The Telegraph / James Hall: "Morrissey: ‘My whole life has relied on free speech – naturally, I’m gagged’" (September 9, 2024)

2d4f0802a6e79e661ec82b08e8a0175aa666f401~2.jpg

Morrissey: ‘My whole life has relied on free speech – naturally, I’m gagged’

The forthright singer’s ‘masterpiece’ Bonfire of Teenagers was finished in 2021. He reveals the ‘idiot culture’ blocking its release

https://archive.is/J2hBl - no paywall.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is old news and a boring story on repeat.

Record labels aren't lining up to sign someone who would make them enough money to buy donuts for the C suite meeting because they can afford donuts, even the fancy ones they sell at pvdonuts.com. They also don't want to work with him since he is hard to work with. The only thing censoring Morrissey is his track record since 1983.

Self-release and show the world that you cannot be censored or sign a 360 deal which you could definitely get but it's about as bad a deal anyone could make.

Anyway.. see you in Rochester.

This is old news and a boring story on repeat.

Record labels aren't lining up to sign someone who would make them enough money to buy donuts for the C suite meeting because they can afford donuts, even the fancy ones they sell at pvdonuts.com. They also don't want to work with him since he is hard to work with. The only thing censoring Morrissey is his track record since 1983.

And yet it’s strange, with his track record and reputation of someone that’s ‘difficult’ to work with, Capitol music still bought and initially planned to release Bonfire, even with their knowledge of his falling out with Harvest which is owned by Capitol music.

But agree, he doesn’t make it easy for himself.

Self-release and show the world that you cannot be censored or sign a 360 deal which you could definitely get but it's about as bad a deal anyone could make.

Yes!

Anyway.. see you in Rochester.

wave a scarf furiously!

Johnny Marr probably saw this article and congratulated himself on avoiding the whole whinging quagmire of modern day Moz.

He lost me when he used the woke term which was invented by the far right journalists and politics.
And let's forget this unmemorable picture.

Woke in a void.
War in a void.

Johnny Marr probably saw this article and congratulated himself on avoiding the whole whinging quagmire of modern day Moz.

his lo$$. ;)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom