Morrissey Central "AND THEN THERE WERE NONE" (July 23, 2024)

AND THEN THERE WERE NONE

unnamed.jpg

Abdul Fakir (white coat, above) RIP - the last surviving member of The Four Tops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black music went south after Public Enemy.
You’re dismissing the entire wave of absolutely fantastic rap music in the 90’s. There’s a treasure trove of great albums from 1992-1997.

Not sure if folks have heard the podcast
"A History Of Rock Music In 500 Songs",
but here's The Four Tops episode of I Can't
Help Myself.

https://500songs.com/podcast/episode-132-i-cant-help-myself-by-the-four-tops/

It's a good podcast to learn about music.
Kinda got a feelin' that he might do a Smiths
one in the future, but it might be awhile 'cause
he's still in the late 60's.

I love that podcast - such great research! The host Andrew Hickey is from Manchester so I'm sure the Smiths will be in a future episode, but way in the future like several years times.

Can you show a few examples?
Nas and Kendrick Lamar are two excellent examples of socially conscious and poetically gifted rappers active today. Nas has been around since the 90’s and is still releasing solid albums. Kendrick broke through in the early 2010’s and has nearly drowned in critical praise since.

Nas and Kendrick Lamar are two excellent examples of socially conscious and poetically gifted rappers active today. Nas has been around since the 90’s and is still releasing solid albums. Kendrick broke through in the early 2010’s and has nearly drowned in critical praise since.
I’ll check them out when I’m in a better mood.

Frustrated For Real GIF by Tyler, the Creator

My question about "hip hop" is, why do people who listen to it while driving feel the need to share it with everyone in a five mile radius? And isn't the bass a tad high?

I love that podcast - such great research! The host Andrew Hickey is from Manchester so I'm sure the Smiths will be in a future episode, but way in the future like several years times.

He'll probably know their story well, bein'
from Manchester.
I think he already mentioned that Johnny's
janglin' guitar sound descends from the guy
in The Searchers (could be a different band).

My question about "hip hop" is, why do people who listen to it while driving feel the need to share it with everyone in a five mile radius? And isn't the bass a tad high?
My biggest pet peeve ever. No one can find all that noise, rattling the car with nothing but bass enjoyable! Why assholes do that is one of life's big mysteries. It is usually some white kid with a wispy mustache and backwards hat. The bass is so high, the genre is not discernible.

Back
Top Bottom