is that it? Whatever else, you're acting like a vain attention-seeker at the moment. Claiming personal contact with DavidT only supports reasons for you to feel relaxed about behaving badly and mistreating Morrissey and other users in this 'hateful online creche'. It wouldn't have been hard for anyone to stitch together that little narrative based on reports of developments recently published elsewhere by sources directly linked to the artists. The illusion only makes the gap for a kinder fan-site gape all the more.
No, it's not [about business etiquette]
Yes it is. Just not for you, of course.
He still makes Mike serve him with papers
Tittle-tattle. Is it really your place to spill all these beans? You'll regret it some day.

It was never confirmed but there was talk of Moz getting about £2 million for the manuscript of his autobiography. Not bad at all. And I imagine his contract would have given him a sizeable chunk of the sales profits across the world.

I just checked and according to Bookscan the paperback has sold 205,000 copies in the UK since publication, and now averages about 175 copies a month, very steadily. (More than I would have thought!)

Bíonn an fhírinne searbh. This is an old Irish saying meaning the truth can be bitter. Even when the truth is brought out to dispel lies, it can still feel harsh; maybe even harsher when people feel they have cherished ideas to defend.
I agree, but that you cannot fathom how some of your posts could fairly be characterized as wildly speculative, makes me think you are not perhaps best equipped to hold forth (from the auspices of old Irish sayings, or otherwise), as to the nature of truth

Last edited:
I just checked and according to Bookscan the paperback has sold 205,000 copies in the UK since publication, and now averages about 175 copies a month, very steadily. (More than I would have thought!)

What about List of the Lost? Johnny’s book?

I've not read List but the terrible reviews - fair or not - likely didn't help sell the book.
It is a book only Morrissey could have written. Regardless of its merits (or lack thereof) as a piece of coherent narrative literature, if you enjoy spending time with Morrissey's thinking, turns of phrase, and peculiar honor, it's worth an afternoon read. I'd say it's fairly revelatory and representative of current stage Morrissey, as well as some of his longstanding creative obsessions and haunts.

I remain baffled how any self-respecting legal company could actually tolerate the kind of person you portray yourself to be, on their roster. No point in trying to explain to someone of such bad manners that NDA or not, common courtesy is a reasonable expectation.

No response; just verbal abuse. A moron is someone who prefers politeness and fairness, is that it? Whatever else, you're acting like a vain attention-seeker at the moment. Claiming personal contact with DavidT only supports reasons for you to feel relaxed about behaving badly and mistreating Morrissey and other users in this 'hateful online creche'. It wouldn't have been hard for anyone to stitch together that little narrative based on reports of developments recently published elsewhere by sources directly linked to the artists. The illusion only makes the gap for a kinder fan-site gape all the more.

Yes it is. Just not for you, of course.

Tittle-tattle. Is it really your place to spill all these beans? You'll regret it some day.
You obviously have no real life experience or perspective and just sit around and write purple prose all day long defending Morrissey, attacking posters and vilifying David and the moderators. You honestly believe anyone's employer would care about what they write about a pop star on the internet? :lbf:You are completely insane, literally, you have absolutely no grip on reality.

Hopefully we'll get a second volume of his Autobiography - or at least a second edition, expanded and updated with fresh bile and score-settling.
If you pick up a copy of Autobiography, turn it on its side and look at the thickness of it - he could have written that much about 1982-1987 alone.

Rather than another instalment of his life story, I would rather Morrissey write an in depth book about the stories behind the songs, the songwriting process, tour anecdotes etc.

I mean, clearly he's a very private person and a shy man when not on stage, so I appreciate that some songs are perhaps too difficult for him to talk about in plain English. Some lyricists can pour their hearts out in song, but off stage (and in interviews) simply find that they cannot talk about their private life and their relationships.

Nevertheless, I would like to hear, for instance, his memories of recording The Smiths' albums, TV appearances, where and when he and Johnny wrote certain songs, a bit more on meeting Boz and Alain for the first time and things like that.

I felt that Autobiography skirted over a lot of really significant moments in his life and career, and that for someone with such a rich back catalogue one book didn't really do it justice. There are so many eras to his career - Smiths, early solo, mid 90s, the years without a deal, Quarry and beyond.

This is one of the more interesting threads we've had in quite awhile. It's in these threads that I personally like to read the ANON posts, or less frequent, but significant contributors, as there seems to be a lot of truths, half-truths, and exaggerations floating around.

Bottom line to me is, both camps, know Moz-solo is the only place where we as followers go to seek these said, truths, half-truths, and exaggerations.

Be safe and grateful, all.....

Incredibly, it's nigh-on eleven years(!) since Autobiography was published. I'd love to discuss people's contemporary impressions of the book, but fear that everything discussed would be 'old news' to forum veterans.

This is the most bitter, yet hilarious revelation yet! Any more?
This has been known for ages, I just find it hilarious. Instead of sending his accountant an email in 1997 with instructions to wire whatever percentage it is, and just forget about Joyce forever, he intentionally has been winding himself up twice a year for 25 years when it feels like Mike is suing him over and over again…

Back
Top Bottom