"Beethoven Was Deaf" - Abbey Road remaster released (July 26, 2024)

Featuring a selection of songs from two 1992 concerts, Beethoven Was Deaf is released again today.
Available in black or orange gatefold "biovinyl" records, compact disc and digital versions.

IMG_20240725_154426~2.jpg
IMG_20240725_154439~2.jpg

The CD insert is 2 folded pieces of paper with 2 staples through them.
Only the CD has 3 larger versions (legs) of the photography:

IMG_20240725_1809392 a.jpg

IMG_20240725_1543162 a.jpg

Credits confirming the remaster is by Frank Arkwright.

IMG_20240725_1541112 a.jpg

Above image CD gatefold: Michael Gottschalk - "Rock am Ring", Nuerburg (June 2, 2006).

IMG_20240725_154145~3.jpg

To clarify which song is from which concert:

You're the One for Me, Fatty
Certain People I Know
National Front Disco

November Spawned a Monster
Seasick, Yet Still Docked
The Loop
Sister I'm a Poet
Jack the Ripper
Such a Little Thing Makes Such a Big Difference
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday

We'll Let You Know
Suedehead (possibly not from either gig)
He Knows I'd Love to See Him
You're Gonna Need Someone on Your Side
Glamorous Glue

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful

Astoria Theatre, London - December 20, 1992
Le Zénith, Paris -December 22, 1992

Unlike the original vinyl's "WOULD YOU RISK IT FOR A BISCUIT", there is no matrix message on either vinyl edition.
Regards,
FWD.

(The word 'Rhino' doesn't feature anywhere on these products. Images by FWD).

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
lol.

2006 image used.

Text on front says Live in Paris even though only half of it was.

Suedehead and You’re Gonna Need Someone On Your Side are now different performances than on the original release.

Where’s the quality control?

Morrissey has nothing but total and utter contempt for his fans. He is in love with himself. I count myself so very fortunate to have been a fan of his when it was glorious and wonderous time to be so. I was there at his 1st US solo concert at the San Diego Sports Arena in 1991. Followed by concerts in 1992,1995,1997,1999,2004, 2007,2009,2012,2014,2015 et al. Those early years an era when brilliant singles with with amazing B-sides were an embarrassment of riches. Perhaps BOT would be a return to those halcyon days. But we'll NEVER KNOW because it's NEVER going to be released. I can remember when Morrissey sold out the Hollywood Bowl faster than the Beatles, now in 2024 he can't sell out a show at the glorified night club that is the Las Vegas House of Blues. F+#K sakes-

Morrissey has nothing but total and utter contempt for his fans. He is in love with himself. I count myself so very fortunate to have been a fan of his when it was glorious and wonderous time to be so. I was there at his 1st US solo concert at the San Diego Sports Arena in 1991. Followed by concerts in 1992,1995,1997,1999,2004, 2007,2009,2012,2014,2015 et al. Those early years an era when brilliant singles with with amazing B-sides were an embarrassment of riches. Perhaps BOT would be a return to those halcyon days. But we'll NEVER KNOW because it's NEVER going to be released. I can remember when Morrissey sold out the Hollywood Bowl faster than the Beatles, now in 2024 he can't sell out a show at the glorified night club that is the Las Vegas House of Blues. F+#K sakes-
I completely agree that being a fan in the earlier days was much better, I saw the first 2 solo tours and those were the best.

I, for one, am very content with this release. Finally able to have it on streaming, finally having some form of meaningful content release, even if just a remaster. More recent Morrissey fans having easier access to this record. Plus, the shows seem very promising.

Beethoven is Deaf

1721968148263.png

Maybe he'll be in top form tonight and delivers the classic: "An album, I strongly advise you not to buy". It would make sense! A bit of the old Mozzer!

Why the consistent 2006 obsession for a 1992 recording? This is just baffling. Are we going to get a 'Ringleader' reissue next plastered with photographs of Morrissey from 1986? Someone please explain this madness? :squiffy:

Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package!
Re-evaluate the songs
Double-pack with a (much later) photograph
Extra track (and a tacky badge)

Yes it is, but you have to scroll all the way back to 1993 in the Discography. I was expecting it to appear as the latest release, but no.

Ah, thank you! So Spotify gives a live album from 1993 the meaning it has. And only a few people with very good ears can hear a difference in sound.

So move on Moz, you can give us BOT now very SOON! :tiphat:

I suppose I might be tempted to buy it if I saw it in a shop but at the moment I don't want to reward bad presentation. The photo on the back is quite attractive but not the front one, and Beethoven without a capital b is unacceptable to me.

If Suedehead is possibly not from either concert, could he not have just went the whole hog and put the Rick Astley version of the song on the album? And maybe, just maybe, have an image of the Teletubbies on the cover...

My CD arrived yesterday but I wonder why the remaster isn't on Spotify? I want to share some of the remastered songs on my Instagram story.
It is available on YT and (certain regions only?) Spotify.
Link is earlier in the thread.
Regards,
FWD.

Lol everyone is being so negative! Re-mastered at Abbey Road Studios! That's fun, right? I can hear the difference. His voice is a lot clearer in the mix. Plus we got to see his nipples on this front cover. That's worth the cover price alone.

Where's the fade in & fade out between tracks ? why the mastering engineer didn't de-noise the whole album tracks before re-mastering it ?! ( I'm not offending about what he did but .... )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom