Scott Rodger (Maverick) leaks Morrissey information and email re: Bonfire / Miley via X (October 17, 2023)

There's been drama!

20231017_090414.jpg

20231017_090437.jpg

IMG_20231017_085912.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
One thing I missed at the time was a tweet from Miley on her twitter account on 5th September 2021 saying "I like my men how I like my steak...bloody and tender". If only Morrissey had seen that and thrown her off Bonfire himself!

Donnie Knutson's interests include Bullfights - so we might have avoided 10 years of scandal if that meant he wasn't hired.

View attachment 96986
All in all he’s a horrid man. But morrissey seems to think the sun shines out of his rabid ass. Knutson is a control freak, but he’s yielded his influence over Moz, that’s for sure. Ass that he is.

Was it Knutson's idea to endorse For Britain? Because that stuff really sank him, much more than the Cyrus business. I wouldn't be surprised if MC now regrets getting involved and is happy for the whole thing to be spiked on contractual reasons, that she could override if she really cared.

Millions of people presumably voted for Brexit, deemed a right-leaning movement. As FWD has pointed out several times, For Britain was an approved political party campaigning for support like any other. People were being put under increasing pressure to take sides, and indeed politics around the world has only become more polarising, aided by a media often willing to betray journalistic standards by appeasing paymasters and those in power e.g. https://www.mintpressnews.com/propa...dia-is-pushing-fake-palestine-stories/285992/

There's no sense of any deliberate intent to sully the public image on Central. I strongly recommend giving everyone concerned the benefit of the doubt and moving on, or those who keep scraping must come under suspicion themselves.

Because of negative publicity incurred back then by Morrissey when delving, like so many, into evolving political representation options, the concurrent delay in the recording process might actually be a Godsend, especially now that a more careful awareness of content being posted and its impact has been evident on Central for some time: almost a year, in fact. Greater message congruence in now likely to give whatever recording arrangements are made the best chance of success. Viva Moz! :guitar:

Donnie blocked Alain & Gus from Morrissey's Instagram - so that's a sign he's making decisions about his online media.
He actually did that?! 😮

Blocking someone on Instagram… it’s like a f***ing high school. If it spills over to Snapchat, may god have mercy on us all.
season 8 GIF

Sam Esty Rayner put his name on Central - so that is a source. As well as things going from his social media to Central.

Donnie blocked Alain & Gus from Morrissey's Instagram - so that's a sign he's making decisions about his online media.
And of course Morrissey knows none of this?

And of course Morrissey knows none of this?
Unfortunately no. After 40 years in music business, consuming countless managers, signing hundreds of contracts, as a pure soul he is, he can be deceived by evil tour managers and time traveller journalists from 1992. He is also totally oblivious of the shite is posted in hsi name on his own website. It can be terrible being Morrissey :(

Unfortunately no. After 40 years in music business, consuming countless managers, signing hundreds of contracts, as a pure soul he is, he can be deceived by evil tour managers and time traveller journalists from 1992. He is also totally oblivious of the shite is posted in hsi name on his own website. It can be terrible being Morrissey :(

You mean he is dumb as a stick?

Sam Esty Rayner put his name on Central - so that is a source. As well as things going from his social media to Central.

Naturally, you don't have any proof of any of this

This stuff happens a lot. But whilst I have some sympathy for the artists, at the end of the day they decided to sign whatever contract was put in front of them and willingly gave up their freedom.
I agree,

To some extent. I think it's pretty awful even if technically permissible behavior to intentionally sit on an album that you don't intend to release without offering a buyback option or clear communication otherwise.

And in the case of Morrissey, he seems to have doubled down on the back and vocal issue – whether or not he knew of Columbia's prohibitions at the time those emails were sent, nd also has chosen to engage in a very particular appointed and personal attack on certain figures in capitol management as a PR pressure campaign, and I'm not sure any of that is conducive to them releasing the record or choosing to allow Morrissey to buy back the album at a price he would deem acceptable.

I don't think labels are blameless, but based purely on the information available at the moment in Moz's case at least, he shoulders a lot of blame for so zealously chasing after the commercial boom he suspected would result from public promotion of appeal to the Miley Cyrus fan base.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom