Which Morrissey vinyl album is the most sought/sort/salt after?

I wouldnt say earls court is rare, its just overpriced. The Suedehead Best of 2xLP is harder to find.

I was after the Suedhead Best of on vinyl for years, finally found a decent copy at a good (ish) price and bought it.
About 4 months later I was going through a box of records at my mums house and found a copy I had bought about 12 years ago, it was in good nick too. I'm gonna stick it on ebay along with a load of other duplicates I'm selling.

I can't believe these all go for so much now, I don't reckon I've paid over £25 for any of my vinyls, most probably near to a tenner. I don't even think I've played Beethoven more than once.

It's a damn shame I'm so attached to them all.

You won’t be picking up Quarry or Ringleader at those prices, I’m sorry to say. Even Swords is pushing £80+ now.
Live At Earls Court is probably the most rare and expensive now.
I believe it's Stateside Glamorous Glue its pulling in way more money, but what do I know

IMG_9873.jpeg

I’ve got one of these upstairs. Might have to pull it out and give it a good buff.

Last edited:
the most sought after record is the next one, though I have no idea how M is going to top LIHS, truly an amazing album, to say the least.

This didn’t age well lol.

View attachment 104485
I’ve got one of these upstairs. Might have to pull it out and give it a good buff.

They won't get that amount. Looking at the first one, they're like many sellers - a record dealer, who have hundreds of items listed, some for extortionate prices, some for reasonable prices. They'll likely make the bulk of their money on the every day, ten a penny sales, while hoping they can one day sell the extortionately priced records for a nice little bonus.

When I sold some of my Morrissey collection, I made a nice profit selling at reasonable market prices. A dealer bought a few of my records, only to list them on their eBay store at over double the price, and they were listed on there for years.

the most sought after record is the next one, though I have no idea how M is going to top LIHS, truly an amazing album, to say the least.
This didn’t age well lol.

I don’t agree with you. I still think the two unreleased albums can be considered by fans to be ‘the most sought after’.

I don’t agree with you. I still think the two unreleased albums can be considered by fans to be ‘the most sought after’.

I agree with that part!

Yeah the prices make it hard to get my collection going, I've noticed....

Occasionally, you can get a bargain, although still not cheap by anyone's standards. It helps when there's spelling mistakes in the listings. Managed to get a few things that way, as misspelled listings don't always come up in searches.

They won't get that amount. Looking at the first one, they're like many sellers - a record dealer, who have hundreds of items listed, some for extortionate prices, some for reasonable prices. They'll likely make the bulk of their money on the every day, ten a penny sales, while hoping they can one day sell the extortionately priced records for a nice little bonus.

When I sold some of my Morrissey collection, I made a nice profit selling at reasonable market prices. A dealer bought a few of my records, only to list them on their eBay store at over double the price, and they were listed on there for years.
Not planning to sell mine anytime soon, but do have quite a few ‘spares’ I might offload to make more space.

Not planning to sell mine anytime soon, but do have quite a few ‘spares’ I might offload to make more space.

I've still got some of my Morrissey stuff, but sold a good chunk - it paid for a fantastic holiday a few years ago.

Still got all my Smiths stuff, and that won't be going anywhere any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom