Morrissey Central “26 JULY WORLDWIDE RELEASE” (July 3, 2024)

IMG_9980.jpeg

IMG_9981.jpeg

CD, BLACK VINYL, ORANGE VINYL

The cover looks like one of those discount cassettes that you get at a truck stop/ gas station in the middle of nowhere. Is it possibly worse than that ridiculous "Swords?" sleeve?

You raise a good point. The Swords cover looked like he was nursing a hang over,
And Quite possibly he’d maybe shit himself as well.
Or the other possibility is that he’s out dogging.

The art work for some years now has been disappointing at best.

As others are saying terrible cover choice why choose a photograph from the 2010s / 2020s when the live performance took place in the early 1990s? So many releases since swords have had really crap covers though for me. Will the album be remastered? The original CD does sound good as it is either way. If they do remaster it I would guess Morrissey's vocals will be louder in the mix the last few albums his singing has been really loud? Compared with ringleader and years of refusal at least. Portishead recently remastered their live album and I think that sounded great so hopefully this one will too if that's the case I will probably pick it up but it's not a very exciting release is it. Hopefully the new album or albums come soon!

Remember the version of Morrissey who was obsessed with quality control and agonized over every detail of his sleeves until they met his exacting standards? Yeah, neither do I...

The atrocity of that sleeve aside, this release was a missed opportunity. They could have went back to the original recording of the Paris show, remixed it and put it out with the full concert, in the original running order, which was:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
You're the One for Me, Fatty
Certain People I Know
Glamorous Glue
Tomorrow
November Spawned a Monster
The National Front Disco
Seasick, Yet Still Docked
Jack the Ripper
Alsatian Cousin
Sister I'm a Poet
The Loop
Such a Little Thing Makes Such a Big Difference
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
We'll Let You Know
Suedehead
Encore:
You're Gonna Need Someone on Your Side
The Last of the Famous International Playboys

Remember the version of Morrissey who was obsessed with quality control and agonized over every detail of his sleeves until they met his exacting standards? Yeah, neither do I...

Maybe his eyes are failing and he believes these sleeves are the dog's bollocks ;)

Wish I was in the USA for this. I am stuck in a hospital in fecking Bognar, don't get old.
Do we know if he is doing anything in the UK, in the next couple of months, I will limp to the venue with the kids if he is.
Good on him for selling the venue, maybe he will do a tour later in the year and I can catch him in Austin, at the Mothership. LOL

I'm getting too old to deify or demonise anyone. I hope whoever buys it enjoys it. I hope the new albums get released and people like me enjoy them.

In the meantime I've finished reading Cixin Liu's Three Body Problem trilogy (proper name: Remembrance of Earth's past) and it reminds me that, to quote Suede, we are litter on the breeze. So we may as well enjoy ourselves and wish our Moz well. Everyone on this site now or previously loved Moz. Hopefully the lost boys such as yourself can someday return to that happy state. This post is not intended to cause an argument.
That would be great. I was hoping that as well. I am starting to think its gonna be another year free of new M music. Feck it

New Beethoven was deaf remastered sound ?

Not having bought the new remastered version i was wondering on the difference between this and the original ?

I always thought it impossible to improve on it as it was near enough perfect to my ears.

Having just picked up all 3 - the person remastering at Abbey Road is Frank Arkwright.
Regards,
FWD.

Having just picked up all 3 - the person remastering at Abbey Road is Frank Arkwright.
Regards,
FWD.
Frank Awkright mastered the Smiths LPS.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom