Seal hunt to commence in 18 days...

sealmn002-cu3.jpg

Anyone who buys a fashion item made from seal pelts should be required to look at this photograph first!

We have to end all global markets for seal products. Please lobby your MEP if you haven't already done so.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/members/public.do?language=en

'The European Parliament has called for a full European Union ban on harp and hooded seal products, a move that will see one of the biggest markets for seal pelts close. The European Commission has committed to undertaking a study on the humane aspects of the hunt, the results of which will provide the foundation for the legislation.

Many individual countries have also taken action. Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, France, Austria, Italy, Luxembourg, Croatia, Panama and Mexico have all either banned seal products or announced their intention to do so. They join the United States, which has prohibited seal product trade since 1972.

There is overwhelming support for the bans from the European public.'

Soon my country, Uruguay, will enter the Guinness book of records with the largest BBQ. I'm ashamed as I've rarely been of my country. It's one thing that our economy can only depend on live stock, but this??

I'm just too ashamed. And if Morrissey would ever have deigned to pronounce my country's name and it happens now and it's with disgust, I'll understand. I support him when he excludes Canada for that reason, I wish he did the same with Spain and his beloved Mexico, no matter how much I like both conutries (and part of my family roots comes from Spain), they still have Bullfighting as national sports, and that's even worse than anything.
I'm still waiting for Moz to speak up on that. I'd die if I learn that he sees any kind of romanticism in bullfights. :tears:

You weren't there that night. :rolleyes:

I will pay both of you to come to the May 10th Philly meetup. Please? :D

welll well aren't we the troublemaker today NRiTH... As much as I would like to join you all in Philly on May 10th, I have a confirmed booked wedding to shoot.... and I certainly am not the type to skip out on shooting somebodies wedding so I can fight with Buzz for your entertainment.

Anyone who buys a fashion item made from seal pelts should be required to look at this photograph first!
'

Definitely. When I was little, my Grandma brought me back a gorgeous little furry seal thing from Vancouver. I cuddled him every night until I saw that underneath it said 'made from genuine seal skin'. I cried myself to sleep then buried him in the back garden the next morning. :tears:

Definitely. When I was little, my Grandma brought me back a gorgeous little furry seal thing from Vancouver. I cuddled him every night until I saw that underneath it said 'made from genuine seal skin'. I cried myself to sleep then buried him in the back garden the next morning. :tears:

OH... :tears: indeed but also :o HUG TO YOU!!!! hEarTs and chocolates to you!!!!

You weren't there that night. :rolleyes:

I will pay both of you to come to the May 10th Philly meetup. Please? :D

Tee Hee... I had already corrected myself before you posted that. She is fun to get a rise out of and I knew that would do it however I felt a little dirty lying about it in order to do so... hence the correction.

If I was going down I would ask her to hop in - in a second. See? I am of the belief that it would be a fun ride and out of respect to the other people on the road and my passenger I would behave myself. We would even stop for pizza or something and pass Taco Bell.

welll well aren't we the troublemaker today NRiTH... As much as I would like to join you all in Philly on May 10th, I have a confirmed booked wedding to shoot.... and I certainly am not the type to skip out on shooting somebodies wedding so I can fight with Buzz for your entertainment.

Don't think of it as making trouble in so much as doing what I like to do sometimes... You stir the pot and see where it stops spinning... you light the fuze and walk away...

tee hee...

You got me there.... thats f***ed up.

What is--that it was made out of seal skin, or that (s)he buried it? ;)

Hold on... that's a good question... flipping the coin now actually....

I actually got home early today... walked through the door ten minutes ago. Yes... early is 5:00.

Don't think of it as making trouble in so much as doing what I like to do sometimes... You stir the pot and see where it stops spinning... you light the fuze and walk away...

tee hee...

yes but we very much love the way that NRitH does it :o... pity the same can't be said for your style... or lack thereof... :p:p:p

yes but we very much love the way that NRitH does it :o... pity the same can't be said for your style... or lack thereof... :p:p:p

Yeah but there is a difference of why... see if you can figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom