Factory International: "A night with The Johnny Marr Orchestra" (on December 7-8, 2023)

A NIGHT WITH THE JOHNNY MARR ORCHESTRA

JM_2000x1125.f1ccbae~2.jpg

Get ready for a night of classics and fan favourites brought to life with a new, expanded sound as Johnny Marr takes to the stage with a full orchestra.

Known for crafting a generation-defining guitar sound with The Smiths,
Marr has carved out an equally impressive solo career, bringing his masterful playing to a new generation of indie rock fans.

In 2022, Marr released his fourth solo album Fever Dreams Pts. 1–4 to widespread critical acclaim, before touring with the likes of Blondie and The Killers. Now, he brings his live show back to where it all began – right here in Manchester.

For this special performance at Aviva Studios, Marr is joined on stage by some of the best classical musicians from across Manchester. Together, they’ll reinterpret Marr’s mightily impressive catalogue in A Night with the Johnny Marr Orchestra.

This looks rather interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
At a festival. Not a Johnny Marr concert.
I’ve seen him twice; tremendous each time. Looks like I’m about to see him a third time, and if it’s half as good as the other two it’ll be ace.

Tickets are ‘sensitively’ priced, given all that’s going on. And I’m grateful for that.

At a festival. Not a Johnny Marr concert.

I never said it was, the point is people enjoy the Smiths stuff even when it’s Johnny singing them. It’s also not a festival, it’s a Courteeners gig and Johnny was the support, nice that so many people watched his set

Last edited:
I think Morrissey just wanted to come out swinging. Marr also agreed it should be the first single. On a similar note, Geoff Travis didn’t see How Soon as being representative of the band’s sound and it was initially released as a b-side!
True, but at that time, late '84, it wasn't their sound, it was a major step forward sonically and musically but i can understand him wanting the more Smiths like William. Hindsight eh?

True, but at that time, late '84, it wasn't their sound, it was a major step forward sonically and musically but i can understand him wanting the more Smiths like William. Hindsight eh?

Yeah, he wasn’t open to the possibilities on that one.

The lengths you absolute losers go to to appear contrarian is absolutely pathetic. Your mind must be constantly performing mental gymnastics. This is what your comment reads as:

"The Smiths music is actually SHIT. ONLY THE LYRICS MATTER. WHEN I LISTEN TO THE SMITHS I ISOLATE THE VOCALS JUST TO LISTEN TO THEM AND THEM ONLY. Johnny Marr is just a "FINE", and his compositions DEFINITELY HAD ZERO IMPACT ON THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NEVER GOES OUT OR ANY OF THE OTHER MEGA POPULAR SMITHS SONGS. NO ONE LISTENS TO THE SMITHS FOR THE MUSIC"
Hahahah oh phoney. You were the one who felt it and fell. Nice try, thank you for reading and get messed up. X

The lengths you absolute losers go to to appear contrarian is absolutely pathetic. Your mind must be constantly performing mental gymnastics. This is what your comment reads as:

"The Smiths music is actually SHIT. ONLY THE LYRICS MATTER. WHEN I LISTEN TO THE SMITHS I ISOLATE THE VOCALS JUST TO LISTEN TO THEM AND THEM ONLY. Johnny Marr is just a "FINE", and his compositions DEFINITELY HAD ZERO IMPACT ON THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NEVER GOES OUT OR ANY OF THE OTHER MEGA POPULAR SMITHS SONGS. NO ONE LISTENS TO THE SMITHS FOR THE MUSIC"

Seriously, just because Morrissey seems to be at a nadir in his career, they think putting Johnny down somehow reflects well on Morrissey. No it doesn't. That's a real "loser" mentality as you say.

I never said it was, the point is people enjoy the Smiths stuff even when it’s Johnny singing them. It’s also not a festival, it’s a Courteeners gig and Johnny was the support, nice that so many people watched his set
"Curious" thing its that M has never been a support act of anybody (with the exception for David Bowie). He has always held chin up and high. In fact, Patti Smith, Billy Idol, Tom Jones, David Johansen have supported him, his idols opening for him!

And the little dwarf, well, opening for Courteeners(?!) and many second hand stars. Must get some money from somewhere, life its a bitch.

Smith's fans are very lucky to have Marr as the standard bearer for the band's legacy, especially in the light of all that has happened to Marr's better half in recent years. Do you know that folks are calling Morrissey "Lost Cause Moz" after the recent cancellations? LCM. Yeah, I don't like it either.

Something to remember or for some losers (clears throat) like above, to first know, as it proves why the small john dwarf marr is... s***

Y W

I'm not sure why you're re-posting that. Reading through it, it just shows how firmly Johnny was steering the Smiths ship and how much he is responsible for shaping the recording of all those amazing songs.

Just stop trying to sing, that's all we're asking.

No that’s just what you and a couple of others are asking for, thousands of other people enjoy what he does.

Last edited:
I am wondering if he will play the same set on the second night as the first.
I think it's highly likely. These are special shows where they are having to do new arrangements for orchestra, plus practicing how it meshes with Johnny's band, and presumably having to do full set rehearsals. It's going to be way too much work to do two completely different sets over a two day period.

I think it's highly likely. These are special shows where they are having to do new arrangements for orchestra, plus practicing how it meshes with Johnny's band, and presumably having to do full set rehearsals. It's going to be way too much work to do two completely different sets over a two day period.
Yup, my thoughts exactly.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom