Morrissey Central "DELON IS DEAD" (August 18, 2024)

424c5b0c859ea286a94bf6a03fef231305b51cb9.jpg

"No doubt The Guardian will give him a glowing obituary, but if he continued to live in good health they would hiss and tell us that he is Far White. When will they ever learn?"
-Morrissey.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever I think about Alain Delon I have to think about Ari, the son he had with Nico and never acknoledged although he was his spitting image. Ari`s life makes me shiver. If there is an afterlife, may Ari get there what he never got on earth.
Is that the child that Delon's mother raised as her own?.

The end of such a beguiling and effervescent chapter that can never be reopened and which will never be replicated or repeated in any way is haunting me to the depths of my core now, with a deadening, black linearity that is a kind of black linearity inside of me and attached to my feelings that I hate above all other kinds of feelings I ever have to feel.
Yes, I know. Some former celebrity is dead now. It can mean only torment for all those who are left behind - black, linear torment.

Yes, I know. Some former celebrity is dead now. It can mean only torment for all those who are left behind - black, linear torment.
Really? Each individual is capable of making a determination for themselves if a given individual is some former celebrity, versus in other instances, someone who has contributed immensely to the arts for many decades, and whose talents, body of work, and personality may have brought value and richness into the lives of any people who have appreciated that individual, and their work, for decades.

Why do you enjoy doing yourself a disservice and acting like you don’t know how to be anything other than always the lowest rung?

and yet … I can not cry

🩶

He also used that brief eulogy as an opportunity to take a pasdice agressive cheap shot at Andy's best freind, the man who helped nursed him through the last years of his illness and wrote a genuinely affectionate eulogy that came from the heart... some bloke called Johnny Marr?

("Never any manufactured moves", iirc)

Jealous, petty and bitter. A histrionic, political, attention seeking narcissist to the very end even when the occasion doesn't call for it - that's Morrissey alright.
He also used that brief eulogy as an opportunity to take a pasdice agressive cheap shot at Andy's best freind, the man who helped nursed him through the last years of his illness and wrote a genuinely affectionate eulogy that came from the heart... some bloke called Johnny Marr?

("Never any manufactured moves", iirc)

Jealous, petty and bitter. A histrionic, political, attention seeking narcissist to the very end even when the occasion doesn't call for it - that's Morrissey alright.

Johnny's obit for him was a real beauty without even a hint of careerist self aggrandisement, when he spotlights the triumphant scene where he invites Andy to join him on stage at NYC's legendary Madison Square Garden there was no need for Johnny to share that he was performing as a support act for US headliners The Killers.

Is that the child that Delon's mother raised as her own?.
Yes, his mother adopted and raised Ari, neither of Ari's own parents Nico and Delon could not be bothered. Delon would not even acknowledge he was Ari's father. Ari passed last year of a heroin overdose.

Whenever I think about Alain Delon I have to think about Ari, the son he had with Nico and never acknoledged although he was his spitting image. Ari`s life makes me shiver. If there is an afterlife, may Ari get there what he never got on earth.
It's hard to have any respect for a man who denies his own child.

View attachment 109088

A 'better than Google translate' translation anyone?
(Appreciate that it is blurry).
FWD.
Therefore, as you suggest, thank you for sending me the disc when it will be out and I would also appreciate that you send me a t-shirt which will allow me to appreciate the final result.

I would really appreciate that you keep me posted about this, and, until then,

(Typical end of a letter in French although, « normally », a man does not send his feelings to a woman)

Johnny's obit for him was a real beauty without even a hint of careerist self aggrandisement, when he spotlights the triumphant scene where he invites Andy to join him on stage at NYC's legendary Madison Square Garden there was no need for Johnny to share that he was performing as a support act for US headliners The Killers.
Using a death to settle scores, or push personal politics and a racist agenda is very different to having an egotistical little boast about you and your mates' musical achievements. Marr is a vain careerist like all successful musicians, but he's not a sociopath.

In a month that has seen some of the most virulent hatred and dangerous rhetoric thrown around Morrissey's country of birth since the 1940s, he remains curiously silent on the violence and civic destruction wrought in his home city, and the attacks on the poor, vulnerable and those from minority groups...

Instead he chooses to play the Nigel Farage card, using the death of a rich, privileged white man to subtly bemoan the supposed media silencing of another rich, privileged white man... himself. No mention of Delon's influence on his own work, or discussion of his art. Just a quick White Pride jab.

'Oh, I don't hate indians but I dont like them either, they smell funny...", the person who wrote those comments to a pen pal in the 80s is the same feculent turd we see subtly egging on a kind of race war, while people in his hone town try to rebuilt businesses, food banks and properties destroyed by rioting.

Using a death to settle scores, or push personal politics and a racist agenda is very different to having an egotistical little boast about you and your mates' musical achievements. Marr is a vain careerist like all successful musicians, but he's not a sociopath.

In a month that has seen some of the most virulent hatred and dangerous rhetoric thrown around Morrissey's country of birth since the 1940s, he remains curiously silent on the violence and civic destruction wrought in his home city, and the attacks on the poor, vulnerable and those from minority groups...

Instead he chooses to play the Nigel Farage card, using the death of a rich, privileged white man to subtly bemoan the supposed media silencing of another rich, privileged white man... himself. No mention of Delon's influence on his own work, or discussion of his art. Just a quick White Pride jab.

'Oh, I don't hate indians but I dont like them either, they smell funny...", the person who wrote those comments to a pen pal in the 80s is the same feculent turd we see subtly egging on a kind of race war, while people in his hone town try to rebuilt businesses, food banks and properties destroyed by rioting.
Bollocks. If they had been black people rioting you would be on here posting about 'systemic racism' and how we need to listen and understand their grievances. Which indeed we should in any riot. Your hatred of the uneducated working class - yes, those same 'louts' who voted for Brexit - is obvious. What we have seen is the white working class demonised and villainised. All labelled as 'far right'. Some have been sent to prison just for posting memes on the internet. Stalinist Starmer. People like you are the real racists. You despise the white working class. You will wave the Palestinian flag and are happy to shout 'From the River to the Sea' for people in the imaginary state of Palestine - but in your own country you would happily watch the white working class become one of those 'minority groups' that you claim to care about. If you could make being white and working class a crime, you would have done it already. The UK is not at ease with itself and ongoing civil strife is very likely - but due to people like you and your 'open borders' insanity, not due to people like Morrissey or Douglas Murray, or even Alain Delon for that matter, who have merely warned against the madness.

My sadness over alain is coming in small spurts, not overwhelming like I imagined it would be. It just seems surreal that a week ago he was even alive at all. He seemed to belong to a different time.

Back
Top Bottom