PETA: "Roman Catholic Rocker Morrissey Calls On Pope to End Church’s Blessing of Bullfights" (September 3, 2024)

1725359025974.jpg

Roman Catholic Rocker Morrissey Calls On Pope to End Church’s Blessing of Bullfights

Iconic rocker Morrissey has sent a letter to Pope Francis urging him to see that the torment and killing of bulls “flies in the face” of the teachings of the patron saint of animals, St Francis – the pope’s namesake – and calling on him to end the Church’s shameful ties to this ugly, cruel blood sport.

Now being picked up by various media outlets.
FWD.

(PETA named Pope Francis PETA’s 2015 Person Of The Year).

Related item:

Does any one of you think that this will have any more impact than the 94 other times he's tried this when ticket sales are not going well so he can get his name in the news?

It's never worked, ever, and all he wants is your money.

ok no problem. I know that he existed , but some historians doubt about this. I believe in God but i think He is very diferent from what people say. That's another story.
I consider Jesus a spiritual master, a being who attained divinity at a certain age. A metaphysical teacher. My beliefs are in relation to energies etc ...Es largo te mando un beso

Does any one of you think that this will have any more impact than the 94 other times he's tried this when ticket sales are not going well so he can get his name in the news?

What if anything could Morrissey do that would renew your respect?

Fantastically written and equally as relevant. Well done, Mozzer.

I agree; a confidently-crafted, measured and persuasive piece of writing. Surely it merits the indulgence requested. Any reply, as has been requested according to the Yahoo/PA Media article below, would also be avidly read. Meanwhile, the world sits up and listens e.g.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/enterta...sinful-spectacle-of-bullfighting-1668145.html
&
https://premierchristian.news/us/news/article/morrissey-urges-pope-to-denounce-bullfighting
&
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/morrissey...JQKp82xg7a3UE-VA-hMU64SMu1ohtUCkCK-eYrT_Toglm
&
https://www.irishnews.com/entertain...e-of-bullfighting-KEJEKJEF5JN7XKWD56PBL6OPOY/

Be great if M could have an audience with the Pope (or the other way round) to discuss this further.
He likely wouldn't qualify, it's for important people like politicians and high ranking church authorities. I think there can be exceptions made but I don't think there would be for anything like this.

broken record,may the pope cast a mortal sin on your skeletal frame in the future,if he cant do that a broken leg would suffice,imbecile.

He likely wouldn't qualify, it's for important people like politicians and high ranking church authorities. I think there can be exceptions made but I don't think there would be for anything like this.
well my football team glasgow celtic had an audience with the pope when they were playing in italy because of their catholic roots and presented him with a shirt with his name on the back,sorry to say that you are wrong,shouldnt come as a surprise

View attachment 110375

Roman Catholic Rocker Morrissey Calls On Pope to End Church’s Blessing of Bullfights

Iconic rocker Morrissey has sent a letter to Pope Francis urging him to see that the torment and killing of bulls “flies in the face” of the teachings of the patron saint of animals, St Francis – the pope’s namesake – and calling on him to end the Church’s shameful ties to this ugly, cruel blood sport.

Now being picked up by various media outlets.
FWD.

(PETA named Pope Francis PETA’s 2015 Person Of The Year).

Related item:

Nothing makes me more angry than the torture of animals. It's sick. If I was born a Spaniard I'd be even more incensed by the whole thing.

Ya know better than that Skinny.
Moz been seekin' justice for Bulls
for a stretch now.
Were a time he was even goin' on
programs and singin' about it.

Ya know better than that Skinny.
Moz been seekin' justice for Bulls
for a stretch now.
Were a time he was even goin' on
programs and singin' about it.

The only thing in the letter that slightly jarred for me was when he said, as he once sang, for he's aired that tune more often.

Some more coverage:

A positive gesture, and whilst the plight of people might be concern at the moment, it makes Morrissey’s stance even more vital. Animals risk being overlooked.

Most shows are sold out or real close. What a great life it must be to rid the world of Nazis with the same old copy pasta.

I'll make sure I buy 2 shirts when I see him. I'll make sure the one that costs the most is purchased in your honor. Morrissey thanks you for your support.

Most shows are sold out or real close. What a great life it must be to rid the world of Nazis with the same old copy pasta.

I'll make sure I buy 2 shirts when I see him. I'll make sure the one that costs the most is purchased in your honor. Morrissey thanks you for your support.
well said bored,buy your t-shirts with glee and think of skinny whilst doing so.

Mindblowing that this is even still being discussed in 2024, let alone that it remains so widely sanctioned despite significant opposition and widespread global calls for the abolishment of such barbarism for “sport”, in so-called evolved societies and first world countries. Even the majority of meat-eaters I’ll bet are against such shocking torture and abuse. There will never be words sufficient to describe the true horror of this.

I'm pretty sure he blocked me so I am sadly going to buy them with only myself in mind.
i will be full of glee for you.
cant believe he blocked you,what is he,12.
least you wont have to put up with the money money money claptrap.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom