Morrissey Central: "New Morrissey Album" - 'I Am Not A Dog On A Chain' (November 28, 2019)

unnamed-1_kyednx.jpg

Morrissey's new studio album, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain, is scheduled for March 2020 release by BMG. The album was recorded in St-remy, France, with producer Joe Chiccarelli. The eleven tracks are:

Jim Jim Falls
Love Is On Its Way Out
Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
What Kind Of People Live In These Houses?
Knockabout World
Darling, I Hug A Pillow
Once I Saw The River Clean
The Truth About Ruth
The Secret Of Music
My Hurling Days Are Done

Morrissey has described I Am Not A Dog On A Chain as:

" … the very best of me … too good to be true … too true to be considered good … ", and concludes Morrissey's contract with BMG Records.

The first single is "Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?", which features vocals by Thelma Houston. The B-side is "Rainbow Valley", a cover of the UK hit by The Love Affair.

BMG will re-issue and re-master several Morrissey albums in 2020, with updated artwork and sleeve notes. These albums are: Southpaw Grammar, Maladjusted, You Are The Quarry, Ringleader Of The Tormentors, Years Of Refusal, Live At The Hollwood Bowl.

Morrissey has so far achieved 24 Top Ten albums in the UK - 14 solo, 10 with The Smiths. His highest U.S. chart position was this year with "California Son" at number 7.

This information provided by Rod Taylor.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/new-morrissey-album

The Secret Of Music mystery solved.
Rainbow Valley appears again.
Reissues could be promising.
Is that a Loyd Grossman reference in the tracklist!?
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Let’s go, UK top 10 album number 25!
Lovely album title, interesting song titles.
The single should drop early next year.
World tour starting in March?

And I’ll predict: you won’t go to one single gig but tell us all on here how great they were.

I will Moz on but sadly it's the same tired ritual for us all:

Act 1 - announce new album with interesting song titles

Act 2 - deliver average sounding album to mediocre reviews, yet claim it is a new direction forward

Act 3 - Tour unusual venues (not UK natch!) announce the press is against you and rarely play any of these tracks again in public

I will go along for the ride but I have lived this film before...

Haven't we all?

- come on, we're working in a factory here and Moz is the foreman docking our wages but telling us it's for the best!
if its the same tired ritual from M then what does this say about you,same tired ritual over and over.

This news is a bit embarrassing. Horrible album title. Horrible song titles. Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted potentially being remastered a second time?

On the bright side, there may be some unreleased material on these remasters.

Also, I highly doubt he’d be releasing the Hollywood Bowl had I not leaked it. You’re welcome.
don't fancy sitting across the table from you on xmas day,negative, negative, negative.

I will never listen to anything from this racist klansman again. Any of you who listen to or buy his awful music are actively aiding and abetting white supremacy. Shame on all of you.
then I must be abetting white supremacy then,now where did I leave my hood,fool.
finally get to hear rainbow valley.

The album was written & recorded while he was in the middle of this meltdown - so I expect it to be a continuation. Hopefully it doesn't have some lyric that gets him into trouble... I would never count him out forever until he's dead, but he does need to get out of this rut he's in.

The album was written & recorded while he was in the middle of this meltdown - so I expect it to be a continuation. Hopefully it doesn't have some lyric that gets him into trouble... I would never count him out forever until he's dead, but he does need to get out of this rut he's in.

What meltdown are you on about? You don't know anything really, apart from what's in your head.
You seem to continuously over-analyse, & over-dramatise to the point of extreme annoyance; seems like it's your nature. Maybe you're in a rut of your own, & need to get out of it yourself.
Just wait until it comes out, then make a judgement, if you still feel the need.

Great news about the new album, looking forward to it. Not sure I like the title though...some cryptic message therein no doubt.
Remastered versions of Maladjusted & Southpaw will be interesting; I hope they'll include some previously unreleased stuff. That said, I have 2 versions of both which differ from the originals.
I prefer Maladjusted legacy version to the original, & same goes for the Southpaw legacy version.

why would he reissue and remaster Southpaw and Maladjusted? . They have already had that treatment not so long ago with bonus tracks etc . I guess a lot of this is probably a case of watch it not happen . The new album will probably limp out but I can't see BMG reissuing all of those other records . After all the bad press and ridiculous statements I am sure they will be happy to distance themselves from him as fast as they can

Bring back "Papa Jack".

I actually love that track.
If you read the lyrics, it's quite a sad story which actually reminds me of the meaning behind Harry Chapin's brilliant 'Cats in the Cradle'...one of those songs which makes the hairs on your arms stand up.

This could have been significant if he had kept his Brietbart loving mouth shut. As it is the announcement of a new album is lost in the noise of his politics.

I do like some of the titles but will never lower myself to listen to any of them.

Someone mentioned a possible tour to support the album? If he decides to play the UK expect 'intimate' venues and, of course, cancellations

Recorded away from Britain a place he goes to occasionally to buy upmarket cakes and flowers. Hypocrite.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom