Maladjusted favourite lyrics

All the things you love

Still running round
Including bonus tracks, which lines from Maladjusted do you enjoy hearing the most? My anxiety is bad today so it's all negative stuff for me.

For me:
Maladjusted - With my hands on my head, I flop on your bed, with a head full of dread, for all I've ever said

Wide to Receive: I don't get along with myself, and I'm not too keen on anyone else

The Edges Are No Longer Parallel - And the looks you gave, so meaningful, they are all so suddenly meaningless

It's quite a gentle album, which is nice. Instrumentally it actually reminds me a bit of The Pretenders in places. I like it here in this forum. Everyone's funny and mainly kind.

it’s been downhill ever since he cut his mullet.

Haven't we all?
Life can be stifling at times. And isn't it great that we have invented social media to make it even more so?
Oh agreed, Zuckerberg never lets me get my willy out on his website. No, but seriously. I hear folks regale tales of one night stands and dozens of relationships and I'm just like, how? Not that I'd even want that tbh, I'm a hopeless romantic. Probably helps your confidence though.

Every line from ‘The edges are no longer parallel’.
The song is not particularly wordy, but every word hits deep. A song about loss and the batlle with depression.

From Amunition:
I don’t dwell on things I am missing
Iam just pleased with things I’ve found.

Balls, I pressed post before I was finished. I'm sad that I will be missing two tracks from the original, but I can do without Roy's Keen. I'd still like it for the sake of completion, and it might grow on me. I think he was really dejected in this period. You can hear it. I think it's best summed up on Do Your Best And Don't Worry. And yes, the gentleness of tracks like Wide To Receive are just bliss. Wide, wiiide wiiide
I used to dislike the song in the old days, but I can appreciate the song now. The lyrics are just so funny. And he else than Morrissey would actually write a song about a window cleaner? I agree that the subject matter is very light in comparison to the other songs on the album. It brings some light to an otherwise (lyrically) dark album.

I used to dislike the song in the old days, but I can appreciate the song now. The lyrics are just so funny. And he else than Morrissey would actually write a song about a window cleaner? I agree that the subject matter is very light in comparison to the other songs on the album. It brings some light to an otherwise (lyrically) dark album.
The answer to "Who else would write a song about a window cleaner?" is George Formby haha, but the point stands. He does have songs about very unique topics. I can see how it provides relief from the dour tone of the album too. I'll try and see it in that light, but if I do end up liking it, it won't be on my yet to be dispatched CD! Very frustrating.

The answer to "Who else would write a song about a window cleaner?" is George Formby haha, but the point stands. He does have songs about very unique topics. I can see how it provides relief from the dour tone of the album too. I'll try and see it in that light, but if I do end up liking it, it won't be on my yet to be dispatched CD! Very frustrating.
I wasn’t very familiar with George Formby, but that’s a good one.
I read on Wiki that Formby was a comedian / actor / singer born in Lancashire.
Has Morrissey ever referenced him?

I wasn’t very familiar with George Formby, but that’s a good one.
I read on Wiki that Formby was a comedian / actor / singer born in Lancashire.
Has Morrissey ever referenced him?

Wow!! So cool. That's their question well and truly answered. I also found this.

The answer to "Who else would write a song about a window cleaner?" is George Formby...
Hence the similar line in smutty innuendo and double entendres, which is typical of Formby's songs. Anyone who thinks the lines 'Foot in a bucket/we trust you to wreck it' is actually about window cleaning is FAR too innocent.

Well, I was fifteen
Where could I go?
With a soul full of loathing
For stinging bureaucracy
Making it anything
Other than easy
For working girls like me

Including bonus tracks, which lines from Maladjusted do you enjoy hearing the most? My anxiety is bad today so it's all negative stuff for me.

For me:
Maladjusted - With my hands on my head, I flop on your bed, with a head full of dread, for all I've ever said

Wide to Receive: I don't get along with myself, and I'm not too keen on anyone else

The Edges Are No Longer Parallel - And the looks you gave, so meaningful, they are all so suddenly meaningless

It's quite a gentle album, which is nice. Instrumentally it actually reminds me a bit of The Pretenders in places. I like it here in this forum. Everyone's funny and mainly kind.
I was listening to an old radio interview last night on YouTube where Morrissey said that album was inferior. As I've been introduced to the music through bits and pieces and concert footage I have little sense of albums. Next step, I think.

I have a soft spot for Roy’s Keen. I recognise its shortcomings but I love the part where he sings “don’t say you’ll hold it steady - then you let it go.”
I've changed my mind about it already myself to be honest. There are a few lines early in the song where it sounds a bit "plodding", but the lyrics are genius and it gets catchier as the song progresses.

I was listening to an old radio interview last night on YouTube where Morrissey said that album was inferior. As I've been introduced to the music through bits and pieces and concert footage I have little sense of albums. Next step, I think.
He thought Maladjusted was inferior? I think that might be why he released a newer version, remastered and with a different tracklist. Maybe start with You Are The Quarry or Vauxhall and I. ☺️ Maladjusted is great but I didn't immediately get into it. Trouble Loves Me is a fab track.

That video ofMorrissey singing George Formby is really hilarious.
Thanks for the other i formation.

When the gulf between all the things I need
And the things I receive
Is an ancient ocean wide, wild, lost, uncrossed

But still I maintain there’s nothing wrong with you!

Back
Top Bottom