Factory International: "A night with The Johnny Marr Orchestra" (on December 7-8, 2023)

A NIGHT WITH THE JOHNNY MARR ORCHESTRA

JM_2000x1125.f1ccbae~2.jpg

Get ready for a night of classics and fan favourites brought to life with a new, expanded sound as Johnny Marr takes to the stage with a full orchestra.

Known for crafting a generation-defining guitar sound with The Smiths,
Marr has carved out an equally impressive solo career, bringing his masterful playing to a new generation of indie rock fans.

In 2022, Marr released his fourth solo album Fever Dreams Pts. 1–4 to widespread critical acclaim, before touring with the likes of Blondie and The Killers. Now, he brings his live show back to where it all began – right here in Manchester.

For this special performance at Aviva Studios, Marr is joined on stage by some of the best classical musicians from across Manchester. Together, they’ll reinterpret Marr’s mightily impressive catalogue in A Night with the Johnny Marr Orchestra.

This looks rather interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I think it's just going to be the official announcement of a new solo 'Best Of' compilation LP. According to the recent podcast that was posted here a couple of days ago, his record label asked him do delay going in the studio making a new album, and curate a compilation instead to mark 10 years of his solo career. So probably nothing new - unless he does what Moz did with 'Greatest Hits' and teases a couple of new songs from his next LP.
It is a best of.

Same, intrigued to see what he will play, I'm there on the Friday.
Me too. There is a Light with an orchestral backdrop could be enough to reduce me to tears, lol. Yeh, I'm heading there on the Thursday. I'm wondering how many people will be there. The Warehouse can seemingly hold 5k people, but I can't see there being that many attending. With it being a new venue it's difficult to picture how it'll be.

Travelling from Scottish borders to Manchester on the Thursday and back the next morning. I knew the damn trains would be on strike, so back up bus tickets were essential. I thought about going to both nights, but I don't think it'll be vastly different. Spent way too much on 5 days in Manchester for the two nighter Chameleons gigs at the Ritz a week later. Both will be great.

I find it amusing that many people follow Morrissey's lead in spouting crap and being spiteful towards Marr when it's possible to actually enjoy both of them. He basically asked people to think for themselves, but people just go along with whatever he says. Marr will always be part of The Smiths whether they like it or not.

Me too. There is a Light with an orchestral backdrop could be enough to reduce me to tears, lol. Yeh, I'm heading there on the Thursday. I'm wondering how many people will be there. The Warehouse can seemingly hold 5k people, but I can't see there being that many attending. With it being a new venue it's difficult to picture how it'll be.

Travelling from Scottish borders to Manchester on the Thursday and back the next morning. I knew the damn trains would be on strike, so back up bus tickets were essential. I thought about going to both nights, but I don't think it'll be vastly different. Spent way too much on 5 days in Manchester for the two nighter Chameleons gigs at the Ritz a week later. Both will be great.

I’m sure it’ll be worth the trip! Have a blast!

:guitar::violin::violin::violin:(y)

I find it amusing that many people follow Morrissey's lead in spouting crap and being spiteful towards Marr when it's possible to actually enjoy both of them. He basically asked people to think for themselves, but people just go along with whatever he says. Marr will always be part of The Smiths whether they like it or not.

Not sure how the Thursday is panning out but the Friday is sold out and apparently it's 5K all standing.

Not sure how the Thursday is panning out but the Friday is sold out and apparently it's 5K all standing.
Yeh, there are still tickets for Thursday, so I'm going to assume it's because people want to drink without work the next morning. I don't drink due to meds, so that doesn't matter to me. The price of hotels in walking distance went through the roof recently. Glad I paid for mine months ago.

The "room/warehouse" looks pretty non-descript. I have seated tickets as my mum cannot stand without making her arthritis worse, so hopefully it'll be somewhere decent. If it's ridiculously far back we will just have to stand. I'm not travelling that far to see a tiny speck, lol.

I was surprised and thought it was pretty rad that the venue offered different price tickets for different people. Prices often prohibit certain demographics from attending, but these guys have made that a priority. How long it's done on a trust basis is another thing entirely.

First time I've seen Johnny live. Great new venue, crowd pleasing set, fantastic use of an orchestra. Not ostentatious or pretentious in the slightest. All class. No songs about conspiracy theories or telephones ringing. All love and joy.

And 25 quid for a signed poster, could get ten of those for one Moz vinyl.

First time I've seen Johnny live. Great new venue, crowd pleasing set, fantastic use of an orchestra. Not ostentatious or pretentious in the slightest. All class. No songs about conspiracy theories or telephones ringing. All love and joy.

And 25 quid for a signed poster, could get ten of those for one Moz vinyl.
Can’t believe that I seen Johnny 10 years ago at G-mx, I think.
Tonight was one of the best gigs I’ve
Ever seen.
A great post Matt 😁😁

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom