Phoenix, AZ - Orpheum Theatre (May 10, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:
We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Disappointed / Knockabout World / Once I Saw The River Clean / Never Had No One Ever / Alma Matters / Little Man, What Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Am Veronica / Half A Person / The Loop / I Know It's Over / Suedehead / Have-A-Go Merchant / Irish Blood, English Heart / Rubber Ring / First Of The Gang To Die / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm. Corrections by anonymous persons & FWD.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great setlist! Best setlist in a probably 20 years. He looks good, it looks like he lost some weight. Maybe The Simpsons episode got to him.

None of the blockbuster Smiths songs? Where is There Is a Light? Or How Soon Is Now? A festival crowd will want to hear those songs.

Ayyy Papi you bass esta grande bulto and beautiful. You know I like my bass to the face. Steer the ship now my son. Perfecto my papi/amigos. Gracias. Mas papi dont stop... Go baby go. Ola Dee Dee

Good and varied setlist. If I don't like the word "catchy" I have to repeat it with most of us here, Veronica is absolutely catchy. Viva Morrissey .

Definitely the best setlist in years.
And thanks God, the covers are gone, no Paris, no World Peace.
This should be fine for that cruel world festival.

lots of energy from M for a guy in his sixties,think the setlist could be down to alain,think both of them have had a chat about so many great songs that never get played live,dont be surprised to see our frank get an airing as its alains favourite song.
before we pass judgement on i am V lets wait for the complete version,sounded good though especially the top of the bill part.

I'm a happy bunny with that show. Morrissey is even more adorable than ever!

Crossing my fingers for a single release this week. It would make sense, considering Cruel World's happening next week, and the fact that Moz gave some kind of indication that it would actually come out "soon" is pretty promising. Friday, perhaps? And this will presumably announce which label he's been signed to, considering that there seems to have been some proper planning this time.

I'm as fed as anyone waiting for news about a deal, I really do think Morrissey should update us on whatever is happening.

Maybe I'm just being too cautious but back in the day when First of the gang, Irish blood and Mexico were being used in the live set he announced Mexico as one of the songs they were soon to release as a single, I think he said it at the Royal Albert Hall. There was nothing behind that statement so I'd be cautious that there is anything in place for Veronica.

He's still alive !!!

It looks like it was an excellent show. Morrissey looked really good too .

Wow, a brilliant setlist. Maybe the best ever from my perspective.
I normally expect between 5 and 10 of his best songs and in that setlist there's about 15. Nice choice of Smiths songs and glad we got loads more late 80s and 90's stuff than 2000-2010.
Veronica - chorus nothing special but there are some lovely singing melodies and guitar lines in the verse. Haven't listened much to the words but potential for it to be a top-tier solo song, musically at least. Judging by the YouTube footage of the final few bars, Alain Whyte seems to be its biggest fan!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom