The Smiths to reunite for 2020 tour promoted by Live Nation?

A trusted source has sent the following:

Concert industry insiders, not authorized to speak publicly, say concert giant “Live Nation” has won the rights for the long-awaited Smiths reunion to happen next year. We know what you’re already singing to yourself (“stop me if you think that you’ve heard this one before”), but because dates and venues are already said to be in the “plotting stage,” this would indicate that a Morrissey-Marr reunion is closer than ever to becoming a reality. There’s no word yet on if all four original members will share the concert stage. Morrissey just completed his “California Son” tour. According to his website, Johnny Marr has no upcoming shows scheduled. Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned.

Johnny Marr's Twitter response when asked regarding this story - Twitter (November 6, 2019), link via @ordinaryboy86:

Media coverage:
Related item:

Last edited:
You’re comparing the solo careers of a frontman of 40 years, with a guitarist. Pointless. But judge them in the respective disciplines, and Marr is way ahead in terms of the sound he’s creating. Morrissey was lauded for the creatively of his lyrics, and they’re shit now, bored, tired, unimaginative. Marr is still doing the biz with his guitar, like he always was, he’s prob even more creative and honed now. Morrissey has declined massively when it comes to putting words on paper.
Moz is still playing places like Madison Square Garden and Hollywood Bowl and Marr is playing small clubs, in his 50s. Please get a perspective.

I'm not sure his ego would stand any event or project that took the focus away from releasing a new album and single with a 'fantastic duet' in the same year.
Regards,
FWD.

Yeah I think being on stage with Marr now would highlight a chasmic discrepancy of creatively, energy, positivity and general feel good vibes, and most importantly, talent. all of which Marr has, and Morrissey once had, but has no more. Moz would be showed up for what he is, a has been, who’s lost all the ingredients that ever made him good.
Yeah, Johnny should insist " Easy Money" and "Hi Hello" be played at any Smiths reunion, they'll bring the house down. Morrissey would play maracas in the background. :rolleyes:

Moz is still playing places like Madison Square Garden and Hollywood Bowl and Marr is playing small clubs, in his 50s. Please get a perspective.

He last played the main room in MSG in 2015, last time it was the Theatre.

Also, Marr has only been properly a solo artist for 5 years whereas Morrissey has been solo for over 30 years.

Morrisseys UK career is over, Marr’s UK career is on the up

Also, Marr has only been properly a solo artist for 5 years whereas Morrissey has been solo for over 30 years.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

you silly person.

hes that hard work that bozz has been with him for twenty years,jesse over ten years and the rest over five years,hardly the worst boss in the pop world.

I think they're just practical types who accept his issues. Anyone a bit more starry would probably get annoyed.

Incredible, did you see the arena’s Moz played last year in the UK? Much bigger than where Marr will ever play on his own.

Also Moz’s last records charted higher that Marr’s will ever chart.

Please get a perspective.

hes that hard work that bozz has been with him for twenty years,jesse over ten years and the rest over five years,hardly the worst boss in the pop world.

boz ain’t got anything else to do besides sell second hand records in Camden, and Jessie is the tea boy, he’s just happy to be there and make Morrissey a brew. It’s a pathetic band, and as much as Morrissey is slipping, he deffo deserves better backing, but as a few here have already said, he doesn’t want any genuine talent sharing the stage with him.

Incredible, did you see the arena’s Moz played last year in the UK? Much bigger than where Marr will ever play on his own.

Also Moz’s last records charted higher that Marr’s will ever chart.

Please get a perspective.

Incredible that you always seem to forget that his last UK tour was postponed and never rescheduled due to poor ticket sales.

boz ain’t got anything else to do besides sell second hand records in Camden, and Jessie is the tea boy, he’s just happy to be there and make Morrissey a brew. It’s a pathetic band, and as much as Morrissey is slipping, he deffo deserves better backing, but as a few here have already said, he doesn’t want any genuine talent sharing the stage with him.
You are completely right. Boz has no talent whatsoever, he hasn’t written any classic songs :brows:
Now My Heart Is Full, Speedway, Jack The Ripper, The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get, Spring-Heeled Jim, Come Back To Camden...

You don’t really care for music, do you?

You are completely right. Boz has no talent whatsoever, he hasn’t written any classic songs :brows:
Now My Heart Is Full, Speedway, Jack The Ripper, The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get, Spring-Heeled Jim, Come Back To Camden...

You don’t really care for music, do you?
Your list does rather suggest that Boz went through a purple patch in around 1993/4 which seems to have coincided with Morrissey's best lyrical output. And I think his output does rather pale when compared to Alain's.

Incredible that you always seem to forget that his last UK tour was postponed and never rescheduled due to poor ticket sales.

A mere blip in a decades-long career; he’s emerged gloriously from worse, many times over.

When all is said and done, Morrissey will leave behind a musical legacy unequalled by many & envied by many more, & all the petty ‘controversies’ stirred up by unimaginative clones such as yourself will be a mere footnote, if that.

You, on the other hand, will have a paupers funeral & nobody will even notice you’ve gone.

Them’s the facts, sonny, just you wait & see.

ANYTIME I CAN SEE MORRISSEY AGAIN......IM IN
my favorite lp is easily Strangways which really never got it's own tour. So if this is true, I'm ok as long as MOZ is there.....seeing a show with no Boz would be strange,

A mere blip in a decades-long career; he’s emerged gloriously from worse, many times over.

When all is said and done, Morrissey will leave behind a musical legacy unequalled by many & envied by many more, & all the petty ‘controversies’ stirred up by unimaginative clones such as yourself will be a mere footnote, if that.

You, on the other hand, will have a paupers funeral & nobody will even notice you’ve gone.

Them’s the facts, sonny, just you wait & see.

What a pathetic post, you have no idea who I am and make stupid comments because I have a different view than you. Grow up you silly bastard.

That’s your own illfound conclusion.
3 months prior to those dates at Castlefield he played in front of more than 50,000 UK fans in 10 very succesfull dates. If you call that a UK career that is ‘over’...

Luckily you don’t work in the music industry.

That’s your own illfound conclusion.
3 months prior to those dates at Castlefield he played for more than 50,000 UK fans in 10 very succesfull dates. If you call that a UK career that is ‘over’...

Luckily you don’t work in the music industry.

He cancelled all the UK and European dates.
The previous tour which I attended was before he spouted his shit, his UK career is over

Back
Top Bottom