@lisettethebest / X: "Beethoven Was Deaf" Remaster concerts at House of Blues in Las Vegas on July 26 and 27 (June 4, 2024)

20240604_151622.png

MORRISSEY
ANNOUNCES BEETHOVEN WAS DEAF LIVE IN PARIS
(2024 REMASTER)
OUT JULY 26TH

ANNOUNCES TWO LAS VEGAS SHOWS
JULY 26 & 27 AT HOUSE OF BLUES

"Despite recent fiascoes, I will indeed be fully present in blood-soaked flesh at the House of Blues in Las Vegas on July 26 (Friday) and 27 (Saturday). Having hung upside down for several months, I am now in good health - like an arrow fully drawn and waiting to be fired: please fling me. The 26th has ordained the first U.S. release of Beethoven Was Deaf, a live recording in Paris for your private use. Signed copies of the vinyl will be available at the House of Blues for those of you who still run upstairs whenever the doorbell rings (l certainly do.) Life begins again with full accompaniment from Jesse Tobias (guitar), Carmen Vandenberg (guitar), Camila Grey (keyboards), Solomon Walker (bass), and Matthew Walker (drums.) Expect a night of thrust and parry - no-show tunes. If you can find a decent pair of shoes, by all means come along. There is nothing quite like physical proximity, I am assured. If you would rather not come, then you are obviously one-half of a twin pair of parakeets. Some people sing, some poison the air. But if life is meaningless then why was there not always nothing? For those of you 85 and over who are still waiting for Bonfire Of Teenagers to be released, good news is finally within our grasp.

Hopefully, I will smell you in Vegas - where the audiences always stay the same age ... are you in the mood?" at
large — Morrissey

Thanks to @davidt for the link.
Note: Solomon & Matthew.
Regards,
FWD.

UPDATE 7:55AM PT:

An anonymous person sends the image:

Tickets on sale Friday 10:00AM PT.

full

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
If we're getting into subtext minutiae, then what does "Expect a night of thrust and parry - no-show tunes" mean?

It seems like the hyphen should be between show and tunes, not no and show. "No-show tunes" reads as tunes sung by a no-show.
Yes, that was a rather unfortunate typo. 'No-show' tunes would be the band filling in beside a cardboard cut out.

Because he is likely in rehearsals for Shakira's upcoming world tour. He has been her drummer for 25 years, and it gives him 2 years of solid work. A no-brainer decision for him really.
Except the torture of having to play that shite music.

Are you new to Morrissey and his methods?

Are you?

In his early solo years, yes there seemed to be some payment problems. Probably again, due to management issues, who knows.

1717617241231.png

1717617265493.png

maybe time to update our perceptions of Mozi.

:cool:

That's 'cos you're very old. ;)

born old, sadly wise? maybe.

But James is not young. Don’t think Travis is either. They’re not k pop bands. And yet, all the same to me.

(y)

Well, a few here on solo have awful taste in music, and actually like bands like James, etc. and what Marr’s doing. It’s fine, it’s safe, ‘good times’ music, I guess that’s alright for some. You definitely made the right choice.
Well I will see Marr in a couple of weeks but I agree with you that it’s a safe bet (he never cancels) and basically a good night out. And I will be quite happy with that at this time.
It’s just thatMorrissey’s singing voice and stage personality outshines the rest of the herd when he’s in form, well worth the occasional gamble.

And as many others have said, this is really his best written post in a long while. No negativity, no bitterness, just a return to his authentically hilarious writing style, reminding us why we loved him in the first place.

But wouldn’t any member have a contract and still get paid for cancellations?

Are you new to Morrissey and his methods?

In his early solo years, yes there seemed to be some payment problems. Probably again, due to management issues, who knows.

1717622679555.png

1717622713394.png

maybe time to update our perceptions of Mozi.

:cool:

Or maybe time for you to not be so precious and get a sense of humour?

Oh I’m sorry! Were you trying to be funny?

Well I will see Marr in a couple of weeks but I agree with you that it’s a safe bet (he never cancels) and basically a good night out. And I will be quite happy with that at this time.
It’s just thatMorrissey’s singing voice and stage personality outshines the rest of the herd when he’s in form, well worth the occasional gamble.

Yeah, I wouldn’t travel if you weren’t with friends or the area didn’t have other things to do while you’re there. I mean, just in case.

Have fun at the Marr show, god knows we all need to have a good time now and then.

:)

Last edited:
Yes, that was a rather unfortunate typo. 'No-show' tunes would be the band filling in beside a cardboard cut out.

I actually thought that was intentional. I got the feeling it was Morrissey being mischievous - like he had this type of look on his face while writing it.

1000008375.jpg

I laughed when I read it, because I interpreted it as him being cheeky and perhaps somewhat self-deprecating. It's one of the things I love about his nature.

It's how it felt to me too. Despite recent fiascoes. That's Moz speak for - sorry for cancelling on you.
@Lujan369 - I hope you're listening.
I'm not so sure about that. Could be the usual, despite-what-I've-been-going through-thing. Because if you want to apologise, you apologise. Simple as that. But of course, that's open to interpretation, as always. If you feel apologised to, that's good for you, I guess. It's an entertaining post and its really good that there are finally some good news, but I don't get why people read an apology into it, when there is none.

I thought the ' despite recent fiascoes' line may have been referring to complications trying to get the shows in place. Like, now that's all finally sorted, the shows will be going ahead, and I will be appearing....

Just my take.

I actually thought that was intentional. I got the feeling it was Morrissey being mischievous - like he had this type of look on his face while writing it.

View attachment 104971

I laughed when I read it, because I interpreted it as him being cheeky and perhaps somewhat self-deprecating. It's one of the things I love about his nature.

I think this is him cryptically alluding to all the canceled dates. “No-show” indeed.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom