Morrissey Central "A RUSH AND A PUSH AND THE MUSIC IS OURS" (April 19, 2024)

c4409c14d2e0c1a75462b212cf1845a1d9b6d4d9.jpg

Morrissey has paid the exit fee to Capitol Records in order to return both WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS albums back to him.
"It's been a long, hard, bloody war. Few would make it out alive, and … I'm no exception," he has commented.
Morrissey remains unsigned.

1B2BFCEC-20AA-4738-B5DC-F134BF1C8207.png

Last edited by a moderator:
As England descends into chaos, where does all this leave Bonfire of Teenagers? I do think it remains unlikely that a major label will want to be associated with 'brand Morrissey', given what happened with Capitol, but even more so, given the current incendiary social and political situation in England. If we are going to see a release, I think there are 2 possibilities: Moz will sign a deal with a small independent label, but perhaps with a major label agreeing to the distribution rights, or, Pete Galli will perform the impossible and persuade Moz to self release the album. Either way, Bonfire has never felt more prescient.
Just can't believe what's going on here in the uk just now. I seem so short on time nowadays but I've really enjoyed being able to enjoy the great buzz of the Vegas success on here and Youtube, but just catching glimpses of the news it's WTF??? Having at last got rid of the last atrocious government it seems the country is doomed and set on a course to self destruct. I really hope M stays away from getting tangled up in any of this now.
Hopefully PG will keep things in check.

Last edited:
Just can't believe what's going on here in the uk just now. I seem so short on time nowadays but I've really enjoyed being able to enjoy the great buzz of the Vegas success on here and Youtube, but just catching glimpses of the news it's WTF??? Having at last got rid of the last atrocious government it's seems the country is doomed and set on a course to self destruct. I really hope M stays away from getting tangled up in any of this now.
people wanted change for the sake of change with little regard of what the next government stands for,i could have told you months ago about labour,higher taxes and higher borrowing.
as for the riots,well people can only take so much,its like a whistling kettle,its going to blow at some point.

You mean Morrissey hits the current nerve of the times in England with BOT and has those behind him, who are now smashing everything to bits on the streets "Against the Boats"? Do I understand you correctly? Well, that certainly makes him the spearhead of the movement. But don't expect Nigel on guitar, during his extended, riot-ladden gigs across the land.
No. You don't understand me correctly.
Boil it all down - people behave in this way when they are frightened. Mass immigration has changed Britain - and the vast majority of people are worried about the impact it has had on social cohesion and the safety of women and girls in particular. But the narrative is - you are not allowed to talk about that, diversity is strength, don't look back in anger. BOT very well captures that disjuncture. That's what I mean by its prescience.

No. You don't understand me correctly.
Boil it all down - people behave in this way when they are frightened. Mass immigration has changed Britain - and the vast majority of people are worried about the impact it has had on social cohesion and the safety of women and girls in particular. But the narrative is - you are not allowed to talk about that, diversity is strength, don't look back in anger. BOT very well captures that disjuncture. That's what I mean by its prescience.
He must be tempted as much as possible to see himself publicly confirmed and to demand the publication of his BOT statement even more loudly. Let's hope the muzzle holds!

He must be tempted as much as possible to see himself publicly confirmed and to demand the publication of his BOT statement even more loudly. Let's hope the muzzle holds!
We can agree on that. Moz should say nothing. Let the music, and the lyrics, speak for themselves. Just get the album out there.

In these days of social media, for good or ill, air play and (traditional) promotion aren't as important as they used to be. BOT touches a nerve in society that might create its own promotion.

I see your point, but it's become quite 'uncool' to listen to Morrissey these days. Not that it was ever really 'cool' in such a sense, but you get my drift. So I'm not sure how social media could gain any traction.

I see your point, but it's become quite 'uncool' to listen to Morrissey these days. So I'm not sure social media would gain any traction.
Only people of a certain generation think he is 'uncool'. The next generation growing up are rejecting the small mindedness of their 'woke' parents. The fact he is verboten by their parents, potentially makes him very attractive for the young. Such is the generation game of life.

In these days of social media, for good or ill, air play and (traditional) promotion aren't as important as they used to be. BOT touches a nerve in society that might create its own promotion.
But Morrissey has not arrived in the world of social media (see Morrissey Central). He will certainly like to appear old-fashioned with BOT on English TV shows (Ross, Holland, etc) and will be asked questions there. That is no longer possible.

Only people of a certain generation think he is 'uncool'. The next generation growing up are rejecting the small mindedness of their 'woke' parents. The fact he is verboten by their parents, potentially makes him very attractive for the young. Such is the generation game of life.

Ah right, so he'll be in the same camp of new generational reverence as Nigel Farage, Tommy Robinson and Andrew Tate?

Is that where Morrissey is going, or where he has already arrived? I understood that some of his past work was attracting the incel community, so perhaps the rest is just an inevitable natural progression.

Ah right, so he'll be in the same camp of new generational reverence as Nigel Farage, Tommy Robinson and Andrew Tate?

Is that where Morrissey is going, or where he has already arrived? I understood that some of his past work was attracting the incel community, so perhaps the rest is just an inevitable natural progression.
Morrissey will be where he has always been. In the land of 'dangerous' artists and poets. Enter at your peril.

this is only the second time in over twenty years on here where someone has replied to their own comment,did you think icebergs sounded funnier.

Do you think before you make posts?

Morrissey will be where he has always been. In the land of 'dangerous' artists and poets. Enter at your peril.

Yes, I certainly agree there is a place for him there. But what is interesting to me is what that means for the associations applied to him going into the future.

If what you're saying comes to pass, it has the potential to turn into an underground monster and add another massive dose of controversy to his legacy.

It could even result in him losing any form of control over his image and work, or what they are used for.

Maybe that's what he wants, or he'd be okay with that and doesn't care anymore. I have little idea at this point.

Last edited:
It could even result in him losing any form of control over his image or work, or what they are used for.

Maybe that's what he wants, or he'd be okay with that and doesn't care anymore. I have little idea at this point.
That’s a nightmare. And it seems we’re headed in that direction.

That’s a nightmare. And it seems we’re headed in that direction.

You would think it would be a concern for the new management, but who knows if anyone is actually capable of steering this ship anymore.

Let's hope it's not going to be like watching a car accident in slow motion.

You would think it would be a concern for the new management, but who knows.

Let's hope it's not going to be like watching a car accident in slow motion.
It kind of feels like that’s what we’re doing. The media tells people that he’s the second coming of Enoch Powell and the alt-right is claiming him as one of their own. All because some vague comments made years ago and some poorly written and ill-informed song lyrics.

Oh, I really hope he doesn't say anything to endorse this shit, but given his past attitude, I am not so sure, this must be veeeery tempting for him. And the usual suspects will clap their hands for sure.

The thing is, M isn't considered "uncool" or "verboten" (does that sound more crass in German?!), he is considered an irrelevant has-been with questionable views nowadays. He has no influence whatsoever on the most part of the public. If he says something controversial he is a footnote in the (music) press and some far right idiots will make a Youtube video about it. That's it. The only way he will stay somehow relevant is through his music (which is fine) but I don't think kids in the future will think about BOT and Notre Dame as a mind-blowing revelation.

Back
Top Bottom