"Morrissey y los Smiths. Tanto por lo que responder" by Carlos Pérez de Ziriza (Spanish) - new book includes exclusive Morrissey interview (Apr. 2024)

Carlos writes:

Hi, my name is Carlos Pérez de Ziriza, and I'm a Spanish journalist, contributor to some of the main papers in Spain (El País, Efe Eme, Rockdelux, Mondosonoro). I've recently published a book about Morrissey and The Smiths, which includes an exclusive interview with Morrissey (from April 2024). I think it could be interesting for Spanish spoken readers (Spain and Latin America). Thanks and regards.

...The book includes an essay on different aspects of their and his music, a full glossary of cultural references attached to them, the Morrissey interview and a full in depth discography review, from The Smiths (1984) until I Am Not A Dog On A Chain (2020). Attached are some pics from the cover and from the author;)

full

full

Last edited:
I like how the highlight swerves Mike Joyce entirely and falls on 1/3 of Johnny. I wonder if this is reflected in the content?

Mike should have at least gotten 10% of the highlight, since that’s what he originally agreed to.

after a bit of detective work it was may 1st 2015 at festival sos in murcia spain.
he seemed to play all over europe but always seemed to swerve spain for some reason.

No mercy in Murcia

Mad in Madrid
Ill in Seville
Lonely in Barcelona
Gaga in Málaga
Mental in Valencia

From the sales portal:

"Morrissey and the Smiths. So much to answer for"

The history and work of the legendary Morrissey and the influential The Smiths told by Carlos Pérez de Ziriza in the definitive book, different from all previous ones. An exciting volume that he has counted on with the complicity of Morrissey himself giving an extensive and exclusive interview.

Forty years after the publication of The Smiths' debut album, the first fruit of the unrepeatable alliance between Morrissey and Johnny Marr, its echo does not fade, on the contrary: it has transcended generations.

That was the initial step that combined the talent of the most unique lyricist and vocalist of his generation and the most imaginative of his guitarists. An alliance that was brief in time but fruitful in work and influence, which was prolonged, mainly, by Morrissey's inimitable solo career, covering from the late 1980s to the present.

A story, masterfully told by Carlos Pérez de Ziriza in this Morrissey and the Smiths. So much to answer for , full of romance, humor, sarcasm, misery, affliction, tragedy, comedy and drama. Not exempt either, of course, from the lights and shadows that surround a creator as controversial—even more so because of his disconcerting statements in recent years—as Morrissey. An enormous legend whose figure is addressed in a volume that is unlike any other previously published, since it is debated between the essay, the sentimental chronicle, the glossary of references and the exhaustive record review. And that includes, as if that were not enough, an extensive exclusive interview for this book with Morrissey himself.

Rustic with flaps. 232 pages. Format: 17 x 24 cm. Black and white, with photos.

Edited by Efe Eme.

THE AUTHOR:

Carlos Pérez de Ziriza (Madrid, 1973) is a journalist and currently writes for media such as El País , Efe Eme (and Cuadernos Efe Eme ), Mondosonoro , Rockdelux , El Periódico de España , Cartelera Turia or El Hype . He also regularly collaborates on À Punt, the Valencian public radio and television station.
He has published nine books before this one: The Morrissey Guides and The Smiths.
Immortal Northern Light (Midons, 2005) and REM The Reverse of the American Dream (Midons, 2006), the essay Fragments of a Decade. Trends, transformations and keys to rock of the new millennium (Milenio, 2011), the historical volumes Indie and alternative rock. History, culture and fundamental albums (Ma Non Troppo, 2017), Three minutes of magic. A history of power pop and new wave (Efe Eme, 2018), Disco music. History, culture and fundamental albums (Ma Non Troppo, 2019) and History of Valencian pop rock in 75 essential names (Sargantana, 2020), the biographical essay Don't forget the songs that saved your life. A generational chronicle (Efe Eme, 2019) and the creative biography Prefab Sprout. Life is a miracle (Efe Eme, 2021).
‘Rustic with flaps’ 😂

Back
Top Bottom