Morrissey Central "GILLESPIE MANIA" and "DANA GILLESPIE" (May 17, 2024)

full

Also:

Spent The Day In Bed by Dana Gillespie has entered the official UK vinyl chart at number 3.

It charted by selling ~500 copies at its maximum.
Probably a lot less than that.
This assumes the press release of 250 black / 250 orange vinyl is accurate.
FWD.

I can't shake off the feeling, that it's actually a "Congratulations to me" - thing. To speak of "Mania" - I don't know ^^ The colour choice makes my eyes hurt...

Wouldn't 'Dana Mania' sound better? 'Gillespie Mania' doesn't quite roll off the tongue.
I think SER and I both have the same Paint app on our Chromebooks. Also, I count SIX times that he used the word 'Official'.

Woo!! Idk about you, but I like seeing Morrissey excited of happy about something.. anything!

He knows.. or.. I think he does..?
He knows I'd love to see him happy or as close as is allowed!

Woo!! Idk about you, but I like seeing Morrissey excited of happy about something.. anything!

He knows.. or.. I think he does..?
He knows I'd love to see him happy or as close as is allowed!

yeah, this chart seems a bit pointless. But if M is happy in any way and for any reason. Then it’s all worth it. Some on here won’t get this, but that’s fine.

Anyhoo! …

🥰

He's put more effort into promoting this single than any of his own recent ones... I don't remember much fuss for 'Rebels Without Applause.'

hopefully some of this enthusiasm & effort will carry over to his own releases, whenever that will be.

I suppose he can live vicariously through Dana Gillespie since he's never going to release any "new" material himself. If you can call an album recorded over four years ago new.

I suppose he can live vicariously through Dana Gillespie since he's never going to release any "new" material himself. If you can call an album recorded over four years ago new.

if we haven’t heard it, I’d call it new.

Beats me why 'fans' here are constantly attacking Moz and anything he says or does. If being #3 makes Moz and Dana happy then good for them. As Moz song covers go it's one of the best.

yeah, maybe a bit hyperbolic(?) That they sold at all, may be some kind of victory. But if these charts are useless, because they don’t mean the same thing they once use to, then I don’t understand why they are used at all.

But I agree, I guess it would be good to know how many need to be sold to make the 3rd, 2nd, and #1 chart placement.
It's just 'silly slang' i.e. lovely almost perfect rhyme, Dana/mania. Beautiful 😋

Beats me why 'fans' here are constantly attacking Moz and anything he says or does. If being #3 makes Moz and Dana happy then good for them. As Moz song covers go it's one of the best.
I'm certainly not attacking him.

Before the release of this cover song, I'd never heard of Fretsore records. If these chart positions excite him, then maybe he needs to lower his sights when it comes to a future record deal, particularly when he seems to have completely fizzed off every major label he has worked with.

Back
Top Bottom