I Am Not a Dog on a Chain: 3

UPDATE 11:25 AM PT:

Added placings:
#1 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
#1 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
#2 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Last edited by a moderator:
What an earth is a hating ass loser, you really are 14 aren't you
I think what he/she means is that you're hateful and spiteful, and absurdly and excessively negative.

It doesn't bother me at all, it's just funny seeing all the apologists coming up with all sorts of shit. I've been on this site a long time and remember some of tonights posters taking the piss out of New Order when they released Music Complete, saying has beens, no where near Morrissey's stature etc etc. It then went on to sell 60K copies. So it makes me laugh when they try to defend Morrissey selling 6720 copies of his latest album.
I love New Order, but let's be honest, they haven't released a good album since Technique. You're really too invested in sales figures, while completely disregarding the material. You're clutching at straws.

Did they sell 60k in the first week?

No they didn't it was 40k but just recently they have sold out the O2 in London, they are playing a massive American tour in huge venues with Pet Shop boys where they sold out the Hollywood Bowl In under an hour and then added a 2nd night.

I love New Order, but let's be honest, they haven't released a good album since Technique. You're really too invested in sales figures, while completely disregarding the material. You're clutching at straws.

It's all about opinions though, I think Music Complete is a superb album and they are becoming more popular the ever. Their tour of the US with Pet Shop Boys is taking in some massive venues (one is 30K capacity) and they are selling them out.

Also it really can't be overstated how deeply he's been demonized, how completely he's withdrawn from public life & how little his album has been promoted.

There are major commercial artists, with good reputations, who hustle in the press regularly, who can't get in the Top 10, at 60, with new music.
How deeply he's been demonized? WHAT? He's announced to the world in an interview with his nephew that everyone prefers their own race. This is him effectively saying, 'I am racist'. And he's urged every person that visits his own website to support a nasty, cynical, climate-emergency denying, pro-military, protect-the-rich, far-right political party. Do you want to explain how this equates to him being demonized?

You
You know if Moz had sold 30,000 and got to No.1 these people would still be trying to find ways to criticise...welcome to this Knockabout World.

Knockabout world is my favourite track on the album and I think you're wrong. If Morrissey sold 30k albums I for one would be really pleased for him. Its this insistence on making stupid bizarre claims about charts that no one has heard of that pisses me off. If he hadn't been so loose and stupid with his mouth this latest release would have sold 30K plus

If you love New Order drop me a pm

The petty jealously being displayed on this thread is very sad. Let Morrissey enjoy the success of this album. He is certainly not a commercial act, trying to create music that will please the biggest audience. Number 3 is quite an achievement and many groups would surely welcome it.

Knockabout world is my favourite track on the album and I think you're wrong. If Morrissey sold 30k albums I for one would be really pleased for him. Its this insistence on making stupid bizarre claims about charts that no one has heard of that pisses me off. If he hadn't been so loose and stupid with his mouth this latest release would have sold 30K plus

I think this is quite well put. I’ve said before, I’ve seen Morrissey hundreds of times but, the nonsense on central is embarrassing. The pathetic claims by Thewlis, who doesn’t even go to gigs, is equally as embarrassing: but when all is said and done, sale numbers are irrelevant. What does it matter? if you want the album, buy it: if you don’t, don’t buy it. I bought 5 copies for what it’s worth, and couldn’t really care where it charts, but to claim it’s a fantastic achievement because a lot of shops are shut etc, it bollocks. Most folk buy it online by pre order. The sales numbers are quite shit, but it doesn’t affect me or any fan.

Come back when Paul "Gas Fitter" Heaton sells out the Hollywood Bowl in ten minutes.

Come back when Morrissey can sell out Leeds Arena in 10 mins and how long ago was it when Morrissey sold out Hollywood Bowl in 10 mins as last time around there were plenty of empty spaces.

No they didn't it was 40k but just recently they have sold out the O2 in London, they are playing a massive American tour in huge venues with Pet Shop boys where they sold out the Hollywood Bowl In under an hour and then added a 2nd night.
Not as good as Moz’ HB record, but still a fine feat.
But like I’ve said elsewhere, it’s all relative. New Order is a good band. I’m glad they managed such fine sales figures in 2015. Now, in 2020, however, 6700 was enough to get Moz to no 3. Why not let it be? It doesn’t take away anything from any of the bands you do like.

New Order in their entire career only had 3 or 4 Top-3-albums. Morrissey managed 7 as a solo artist alone. There is really no comparison. I like New Order though, but Smiths/Morrissey a little more ;)

Not as good as Moz’ HB record, but still a fine feat.
But like I’ve said elsewhere, it’s all relative. New Order is a good band. I’m glad they managed such fine sales figures in 2015. Now, in 2020, however, 6700 was enough to get Moz to no 3. Why not let it be? It doesn’t take away anything from any of the bands you do like.

Gregor, you are a mild mannered Morrissey fan and I have no desire to wind you up, however there are a number of people on here who spit venom at the slightest criticism of Morrissey and slag off numerous other artists for no reason at all.They are the ones I like to wind up and take the piss out of. I like Morrissey's new album but in my opinion it could have sold an awful lot more if he hadn't been so stupid with his loose tongue.

New Order in their entire career only had 3 or 4 Top-3-albums. Morrissey managed 7 as a solo artist alone. There is really no comparison. I like New Order though, but Smiths/Morrissey a little more ;)
And, let’s remember, New Order released the lion’s share (or at least their most classic ones) of their albums back when people actually bought albums. And still just managed, let’s say, four top 3 albums.

Gregor, you are a mild mannered Morrissey fan and I have no desire to wind you up, however there are a number of people on here who spit venom at the slightest criticism of Morrissey and slag off numerous other artists for no reason at all.They are the ones I like to wind up and take the piss out of. I like Morrissey's new album but in my opinion it could have sold an awful lot more if he hadn't been so stupid with his loose tongue.

You're too much of a geek to take the piss outta anyone. All you do is try to put down Morrissey

Maybe you’re right. Hard to say. A lot of it also depends on who the competition is.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom