Binyamina-Giv'at Ada - Zappa Amphi Shuni (July 2, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Notre-Dame (live debut) / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Hagit Yaron FB.

Last edited:
Let's be honest, the new song is awful, lyrically and musically. But, everybody knows the burning of Notre Dame and countless other Churches and Cathedrals across Europe was no accident.

Although I'm not sure why M has decided to dedicate a song to it, very strange.

This tweet is close to half a million views.
This new song does not go by unnoticed.

Do you even know who he is? :lbf: He is considered alt right. Yay Morrissey!!!
Also, friend of Richard Spencer, white supremacist. Way to go!!!!!

Come the feck along. Alain doesn't care what M writes to his music, as long as the money comes in and it pushes his career. That is the bottom line. He should have refused to let M sing on that music. If only to help M
I mean, do you think Johnny Marr would have let those lyrics front his music? Feck that. Johnny would have told him to step the feck off.
Alain gives me much LOLz singing Smiths songs and M solo songs he never wrote. It takes some brass neck to act the big boy, when singing and playing music to songs you have nothing to do with and act like you do. It's obvious he has been trying to poach some of M's audience for years . He reminds me of Martin from Gene, nothing like M but he tries to ape him to try and steal some fans. Actually, didn't them two know each other?, I remember having a pint with Alain and Martin once. Maybe I am misremembering
Don't get me wrong though, Alain has written some great songs with M and has been there for some great gigs - like last year . I do think the new band, could sound as good. They sound ok , for their first live outing tonight
You are being a complete ass to a very nice poster and friend of Alain.

Come the feck along. Alain doesn't care what M writes to his music, as long as the money comes in and it pushes his career. That is the bottom line. He should have refused to let M sing on that music. If only to help M
I mean, do you think Johnny Marr would have let those lyrics front his music? Feck that. Johnny would have told him to step the feck off.
Alain gives me much LOLz singing Smiths songs and M solo songs he never wrote. It takes some brass neck to act the big boy, when singing and playing music to songs you have nothing to do with and act like you do. It's obvious he has been trying to poach some of M's audience for years . He reminds me of Martin from Gene, nothing like M but he tries to ape him to try and steal some fans. Actually, didn't them two know each other?, I remember having a pint with Alain and Martin once. Maybe I am misremembering
Don't get me wrong though, Alain has written some great songs with M and has been there for some great gigs - like last year . I do think the new band, could sound as good. They sound ok , for their first live outing tonight
If Alain was only concerned with the money he wouldn’t have left the band.

‘Your boy’ :lbf:
Surely you can do better.
At least I actually know what I am posting, unless you actually meant to say that an alt right conspiracy theorist with ties to white supremacists liking this song is a good thing

At least I actually know what I am posting, unless you actually meant to say that an alt right conspiracy theorist with ties to white supremacists liking this song is a good thing
Please learn to read before you write.
I never said it was a good thing. Don’t know this guy.

I only said the tweet got a lot of views and he couldn’t actually spell Morrissey correctly.

Notre-Dame:

The music is a re-hash of Never Again Will I Be Twin. The vocal melody is a Suede track that I'm still trying to place. The lyrics aren't his worst because he wrote 'Noise Is The Best Revenge'.

It's easy to pump out unreleased albums like an assembly line when this little effort is going into them.
I always thought 'You're The One For Me, Fatty' was his worst lyrical effort.

Probably just me...

I only said the tweet got a lot of views and he couldn’t actually spell Morrissey correctly.
Right, you were posting because you thought it was a really bad thing :crazy:

I think you should heed your own message.

In times of greatest uncertainty in his career and difficult reshuffling in his band, he plays this new song!? This is the message he wants to communicate, knowing that the rest of his followers around the world will hear it too, as well as the last record companies, that would still be interested and all the conspiracy theorists who are just waiting to quote him. And then he is surprised, that almost everyone turns away from him? The comment about Andy Rourke was the only sensible thing to read on Central lately. Just for once, be the person millions of fans loved and not the bitter, out-of-contract antihero who has lost all touch with reality and blaims the rest of the world for it. Or is that no longer possible? He doesn't seem happy or engaged in the new live videos. All those who want to see it differently are deluding themselves.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom