California Son: 4
I Am Not a Dog on a Chain: 3

UPDATE 11:25 AM PT:

Added placings:
#1 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
#1 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
#2 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Last edited by a moderator:
Why has Surface got a hard-on for Paul Heaton? Heaton looks like he wants to read your gas meter rather than seduce you with a lullaby. Why he's even making the comparison is bizarre... Morrissey has no equal, the fact that the majority of the public don't get or like Morrissey isn't exactly a revelation.

Well would you like me to tell you?

yes because these people play the game,appearing on any old shite just to promote their new cd.
bawbag billy bragg was on back to the cornershop last week,how the mighty have fallen.
thank god M doesn't do this shite.

They're all over Twitter being desperate for attention & relevancy.

Heaton singing for nurses, like the press need to know. Bragg acting like he's the last word on all social & political issues.

Much prefer Moz staying out of all that malarkey.

All I'd want is him de-demonized & his talent to get the recognition it deserves.

They're all over Twitter being desperate for attention & relevancy.

Heaton singing for nurses, like the press need to know. Bragg acting like he's the last word on all social & political issues.

Much prefer Moz staying out of all that malarkey.

All I'd want is him de-demonized & his talent to get the recognition it deserves.
Billy Bragg's last album to make the UK Top 10 was...29 years ago :p
At number 8.

Moz makes top-3 even when, according to Bully Bragg himself, 'there's no way back for him' :D

So what do you write On Bunnymen's site? 'Your sales are dreadful! You sell so much less than Morrissey' :lbf:

No because they don't post shit like look at us we are number 1 in the Isle of Man like Morrissey does, they just make their music, sell out their gigs and remain dignified.

Well would you like me to tell you?
Not really. Your obsession with Heaton is becoming quite comical at this point. Let's leave it a mystery, I've a feeling what you're gonna say, and I disagree.

No because they don't post shit like look at us we are number 1 in the Isle of Man like Morrissey does, they just make their music and remain dignified.
Not the Isle of Man, but top-3 in the UK in general, and number 1 in Scotland.
Bunnymen last made to make the UK Top 10 album charts 23 years ago.
No wonder they don't brag about chart positions.

Paul "I've come to read your gas meter" Heaton is the pop star we should measure all music by from now on. The word "Great" will be substituted for "Heaton."
Screenshot_20200327-211849_Chrome.jpg

The lowest ever first week sales for a morrissey album. Fanbase has crumbled by a staggering 70% in the two years since High School released. Decision to formally endorse a far-right political party turns out to be the stupidest, most destructive thing he's ever done. Make the most of having a new batch of Morrissey songs to listen to, folks. It's unlikely to ever happen again.

Maurice E Maher aka Anony aka Anonymous. Idiot!

Not the Isle of Man, but top-3 in the UK in general, and number 1 in Scotland.
Bunnymen last made to make the UK Top 10 album charts 23 years ago.
No wonder they don't brag about chart positions.

Well most other artists don't tend to brag about their chart position Thewlis, they tend to get on with their craft. New Orders last album sold over 60,000 copies, there was no mention of chart position, simple a message their website saying, thank you to everyone who bought the album.

Well most other artists don't tend to brag about their chart position Thewlis, they tend to get on with their craft. New Orders last album sold over 60,000 copies, there was no mention of chart position, simple a message their website saying, thank you to everyone who bought the album.
Yes, just like Morrissey: 'Thank you for your support!'

Really, I'm sure Ive seen Morrissey doing Jonathan Ross a couple of times and any other shite over the years?
He's done the Jonathan Ross show I think 5 times over the years but not for a while, they've all been great and definitely not 'shite'.

Paul "I've come to read your gas meter" Heaton is the pop star we should measure all music by from now on. The word "Great" will be substituted for "Heaton."View attachment 55445
a4 refill pad in hand for more pish lyrics.check.
cagoule zipped up to the neck.check.
scratch my arsehole,see if surfboard is still in there.check.

The lowest ever first week sales for a morrissey album. Fanbase has crumbled by a staggering 70% in the two years since High School released. Decision to formally endorse a far-right political party turns out to be the stupidest, most destructive thing he's ever done. Make the most of having a new batch of Morrissey songs to listen to, folks. It's unlikely to ever happen again.

He entered at #3. You make it sound as if it was #71.

Haven't bothered to verify your claim about it being the "lowest ever first week sales for a Morrissey album", but I'll humour you.

However, even if that's true, it nevertheless means that only two albums in the entire chart outsold him. This would suggest that lower album sales is an industry wide trend, and not unique to Morrissey. Can you name an artist who is selling more albums today than they were ten, twenty or thirty years ago?

This idea that Morrissey's career has fallen over a cliff simply isn't consistent with reality, no matter how much the haters want it to be so. Because Morrissey's perceived political beliefs don't correspond with their own, they have turned their backs on him, and they don't like it when the rest of the world doesn't follow suit. That implies that they might be wrong, and they can't handle it.

As for your rather bold claim that we are unlikely to hear anymore Morrissey songs, people said that when the Smiths broke up. They were wrong.

They said it after Kill Uncle. They were wrong.
They said it after Vauxhall & I. They were wrong.
They said it after Maladjusted. They were wrong.

Do you see the pattern?

Morrissey will continue to record and release albums for as long as he wishes. His records sell.

I bought 8 of those 6720 albums sold. And I can’t be the only one who bought multiple formats, so the actual number of people who bought it will be much less than 6720.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom