Morrissey Central "Vegas, Here We Come" (July 25, 2024)

July 25, 2024
1000022409.jpg

1000022408.jpg

Last edited:
I'm excited for the return of Matthew Walker. I like Brendan Buckley but Walker has always has a big feel to his drumming.

As these shows are supposed to be special "Beethoven" shows I hope the setlist will reflect that but I feel lucky to be able to go so as long as the setlist isn't what it was last year I will most likely be pretty happy.

If I could choose the lineup it would be:

Matt Walker - drums
Gary Day - bass
Alain White - guitar
Carmen Vandenberg - guitar
Michael Farrell - keys

If I could get studio guys in that never played live I'd bring in Kevin Armstrong on guitars over Carmen, Andrew Paresi on drums and Roger Manning on keys.

Hope to see some familiar faces there!

It hasn't sold out despite weeks of promotion on Instagram. He's a lazy swine. He thinks nothing of cancelling gigs at the last minute. He loves a good drink. I've put £250 on the gig being cancelled and am trying to will it to happen.
I'll take your money also

Stage is already set up......ITS HAPPENING.... SHOW #1 is on tonight...give up the money
Please see the Nottingham thread from last year. Crew, band etc were in Nottingham, poor old Mozi was shitting through the eye of a needle in some swanky London hotel and cancelled with just a few hours notice. There were people in the bars around the venue who didn't know he had cancelled.

Please see the Nottingham thread from last year. Crew, band etc were in Nottingham, poor old Mozi was shitting through the eye of a needle in some swanky London hotel and cancelled with just a few hours notice. There were people in the bars around the venue who didn't know he had cancelled.
Well that's because he hates Nottingham, try a different city

Is the show tonight? I'm a bit confused about the time difference.
Tomorrow. Unless you are already in the future, in which case it was last Friday.

Assuming you are in the UK, the gig is scheduled to start at about 3 o'clock on Saturday morning. I'll be providing pre-gig poetry over in the Off-Topic thread until then.

Isn't Moz supposed to be playin' the
whole Beethoven Was Deaf record?
Where did you here that? It's just the pre release show for the re-release of the LP. Hadn't heard he was playing all the songs on the Lp. He has never done that. Played just a complete Lp, maybe 1991!

All of these shows will 100% go ahead.
I've seen Mark E Smith perform in a wheelchair from behind a curtain.

If he could, then Moz can.

Back
Top Bottom