Strange/unexpected Moz references?

the_style_and_icon_emporium-12072024-0002.jpg
the_style_and_icon_emporium-12072024-0001.jpg

No. 1 - guess who.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvd6qOiVfZo

j*e*t, your post was edited to insert the YT link for others to copy.
It appears sharing of that video elsewhere isn't happening.
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks for the info. I did think it would be strange if he was wearing badges of Yoko and John!

looks like Yoko to me. The other? doesn’t look like a Lennon image ( could be wrong). But it doesn’t look like one of the Ramones either.

Believe there was a live shot of him wearing both John & Yoko badges (???)

Fan of Lennon? I wouldn’t be too surprised. All the young people .. Give peace a chance.
1720811532694.jpeg

1720811578491.jpeg

1720810586760.png

looks like Yoko to me. The other? doesn’t look like a Lennon image ( could be wrong). But it doesn’t look like one of the Ramones either.

Believe there was a live shot of him wearing both John & Yoko badges (???)

Fan of Lennon? I wouldn’t be too surprised. All the young people .. Give peace a chance.
View attachment 106964
View attachment 106965
View attachment 106963

Interesting, thanks. Wasn't sure of his thoughts about Lennon as I'd not seen anything he'd said. A quick search turned up this, which helps clarify slightly:

"So sad about John. I almost cried. I have none of his records and didn't care about The Beatles. But when people who devote a part of their lives to 'peace' are shot 5 times for it, well, THAT disturbs me. It's always the wrong people. Nobody would assassinate our dear prime minister. Is all life sad?"

So you were right about the peace etc part (y)

Last edited:

YouTube searches can wait for a while - currently flooded with Baldwin trial videos.

Screenshot_20240713-164326.png

A few tiny mentions in Mike Scott's
Adventures Of A Waterboy (Jawbone 2012):

"Rock’n’roll was a changed landscape too. I was deposited as if from a spacecraft into a world I hardly recognised. Most of our contemporary bands of the eighties were gone, including all the best ones – The Clash, the Bunnymen, The Smiths – while Mick Hucknall and Geordie Michael were global superstars. How had that happened? Only the renewed success of Paul Weller seemed logical, as if the world was still spinning on its right axis."

"Even so, it was another eighteen months before we met up again in London in 1984. By this time I’d formed The Waterboys and we were beginning to make a name for ourselves on the London scene, though I felt like a musical alien. The popular sound of the day was all synthesizers, clicky bass drums and mechanical pomp played by angular-haired people with tablecloths round their necks who sang in portentously deep faux-Germanic voices; the purgatorial heyday of the New Romantics. With my dreams of acoustic-guitar walls of sound I was a thousand miles out of step with the times. The nearest kindred spirits were Echo & The Bunnymen and The Smiths, but they were in other towns, other dimensions, far from London pop city. No, I was deep behind enemy lines in the domain of Spandau Ballet, Modern Romance and Bananarama, none of whose manifestations appeared to admit of what I considered the foundation stones of modern music: Dylan, The Beatles, the Stones, punk, soul, Chuck Berry and the counterculture. Either they were all insane or I was."

From Blitzed magazine issue 13 with Yello on the cover

Attachments

• Blitzed 13 -1.jpg
    Blitzed 13 -1.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Blitzed 13 -2.jpg
    Blitzed 13 -2.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Blitzed 13 -3.jpg
    Blitzed 13 -3.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Blitzed 13 -4.jpg
    Blitzed 13 -4.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Blitzed 13 -5jpg.jpg
    Blitzed 13 -5jpg.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 0
Image-95 (1).jpg

Half a page advert in September's Mojo (#370).
(No review).

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom