St. Petersburg, FL - Mahaffey Theater (Oct. 10, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Alma Matters / Girlfriend In A Coma / I Wish You Lonely / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Speedway / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Loop / Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way? / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // How Soon Is Now?

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm

Last edited:
He was amazing the band was amazing the songs were amazing. I will forever “fight to the death” of anyone disparaging my silver fox. He is a treasure. Some faves from last night.
Weirdo. He’s a rockstar. A legendary one. Who is far past his prime. He was a real treasure. Who lost his way.

Nothing from the Smiths debut record
Nothing from the Smiths Meat is Murder (How soon is now was not on the record)
Nothing from the Smiths The Queen is Dead
A few tracks from The Smiths Louder than Bombs
A few track from Strangways
A few tracks from Viva Hate
Nothing from Bona Drag
A track from Kill Uncle (left over from when Alain rejoined)
A few tracks from Vauxhall (Jack the Ripper is great, but Speedway not so much)
Personally, I never like Irish Blood
Darling, I hug a pillow is a decent track, but one of the weaker tracks on an otherwise fantastic record
The remaining set list is mediocre at best.

BUT, everyone that has been to the concerts comments that the band sounds great, Morrissey's voice is top form, and they had a splendid evening. Sounds like the ticket prices are about $150. So my conclusion, is have a nice dinner with your partner and spend a night out with Morrissey will cost you let's say $400 bucks (including dinner). Not a bad way to spend an evening. After all, he is getting old and it is a chance to see one of the greats of all time from an era that will never be again.

Pros:
Nice theatre, great people, atmosphere was fantastic. Morrissey's voice was booming and he was talkative. Best set list I have ever seen and the opening song was such a pleasant surprise and a great way to kick off a rocking show!!

Cons:
Sorry, 4 musicians filling in for Boz, Alain, Matt, Gustavo just doesn't cut it. While certainly talented, the sound wasn't the same.
Give up the Vegas lights and smoke Moz....we like your music just as it is.

Signed, my 10th show.

I'm a huge fan of traditional country music, and can't for the life of me understand this Waylon cover. It almost seems like a f*** you, I'll play whatever I want type thing. Of all the songs he has, he plays this? And it sucks!

Morriseey basically suck now which is hard for me to say. If we really wanted to call it 40 years of Morrissey, Pick one of two songs from every album and do it right. If he did that his fan would go crazy, he would make new younger fans and the venues would sell out! He would be the talk of the internet. Instead he calls it 40 years and plays same old stuff he's been playing with the addition of some sh*t no one wants to hear. I don't know any other artist that LIKES to disappoint his fans as much as Morrissey. It is weird.
He doesn't suck, the setlist does. His voice is sounding great, which only makes his song choices more baffling.

IMG_1423.jpeg

not a bad set list, not the best, he still managed to sneak in a decent amount of rubbish to satisfy his weirdness.
Got to say though, he sounded amazing, if he had just done the bangers it would have been a lot better.
And, how over zealous are his security... wow

New drum head.
2nd image of George Segal in Ship Of Fools.

View attachment 95849

So interesting that it bothered him (maybe?) enough to change it out. Didn’t think so, but he still seems to be paying attention to those details. Hopefully it will bleed over into the next choice of album sleeves.

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Alma Matters / Girlfriend In A Coma / I Wish You Lonely / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Speedway / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Loop / Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way? / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // How Soon Is Now?

You have heard this one before , that's for sure

Photo by @xrushtodangerx

pete 1.jpg

I really enjoyed tonight - the sound was way better than at Orlando and the band came across better as a result. A great night indeed.

Some of the audience need to take a hard look at themselves though.
I was on the 4th row of the balcony and f*** me..... every 2 minutes some prick would stand up and shuffle their way past everyone to go to the toilet or the bar. It was a constant stream. Can't people go 70 minutes without going for a piss or another beer?
People are the worst.
Too bad pushing them over the railing might hurt some decent folks below.

Me: There is no way to add "You Sure Hank Done It This Way?" as an upgrade to a setlist.

Also me: Notre-Dame was replaced by a bad country cover.. but hey, it's an upgrade!

Edit: For clarification, my main problem with Notre-Dame (but not my only problem) is that it sounds like some Q-Anon inspired nonsense.

Me: There is no way to add "You Sure Hank Done It This Way?" as an upgrade to a setlist.

Also me: Notre-Dame was replaced by a bad country cover.. but hey, it's an upgrade!

Edit: For clarification, my main problem with Notre-Dame (but not my only problem) is that it sounds like some Q-Anon inspired nonsense.

Agree about ND, also definitely an upgrade.

Though I have to disagree, and say that it’s a
great song in spite of it being a country song.

One that any long touring artist can relate to.

And Waylon really looks the punk that he was in the photo M chose. Lovely!

Photo by @xrushtodangerx

pete 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom