Mojo (November 2024): Rhoda Dakar on her "Everyday Is Like Sunday" cover

• Thread starter Thread starter Iamhatedforloving
  • Start date Start date
Mojo November '24 - Rhoda Dakar Interview snippet with Moz ref:
Another cover was Morrissey's Everyday Is Like Sunday. " I'm not an apologists for him or his ideas, obviously" noting that she liked the Pretenders version, the music was written by 1980 tourmate Stephen Street, and that the words suited the apocalyptic tenor of lockdown. "But sometimes the art speaks for itself. I really like that song and so I'm gonna sing it"

Or maybe she *honestly* doesn't like a lot of Moz's statements about immigration or For Britan or [insert topic here.] How do you know it's because of "cancel culture?" or selling her soul? What level of specificity is enough for you to grant it's a matter of genuine, well founded, disagreement? She liked the song, and seemed united with Moz about sentiments frustrations about lockdown? Isn't that enough? By implying that folks ought to you know zip it, or avoid dinking him this way your are creating your own own kind of cancel culture
because theres a pattern which has been going on for years,if it was her own individual view then fine but there seems to be a herd mentality,who will be the first to say M is a bit of a dick but his music means more to me than it ever did.

Mojo November '24 - Rhoda Dakar Interview snippet with Moz ref:
Another cover was Morrissey's Everyday Is Like Sunday. " I'm not an apologists for him or his ideas, obviously" noting that she liked the Pretenders version, the music was written by 1980 tourmate Stephen Street, and that the words suited the apocalyptic tenor of lockdown. "But sometimes the art speaks for itself. I really like that song and so I'm gonna sing it"
Feck me, not happy with trying to write M out of The Smiths they are now writing him out of his own solo career . LOL

At least these cover artists aren't going so far as to 'improve' upon Black Sheep Morrissey's Smiths lyrics...yet. Imagine how crap those would be:

Out on the moors
The great outdoors,
She tried to make a man out of me
While I made a dog out of balloons
And now I shall play the spoons
*plinky plonk etc etc*

The utter hypocrisy of this woman. First of all her version was released in April 2021 and she never once mentioned how opposed she was to Morrissey then.
Secondly, she says it's The Pretenders version she likes yet her own label, Sunday Best, describes it as a reggae infused cover of the MORRISSEY classic.
Nowhere does it say, 'as covered by The Pretenders'
This stuff is beyond tedious now.

Maybe if Morrissey would stop giving himself such negative press people would not feel the need to distance themselves from him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom