Don't Give Me Anymore: Covid's Long Shadow

That is a failure, Audrey! You should show her the videos that ZOOM FROM GLOOM and BrummieBoy have posted here about the horrors of the dairy industry. Made me cut down on my intake of dairy products drastically. That, and the fact that dairy is really bad for people with autoimmune disease.

he aint gonna do that, bun bun. he's trying to get laid!

but yeah, audrey would sell out like that, bun bun! Like that!

How am I selling out? I've already told her I avoid animal products on ethical grounds. She's reacted the way most people usually do: she respects my decision, laments animal suffering herself, but continues to consume animals. Should most of my conversation with her be vegan apologetics? Should I bomb our text thread with links to factory farming videos? Should I give her sticky notes that say "MORRISSEY. MEAT IS MURDER"?

I know covid is in the thread title, and I don't know where else to ask this, but should I be worried about mpox? Is it short for Moz pox? I don't want to catch it by viewing the posts on here. It's got me worried BIG time.

How am I selling out? I've already told her I avoid animal products on ethical grounds. She's reacted the way most people usually do: she respects my decision, laments animal suffering herself, but continues to consume animals. Should most of my conversation with her be vegan apologetics? Should I bomb our text thread with links to factory farming videos? Should I give her sticky notes that say "MORRISSEY. MEAT IS MURDER"?
Okay, hypothetical: you can do the dirty with girl of your choice: amber heard, Lou da loogie, hair metal girl, Rita Moreno, or Cambodian chicken foot eater. BUT! you have to eat a steak and ice cream every day for a month!

Or you can stick to your principals and never get laid again!

What do you choose? (Spoiler: I already KNOW :rolleyes:)

Okay, hypothetical: you can do the dirty with girl of your choice: amber heard, Lou da loogie, hair metal girl, Rita Moreno, or Cambodian chicken foot eater. BUT! you have to eat a steak and ice cream every day for a month!

Or you can stick to your principals and never get laid again!

What do you choose? (Spoiler: I already KNOW :rolleyes:)

If you already know the answer, then why do you ask? Of course I would pass. If I thought my own pleasure was more important than the suffering of animals, I wouldn't be abstaining from meat and dairy in the first place. And anyone who puts their own sexual pleasure over the suffering others essentially has the morals of a rapist.

I'm still not sure why you think I'm "selling out," since I haven't hid my views from my friend. Selling out would be pretending not to be vegan, or not mentioning it.

If you already know the answer, then why do you ask? Of course I would pass. If I thought my own pleasure was more important than the suffering of animals, I wouldn't be abstaining from meat and dairy in the first place. And anyone who puts their own sexual pleasure over the suffering others essentially has the morals of a rapist.

I'm still not sure why you think I'm "selling out," since I haven't hid my views from my friend. Selling out would be pretending not to be vegan, or not mentioning it.
I didn't say you WERE selling out, auds, I said you WOULD sell out (thinking in advance of my hypothetical scenario). I thought your reading comprehension was better than that, auds!

However, I stand corrected. Im happy to know you dont put your lil wienie first when it comes to the suffering of animals. My opinion of you went up. (Which is too bad because I had a GREAT answer that I was going to wallop you with in the event that you had answered the way I had expected).

By the way, you should do the fun mensa online iq test and tell me what you got!!

I didn't say you WERE selling out, auds, I said you WOULD sell out (thinking in advance of my hypothetical scenario). I thought your reading comprehension was better than that, auds!

However, I stand corrected. Im happy to know you dont put your lil wienie first when it comes to the suffering of animals. My opinion of you went up. (Which is too bad because I had a GREAT answer that I was going to wallop you with in the event that you had answered the way I had expected).

I don't know if this will give you an opportunity to wallop me with your great answer, but I thought of a legalistic way to trick whatever demigod is offering me this dilemma. Since the stipulation is only "eat steak and ice cream every day for a month," I could get my steak and ice cream by scrounging in restaurant dumpsters. That way I'm only eating discards; I'm not causing animal suffering by purchasing it. I'd be like those orthodox Jewish women who wear wigs: God says to cover their hair, so they cover their hair with hair.

By the way, you should do the fun mensa online iq test and tell me what you got!!

Okay, I'll take it tomorrow. It says it takes 25 minutes and I don't have the time at the moment.

I don't know if this will give you an opportunity to wallop me with your great answer, but I thought of a legalistic way to trick whatever demigod is offering me this dilemma. Since the stipulation is only "eat steak and ice cream every day for a month," I could get my steak and ice cream by scrounging in restaurant dumpsters. That way I'm only eating discards; I'm not causing animal suffering by purchasing it. I'd be like those orthodox Jewish women who wear wigs: God says to cover their hair, so they cover their hair with hair.
You sly dog!:lbf:
Okay, I'll take it tomorrow. It says it takes 25 minutes and I don't have the time at the moment.
Great! 🤗

This test is not "fun" at all. I had to quit about a third of the way through because it was giving me a headache. I'll tell you what was fun, those analogy sentences on the SAT. Anyway, I just clicked "F" for every answer on the last two-thirds of the Mensa test and apparently my IQ is 95.

Bench-from-the-forrest-gump.jpg

This test is not "fun" at all. I had to quit about a third of the way through because it was giving me a headache. I'll tell you what was fun, those analogy sentences on the SAT. Anyway, I just clicked "F" for every answer on the last two-thirds of the Mensa test and apparently my IQ is 95.

Bench-from-the-forrest-gump.jpg
Why is it not fun? Don't you like logic puzzles?! Born to eat meringue wasn't able to finish it either. I got 118. On another iq test I scored 147 (12 points higher than born to eat meringue) but born to eat meringue says the mensa one is more accurate :/

Why is it not fun? Don't you like logic puzzles?! Born to eat meringue wasn't able to finish it either. I got 118. On another iq test I scored 147 (12 points higher than born to eat meringue) but born to eat meringue says the mensa one is more accurate :/

I think things like chess, Sudoku, and SAT analogy questions are fun. At some point, though, those Mensa puzzles started to morph into op art and I got a headache. goinghome was right, though: with this paltry IQ score of 95, I really will be first in line for euthanasia if a eugenics regime comes in.

I think things like chess, Sudoku, and SAT analogy questions are fun. At some point, though, those Mensa puzzles started to morph into op art and I got a headache. goinghome was right, though: with this paltry IQ score of 95, I really will be first in line for euthanasia if a eugenics regime comes in.
Your glass can still be half full if you just compare yourself to a bunch of the people on this site

in indonesia a 95 iq is probably pretty good!

in your case it might be a visual thing then. i think these tests are heavy on visual intelligence. we all know you can string together a sentence like the best of them and iq tests dont really measure that. at least not this one.:unsure:

According to World Population Review, you're right. The average in Indonesia comes in at 78.49. Maybe I could become a wise old imam there. I'm slightly below the U.S. average, which is 97.43. How is Vietnam only 89.53 when its neighbors are China (104.1) and Cambodia (99.75)?
shit, those are some low iqs. though im frankly surprised that chicken foot eaters would score so high! israel comes in at 92 but ashkenazi jews are actually said to have the highest average iq at 110.

how much stock do you place in iq tests, auds? (discounting your score of course, that's obviously not accurate)

Back
Top Bottom