Morrissey Central: "New Morrissey Album" - 'I Am Not A Dog On A Chain' (November 28, 2019)

unnamed-1_kyednx.jpg

Morrissey's new studio album, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain, is scheduled for March 2020 release by BMG. The album was recorded in St-remy, France, with producer Joe Chiccarelli. The eleven tracks are:

Jim Jim Falls
Love Is On Its Way Out
Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
What Kind Of People Live In These Houses?
Knockabout World
Darling, I Hug A Pillow
Once I Saw The River Clean
The Truth About Ruth
The Secret Of Music
My Hurling Days Are Done

Morrissey has described I Am Not A Dog On A Chain as:

" … the very best of me … too good to be true … too true to be considered good … ", and concludes Morrissey's contract with BMG Records.

The first single is "Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?", which features vocals by Thelma Houston. The B-side is "Rainbow Valley", a cover of the UK hit by The Love Affair.

BMG will re-issue and re-master several Morrissey albums in 2020, with updated artwork and sleeve notes. These albums are: Southpaw Grammar, Maladjusted, You Are The Quarry, Ringleader Of The Tormentors, Years Of Refusal, Live At The Hollwood Bowl.

Morrissey has so far achieved 24 Top Ten albums in the UK - 14 solo, 10 with The Smiths. His highest U.S. chart position was this year with "California Son" at number 7.

This information provided by Rod Taylor.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/new-morrissey-album

The Secret Of Music mystery solved.
Rainbow Valley appears again.
Reissues could be promising.
Is that a Loyd Grossman reference in the tracklist!?
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

We see the return of the duplicitous claim that California Son charted at number 7 in the USA when in fact it debuted at number 95, which was also its highest Billboard 200 chart position. Week two of its release saw it drop out of the Billboard 200 all together.

This part "Morrissey has so far achieved 24 Top Ten albums in the UK - 14 solo, 10 with The Smiths. His highest U.S. chart position was this year with "California Son" at number 7." translates as: Please, sign me! Anyone!?

ESAAAA MOZ VIVA TU NUEVO DISCO MOSUCHISS!!!!! Y AHORA SKINNY Y TROLLS QUE ONDA ????? EL SKINNY VA A NECESITAR UN CHALECO QUIMICO PODEROSO PARA PODER CONTENER TODA SU EXCITACION PSICOMOTRIZ,ANTE LA NUEVA SUPER Y EMOCIONANTE NOTICIAA!!!! QUE PORQUERIAS VAN A PUBLICAR TODOS LOS ENVIDIOSOS ??? SEGURO VAN A SEGUIR TROLEANDO CON FALSAS INFORMACIONES COMO METERSE CON LA SALUD DE MOZ CON SU SEXUALIDAD ,CON LO DE RACISMO ,TODAS PELOTUDECES PARA HACER CONFUNDIR ALOS ADMIRADORES ,ESPECIALMENTE A LOS MAS NUEVOS COMO YO!!!! MOZ NO ES NI DEDERECHA NI DE IZQUIERDA TIENE SUS PROPIAS IDEAS Y LAS DICE PORQUE ES FRONTAL Y SON COSAS QUE MUCHOS PIENSAN PERO QUE NO SE ATREVEN A DECIR PORQUE SON HIPOCRITASSS!!!! YLOS QUE SE ATREVEN A DESCALIFICARLO CON IDIOTECES COMO QUE MORRISSEY INVENTO SU ENFERMEDAD Y SU SINDROME DEPRESIVO PARA AUTOPROMOCIONARSE ESTAN MUY AFECTADOS DE ODIO ,MOZ SI ESTUVO ENFERMO PERO HOY ESTA MAS VIVO QUE NUNCA Y LLENO DE ENERGIA SACA UN NUEVO DISCO Y SACARA MAS,Y LES TAPA TODOS LOS ORIFICIOS A LOS RESENTIDOS DEL HORTOOOO, JAA JAA MOZ SE LAS PUSO ,LA TIENEN BIEN ADENTROOO Y NO SE LAS VA A SACAR POR LARGO RATOOO FELICITACIONES MOZ DE NUEVO!!!!!! VIVA MORRISSEY TAL COMO ES!!!!!! MOZ ATACA DE NUEVO JA JAA!!!!!!!

Y moderador publiquen mis escritos tengo derecho porque admiro mal a Moz!!!!

This is the end, my friends. Worst album title ever and the whole affair seems more like "Lets get outta here as fast as we can.... but let's make some money with vinyl reissues from better days while we go".

:lbf:

Le Pew, hes having many remasters put out by BMG :lbf:

when he gets ready to make a new album then he will make the new contract.:rock::rock:

after this new album he will take a break and relax and kick back and laugh at the
newer :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: album which nobody will care about. AGAIN. :laughing:
(probably recorded by Jr Le Pew as Sr Le Pew is bed ridden:pray: he ll make Jr hurry up
and make a sucko album so as to use some of the Moz publicity as he always does, the cuck)

Hey if Moz plays his cards right, maybe Johnny will deign to sign him to his private label.

List of Morrissey albums where the album title is a song.
- Maladjusted
- I have forgiven Jesus Ep
- Earl's court (live)
- Pregnant for the last time Ep
- World peace is none of your buisness
- I am not a dog on a chain

The news about new Southpaw and Maladjusted remasters is odd, but if he reverses the decision to re-order and delete tracks, and brings them to vinyl, this would be most welcome news indeed.

That said, I hope Morrissey doesn't go "Edward Scissorhands" over Ringleader and Refusal. And I hope the Ringleader remaster contains the beautiful Ennio Morricone version of Dear God Please Help Me that Morrissey weirdly left out of the original...

But, this is Morrissey. He will probably take out Dear God entirely and replace it with a live version of a B-side from a completely unrelated album session.

Let’s go, UK top 10 album number 25!
Lovely album title, interesting song titles.
The single should drop early next year.
World tour starting in March?

Oh look, Thewlis marking my post as troll, when it’s a fact. Thewlis - devious, translucent and unrealisable.

Prove my post is incorrect Thewlis

There will be no completely new tracks on the remasters, I guess. Nevertheless, if he unleashes "I know who I love" on the Maladjusted reissue, I will melt away just like in the old days.

Very excited as always for a new Moz album, but even the title sounds like he’s moaning already. I reckon it’s gonna be a tedious listen of finger pointing and blame gaming for everything he’s been called out on over the last year.
It will be a childish, artless shambles. Cover and statement say it all.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom