Morrissey Central "News!" - 2024 US tour dates announced today (August 5, 2024)

454297041_8853529647997143_5224514055247659504_n.jpg

“There is currently something happening, a finesse and ferocity coming from Morrissey and the band that is unparalleled to anything I’ve seen in my tenure as Morrissey’s guitarist for over 21 years. It’s an infectious excitement coming from him directly manifesting through the band and into the audience leaving everyone in a euphoric state,” says Jesse Tobias. “As much as he and the band have historically been put against the ropes, doubted, disregarded and judged harshly while others are given a free pass, Morrissey and the band will liberate and astound everyone with our forthcoming releases and shows … that's if you are open to music as a method for change and genuine excitement.”

Artwork by Fernando Eiras.

PRESALE: Tuesday 6th August
CODE: BONFIRE
GENERAL SALE: Friday 9th August

Last edited by a moderator:
The Music Hall at Fairpark, Dallas. Is the pit seated or GA? I ask because the tickets themselves have “A; B; and C” printed on them. I am asking if that means anything at this venue for a rock/pop concert? Or is the GA a free for all (not seated) for those who have Pit tickets? Thanks!

I don't wish to pee on anyone's chips as they say, but the bit doing the rounds re: WMTWD:

"As a soloist he has consolidated a sound that still reverberates today with his forthcoming album Without Music The World Dies."

Was part of the 2023 tour press release.
See:
(Point being: it's not new album information, but never say never...).
FWD.

At the end of the day, here is what pre-sale day 1 sold, and what's left for Thurs, Fri. ......Show #1 713 Music Hall, Houston Texas

Snip-it_1722976084464.jpg

Most good seats gone. Still aways to go to sell out...... Stage on bottom , and there are 2 balcony in center and standing on sides

Isn't it an indication in itself when we're all left guessing if/when there'll be a new album(s) and which ones they'll be. Between Moz hinting obliquely at possibles and Robert Smith telling us years ago there would definitely be a new Cure album soon it's easy to feel like a mangled cat in a warehouse full of rocking chairs. Luckily we have other bands who say something definitive and just do it.

morrissey.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't it an indication in itself when we're all left guessing if/when there'll be a new album(s) and which ones they'll be. Between Moz hinting obliquely at possibles and Robert Smith telling us years ago there would definitely be a new album soon it's easy to feel like a mangled cat in a warehouse full of rocking chairs.

Luckily we have other bands who say something definitive and just do it.
Yes. But who cares about them. :p

The Music Hall at Fairpark, Dallas. Is the pit seated or GA? I ask because the tickets themselves have “A; B; and C” printed on them. I am asking if that means anything at this venue for a rock/pop concert? Or is the GA a free for all (not seated) for those who have Pit tickets? Thanks!

I called the venue who called someone else at the venue who emailed someone else at the venue and here is what I got: Venue said the pit is SEATED. Dumb.

All not the big cities, not even Chicago,NY or LA area, but than again a fantastic chance to see Him do these cities, Baltimore & Atlanta plus the first 2 gigs will sell fast. An album release , as Jesse somehow says, would be ice on the cake

Last edited:
Morrissey still has that hack guitar player Tobias around? Morrissey you need to charge more for your shows that way you can hire a decent guitarist and songwriter . I’ve heard cats f***ing that have more melody then Tobias has. Sad Morrissey is waisting his twilight years with an inferior guitar player.

I like watching her play with Morrissey. She is clearly ecstatic.
When my children were much younger, I enjoyed thoroughly watching them try to put together puzzles together as siblings...my point being, it was enjoyable to watch them, but I knew they didn't have the capability to conquer the required task.

When my children were much younger, I enjoyed thoroughly watching them try to put together puzzles together as siblings...my point being, it was enjoyable to watch them, but I knew they didn't have the capability to conquer the required task.
Carmen rocks.

This is a good analogy.
I honestly find it preposterous that people think as long as Carmen looks like she is having a good time, she doesn't have to play the songs correctly. She just can't do it. I have had friends who play guitar comment on it too, she is awful.

No, she doesn't, she is terrible.
I’ve never seen Morrissey happier. Jesse’s statement confirms that perception. "Finesse and ferocity" in a young Morrissey were good, but in a 65 year old Morrissey, they are stunning. I have never been able to stomach reading the bible much, but one quote from it comes to mind, …”You shall know them by their fruits."

You have no idea if Morrissey is happy or not and Jesse's statement is a standard publicity statement. To suggest he is happy because of Carmen is just crazy.
I don’t say he’s happy only because of Carmen, but she is part of the reason he’s happy.

I know you made up a whole romance about them but it's not real, many people think Morrissey is with Damon, and Carmen is a lesbian. You have no idea what is going on in his head. This is a publicity blitz, he has a new manager who is trying to rehabilitate his image, that's it.
He’s more playful now that he has two women playing for him. I’m being a little sexist right now, but I think Morrissey feels especially protective of women, and it brings out his “finesse and ferocity”.

Back
Top Bottom