California Son: 4
I Am Not a Dog on a Chain: 3

UPDATE 11:25 AM PT:

Added placings:
#1 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
#1 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
#2 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Last edited by a moderator:
He entered at #3. You make it sound as if it was #71.

Haven't bothered to verify your claim about it being the "lowest ever first week sales for a Morrissey album", but I'll humour you.

However, even if that's true, it nevertheless means that only two albums in the entire chart outsold him. This would suggest that lower album sales is an industry wide trend, and not unique to Morrissey. Can you name an artist who is selling more albums today than they were ten, twenty or thirty years ago?

This idea that Morrissey's career has fallen over a cliff simply isn't consistent with reality, no matter how much the haters want it to be so. Because Morrissey's perceived political beliefs don't correspond with their own, they have turned their backs on him, and they don't like it when the rest of the world doesn't follow suit. That implies that they might be wrong, and they can't handle it.

As for your rather bold claim that we are unlikely to hear anymore Morrissey songs, people said that when the Smiths broke up. They were wrong.

They said it after Kill Uncle. They were wrong.
They said it after Vauxhall & I. They were wrong.
They said it after Maladjusted. They were wrong.

Do you see the pattern?

Morrissey will continue to record and release albums for as long as he wishes. His records sell.

Not very many though.

a lot of these venues are where M has played,armadillo isn't that big and dundees caird hall is a couple of thousand,used to be three when M played but has been reduced to 2150.

He couldn't even sell out the 65% of Leeds arena they made available on his last 2 date tour of the UK.

Haven't bothered to verify your claim about it being the "lowest ever first week sales for a Morrissey album", but I'll humour you.

However, even if that's true, it nevertheless means that only two albums in the entire chart outsold him. This would suggest that lower album sales is an industry wide trend, and not unique to Morrissey. Can you name an artist who is selling more albums today than they were ten, twenty or thirty years ago?

This idea that Morrissey's career has fallen over a cliff simply isn't consistent with reality, no matter how much the haters want it to be so. Because Morrissey's perceived political beliefs don't correspond with their own, they have turned their backs on him, and they don't like it when the rest of the world doesn't follow suit. That implies that they might be wrong, and they can't handle it.

As for your rather bold claim that we are unlikely to hear anymore Morrissey songs, people said that when the Smiths broke up. They were wrong.

Do you see the pattern?

Morrissey will continue to record and release albums for as long as he wishes. His records sell.
Great post! The 3rd best selling album in the country and people still bitch and moan.
Truth is, very few artist of his generation still make the UK Top 10, let alone the Top 3, in their 60s.
Moz's career thrives and will continue to do so, thankfully.

Hahaha! @Surface are you kidding me? What is this ghastly racket? I can imagine you jiggling along to this with a nice cup of Horlicks, wearing a pair of comfy slippers while plucking clumps of belly button hair from your paunch.

Not interested and don't have the album but prior to the release of their album, you were quite vocal on how shit they were compared to Morrissey. Fast forward 4 weeks, they get to number 1 after selling 20500 albums, Morrissey gets to number 3 after selling 6720.

Of course chart positions are relative. If xyz had released albums at the same time as Moz, yeah, maybe he wouldn't have reached no 3. But that goes for every chart ever in the history of charts. Surface's mental gymnastics trying his damnedest to pick holes in Morrisseys success and his bizarre fixation with Paul Heaton is both hilarious and disturbing. I don't know what Morrissey has done to this poor man, but judging from his spitefulness and endless negativity, it must be something awful. Or...@surface is just crazy.

Yes, Moz is number three. Yes, other people have sold more albums. And yes, it's all relative. Michael Jackson's Thriller has sold close to 100 million worldwide - but other people can still be successful.

Not interested and don't have the album but prior to the release of their album, you were quite vocal on how shit they were compared to Morrissey. Fast forward 4 weeks, they get to number 1 after selling 20500 albums, Morrissey gets to number 3 after selling 6720.
Are you trying to convince me or yourself that album sales equate to quality?
Of course Heaton's non offensive MOR dirges are gonna resonate with an equally dreary public.

Exactly , nobody would buy your music and you have zero talent or achievements. So how you gonna criticize someone more talented than you in every way

Erm I just told you I haven't released any albums, so how would they like my music. I have zero talents from a musical perspective but I have many achievements as some of the members on here who use my services know. What about you hillbilly Joe what have you ever achieved apart from the hillbilly coming of age ceremony where you lose your virgininity by knobbing your grandma?

Do you see the pattern?

its a great album and the only ones that are missing out are the snowballs.

Erm I just told you I haven't released any albums, so how would they like my music. I have zero talents from a musical perspective but I have many achievements as some of the members on here who use my services know. What about you hillbilly Joe what have you ever achieved apart from the hillbilly coming of age ceremony where you lose your virgininity by knobbing your grandma?

You love status. So what is your achievements that you think you can judge Morrissey? You couldn't walk in his shoes and you have no talent. Go to a forum of someone you like and stop being a creep on here. It's pathetic

I bought 8 of those 6720 albums sold. And I can’t be the only one who bought multiple formats, so the actual number of people who bought it will be much less than 6720.

The official charts don't count every single sale, it's still not possible to efficiently gather them all, so it's likely more people bought him, even with multiple format sales to one person.

He wouldn't be near the charts at all if he didn't have a decent enough fanbase. So, he's not fallen off a sales cliff & seeing that should bring the UK media back on board.

It's an upward turn.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom