Liverpool - Empire Theatre (July 18, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Wish You Lonely / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / Our Frank / Knockabout World / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Half A Person / My Hurling Days Are Done / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of whichway2 via setlist.fm

Last edited by a moderator:
Also shame on the creepy guy in the pub flaunting a piece of Moz shirt half jokingly asking the much younger girls for a blowjob for a piece of shirt. Only joking I'm sure you vile toad!

Was
Also shame on the creepy guy in the pub flaunting a piece of Moz shirt half jokingly asking the much younger girls for a blowjob for a piece of shirt. Only joking I'm sure you vile toad!
Was it Jesse?

I feel like that the Germaine Greer backdrop being brought back specifically for Speedway is due to the article she wrote a few years back about song lyrics and their relation to poetry. I remember Greer specifically referencing speedway and the way he repeats "I never said, I never said" and how this technique doesn't really translate well into poetry but that Morrissey uses it well in song lyrics knowing that the words are meant to be sung and thus given a different meaning when he repeats them with a different tone. If I also remember correctly, she said that it was her favourite Moz song.

This being said, a quick google search doesn't lead me to anywhere. I was able to find one article where she is writing about the over-rated snobbery of Dylan's lyrics and in there she references the same concept I mentioned earlier but in relation to "Everyday is like Sunday". Does anyone know the article where she refers to Speedway? Or is it all just in my head? Because I thoroughly remember reading it...

I have my ticket to see Moz in my city Buenos Aires but I want songs from VAI, Arsenal Quarry Ringleaders too eh!! Please, Moz in addition to the speed... that I love I want another VAI more. It could be my heart now... Oh, please, Hector no, there are thousands better... Jim Jim my days at Hurl.....

Morrissey didn't say Rishi Sunak..sure it had something that had egg or something about an egg but I can't recall what he said instead of Rishi??
Anyone remember??
And hey..if I am wrong I am just blaming my hearing. Easy done innit.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom