Morrissey Central "GILLESPIE MANIA" and "DANA GILLESPIE" (May 17, 2024)

full

Also:

Spent The Day In Bed by Dana Gillespie has entered the official UK vinyl chart at number 3.

You are certainly fervent in your opinions! Kudos to you for sticking with it; your perseverance is admirable. Personally, if I actively despised the man and the last thing I admired done by him was decades ago, I wouldn't bother. But each to his own, I guess.
Oh no, a stranger on the internet has an issue with what I posted, whatever will I do?
Why do you think what you would do would matter to me? This is not the first time either, get a clue.
Morrissey fans seem to get proportionally obnoxious to the amount of failure he experiences. If you have a problem with it, deal with it, sit with your feelings and figure out why you cannot tolerate a different opinion than yours. This is ridiculous. If you can look at the info graphic that started this thread and think it doesn't reek of desperation and make him look foolish, great.

You are certainly fervent in your opinions! Kudos to you for sticking with it; your perseverance is admirable. Personally, if I actively despised the man and the last thing I admired done by him was decades ago, I wouldn't bother. But each to his own, I guess.
Some of us have a very complicated relationship with M. Just the way he'd want it.

Deep down we love the guy but you are allowed to get annoyed at the state of things ATM. In fact, it's natural to be annoyed by some of the self sabotage that's been going for some time.

Some of us have a very complicated relationship with M. Just the way he'd want it.

Deep down we love the guy but you are allowed to get annoyed at the state of things ATM. In fact, it's natural to be annoyed by some of the self sabotage that's been going for some time.
Yes, of course. I completely get that. And I do agree with you, it's just the vitriol and ugly name-calling by some is a bit over the top.

Oh no, a stranger on the internet has an issue with what I posted, whatever will I do?
Why do you think what you would do would matter to me? This is not the first time either, get a clue.
Morrissey fans seem to get proportionally obnoxious to the amount of failure he experiences. If you have a problem with it, deal with it, sit with your feelings and figure out why you cannot tolerate a different opinion than yours. This is ridiculous. If you can look at the info graphic that started this thread and think it doesn't reek of desperation and make him look foolish, great.

Dorothy posts a perfectly nice, understanding message, albeit with a difference in opinion = Dorothy has anger issues and is obnoxious, supposedly, from someone who writes far too much and is terminally online. The irony.

Anyway, that Dana post is just god awful, and I agree with Redacted that other bands, who I don't necessarily like, put on a much better show than Morrissey. In terms of Dodwell, I'm convinced that she "writes" her "articles" using the worst AI on the market.

I'm very much the same. I dislike a lot of what Morrissey has said and done in recent years, and I'm Not A Dog On A Chain is easily the worst album he's released, in my opinion. Just an absolute dirge.

On the other hand, his music and his words mean the world to me, and he's done a lot for me, as daft as that may sound to others. As a lad born into a working class, relatively poor family in Rochdale, The Smiths and Morrissey were a revelation when I was 15 years old (now 34, 35 in August), just like punk was when I was 12/13. His music led me to rockabilly, which I'll always be grateful for. I now just see him like a family member you love, but has views and does things that you disagree with.

I've got his face and name and lyrics tattooed on my arm anyway, so I'm stuck with him whether I like it or not (I do like it).

I'm very much the same. I dislike a lot of what Morrissey has said and done in recent years, and I'm Not A Dog On A Chain is easily the worst album he's released, in my opinion. Just an absolute dirge.

On the other hand, his music and his words mean the world to me, and he's done a lot for me, as daft as that may sound to others. As a lad born into a working class, relatively poor family in Rochdale, The Smiths and Morrissey were a revelation when I was 15 years old (now 34, 35 in August), just like punk was when I was 12/13. His music led me to rockabilly, which I'll always be grateful for. I now just see him like a family member you love, but has views and does things that you disagree with.

I've got his face and name and lyrics tattooed on my arm anyway, so I'm stuck with him whether I like it or not (I do like it).
Even though I don’t agree with Dog being his worst ever album (that Razzie goes to LIHS), I agree with and relate to a lot in this post.

Just because you swear in a sentence it doesn't mean you are angry. Sharp as a wooden spoon, ain't ya!

A multimillionaire stranger certainly hasn't the ability to make me angry, lol. I adore him but his behaviour can still be critiqued. Love and criticism are not mutually exclusive.

Oh cmon, every time someone is trying to insult someone on here they bring in some bullshit artist like Taylor Swift. Not very original.
Yep, you got me...I am both thick and unoriginal. That's my headstone sorted.

It's frightening to think that there's two versions of this awful song out there

better hide away then, because there’s 3 if you count the live version. :p

But Dana’s version is the best!

better hide away then, because there’s 3 if you count the live version. :p

Not to mention the amateur covers on YouTube. At least this fellow dispenses with that horrid jaunty electric piano line, but even his plodding morosity can't save the thing.

Not to mention the amateur covers on YouTube. At least this fellow dispenses with that horrid jaunty electric piano line, but even his plodding morosity can't save the thing.

Edit: oh you shouldn’t. Lol.

Anyway, no need to save what’s already perfect. Dana puts a slight, but lovely spin on it.

btw, what’s up with that chair in the background having such a high back support? It’s a little much, don’t you think?

Last edited:
I love the song (Morrissey's version), seems I'm in the minority. I'll be listening to it in the morning after the first night of my honeymoon in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom