Classic Pop: Sparks on Morrissey - "it's saddening, very disheartening"

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
In a new interview in Classic Pop, the Sparks are asked about Morrissey.
"We love so much of what he's done, to see his stance against humanity seems so contradictory. From his music we thought inclusion would be part of his views. When it comes to us versus them,
Morrissey seems to be on the side of them. It's very disheartening."

Scan posted by Famous when dead:

full

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
"The floodgates have opened... anyone can come and join in... England is a memory now."

Morrissey is just like me and most others in this regard. He would definitely call you woke.
You use the word 'most' quite a lot yet you can't back that up with anything, and I suspect you know that it's a lie so stop doing it.

"The floodgates have opened... anyone can come and join in... England is a memory now."

Morrissey is just like me and most others in this regard. He would definitely call you woke.

There you are misquoting him to back up your opinions rather than looking at what he said.

He was saying London had changed & he had nothing against the people but he missed the past. It was the follow up question when he was asked why it was different from him being an immigrant that made him come up with a metaphor about numbers that turned into a scandal.

Morrissey has said more woke things than I have & if you track his 'journey' you can see it was the 'anti-gay' response to the Orlando massacre that set him off towards Anne Marie.

Nothing to do with your obsession with black people.

You use the word 'most' quite a lot yet you can't back that up with anything, and I suspect you know that it's a lie so stop doing it.

everybodry knows you are woke FFS 🤒
quit growing vegs in the garden and get a job:rolleyes:

watching sparks in the seventies on top of the pops everybody and their granny thought ron mael was an adolf hitler lookalike with his toothbrush moustache.
i take little notice of these stick the boot in interviews anymore,theres been that many of them all saying the same thing.
Personally I love it when pop stars kick off with each other... it makes sensational reading ... the 80 was great for this sort of thing, and of course our hero was at the middle of it all, I remember in smash hits when interviewed, he was asked what was his favourite Thompson twins single, moz replied.... is it possible to have one!!!!

There you are misquoting him to back up your opinions rather than looking at what he said.

He was saying London had changed & he had nothing against the people but he missed the past. It was the follow up question when he was asked why it was different from him being an immigrant that made him come up with a metaphor about numbers that turned into a scandal.

Morrissey has said more woke things than I have & if you track his 'journey' you can see it was the 'anti-gay' response to the Orlando massacre that set him off towards Anne Marie.

Nothing to do with your obsession with black people.
"Black and white people will never get on"

'Everyone prefers their own race.'

'It's terrible about Tommy Robinson (being locked up)"

“If you call someone racist in modern Britain you are telling them that you have run out of words. You are shutting the debate down and running off.

All correct of course.

Last edited:

“If you call someone racist in modern Britain you are telling them that you have run out of words. You are shutting the debate down and running off.

All correct of course.
No, they are not 'correct,' they are simply opinions, none of which stand up to any examination.

All correct of course.

This is more stuff out of context - because you cannot make a case without it if you look at everything.

In the first one he was being pessimistic in a year that saw the Rodney King beating & race riots.

In the second he was making a clumsy attempt to say that everyone could be accused of racism & that not everything was about race (a bit that everyone leaves out).

In the last one he thought the law was covering up abuse because he watched an American video that didn't understand the law of England & Wales - but thank you for telling us Tommy hates black people so much that the mere mention of his name makes you think a person must be on your side.

I posted part of Morrissey's statement about Orlando - he's clearly worried about homophobia. He even calls the killer handsome & blames Trump's gun policy. You're incredibly homophobic so on that issue alone you're not aligned with Morrissey & he is VERY woke on it.

This is more stuff out of context - because you cannot make a case without it if you look at everything.

In the first one he was being pessimistic in a year that saw the Rodney King beating & race riots.

In the second he was making a clumsy attempt to say that everyone could be accused of racism & that not everything was about race (a bit that everyone leaves out).

In the last one he thought the law was covering up abuse because he watched an American video that didn't understand the law of England & Wales - but thank you for telling us Tommy hates black people so much that the mere mention of his name makes you think a person must be on your side.

I posted part of Morrissey's statement about Orlando - he's clearly worried about homophobia. He even calls the killer handsome & blames Trump's gun policy. You're incredibly homophobic so on that issue alone you're not aligned with Morrissey & he is VERY woke on it.
You sound like you're literally bending over backwards on this. Moz does not share your opinions - get over it.

He does however share many of mine - which brings me immense joy.

They are personal opinions that I happen to agree with. Opinions should never be policed. Never.
Saying you agree with them is different to their being 'correct.' Of course you are agreeing with things that you cannot prove are correct so your judgement is questionable but that's your right.

@Nerak
“Please give For Britain a chance. They will bring an end to the modern Westminster mania for self-destruction. For Britain is the bulldog breed that will never surrender. Both Labour and Conservatives have already sold you down the river into righteous oblivion.”

You're doing the same thing - taking it out of context.

Look at his statement about Orlando - look at his hatred of Blair & Bush in his autobiography & look at Anne Marie's journey from the left - you're stuck with quoting short passages or single sentences - otherwise it wouldn't hold up.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom