California Son: 4
I Am Not a Dog on a Chain: 3

UPDATE 11:25 AM PT:

Added placings:
#1 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
#1 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
#2 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Last edited by a moderator:
Great post! The 3rd best selling album in the country and people still bitch and moan.
Truth is, very few artist of his generation still make the UK Top 10, let alone the Top 3, in their 60s.
Moz's career thrives and will continue to do so, thankfully.

If thriving is selling 6720 albums, you have very low expectations in like, that equates to £67200.

If thriving is selling 6720 albums, you have very low expectations in like, that equates to £67200.
Right now, 6720 was what it took to get to no 3. Why does this bother you? What are you expecting from artists in 2020? This is what sales and charts look like in 2020. Relatively few people bother with buying albums. Gone are the days of Be Here Now etc...

You love status. So what is your achievements that you think you can judge Morrissey? You couldn't walk in his shoes and you have no talent. Go to a forum of someone you like and stop being a creep on here. It's pathetic

I don't have any talent musically, I told you that earlier. I have talent in other areas though like most people do, unless your a hillbilly like you. I visit lots of music forums as I mentioned earlier. Stop playing with your sisters nipples and follow the threads properly.

You
Of course chart positions are relative. If xyz had released albums at the same time as Moz, yeah, maybe he wouldn't have reached no 3. But that goes for every chart ever in the history of charts. Surface's mental gymnastics trying his damnedest to pick holes in Morrisseys success and his bizarre fixation with Paul Heaton is both hilarious and disturbing. I don't know what Morrissey has done to this poor man, but judging from his spitefulness and endless negativity, it must be something awful. Or...@surface is just crazy.

Yes, Moz is number three. Yes, other people have sold more albums. And yes, it's all relative. Michael Jackson's Thriller has sold close to 100 million worldwide - but other people can still be successful.
You know if Moz had sold 30,000 and got to No.1 these people would still be trying to find ways to criticise...welcome to this Knockabout World.

Also it really can't be overstated how deeply he's been demonized, how completely he's withdrawn from public life & how little his album has been promoted.

There are major commercial artists, with good reputations, who hustle in the press regularly, who can't get in the Top 10, at 60, with new music.

Right now, 6720 was what it took to get to no 3. Why does this bother you? What are you expecting from artists in 2020? This is what sales and charts look like in 2020. Relatively few people bother with buying albums. Gone are the days of Be Here Now etc...

It doesn't bother me at all, it's just funny seeing all the apologists coming up with all sorts of shit. I've been on this site a long time and remember some of tonights posters taking the piss out of New Order when they released Music Complete, saying has beens, no where near Morrissey's stature etc etc. It then went on to sell 60K copies. So it makes me laugh when they try to defend Morrissey selling 6720 copies of his latest album.

Also it really can't be overstated how deeply he's been demonized, how completely he's withdrawn from public life & how little his album has been promoted.

There are major commercial artists, with good reputations, who hustle in the press regularly, who can't get in the Top 10, at 60, with new music.
Extremely valid point.

The media have always had it in for Morrissey, from 1983 right through to the present day. Yet, here he is. Sixty years old and in at #3 on the UK album chart.

But, but, but he doesn’t sell as many records as he used to!

Doesn’t matter. No one does.

It doesn't bother me at all, it's just funny seeing all the apologists coming up with all sorts of shit. I've been on this site a long time and remember some of tonights posters taking the piss out of New Order when they released Music Complete, saying has beens, no where near Morrissey's stature etc etc. It then went on to sell 60K copies. So it makes me laugh when they try to defend Morrissey selling 6720 copies of his latest album.
Did they sell 60k in the first week?

That was in 2015 and you're relishing payback now? You're a hating ass loser

the album was 12 quid on amazon which gives a grand totalof £80640.might be down in price now but I cant be arsed checking.

You said you have a family yet spend all your time on a forum hating on a pop star, probably while your wife gets banged by the mailman

My kids are studying for their exams and we are on lockdown here. I have a holiday letting business, so apart from rearranging holidays to later in the year its a bit quiet, so I have plenty of time to wind wankers like you up. We don't have a mailman its a women and I can assure you she isn't into women

Morrissey really has been "cancelled" on UK radio, including usual stalwart BBC Radio 2. Not a sniff, nothing, nada, zilch, jack shit - see for yourself on www.ukairplaychart.com

My kids are studying for their exams and we are on lockdown here. I have a holiday letting business, so apart from rearranging holidays to later in the year its a bit quiet, so I have plenty of time to wind wankers like you up. We don't have a mailman its a women and I can assure you she isn't into women
How can you be sure she's a woman? Have you had a sneaky peek up her skirt? Could be she's one of those cross dressing weirdos ?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom