Morrissey at the Viña del Mar Festival, Chile 2012 (Feb. 24)

An important Chilean newspaper just confirmed today that Morrissey will be the Anglo star of the Viña del Mar Festival, Chile, 2012.

Morrissey cierra con el Festival de Viña y se convierte en la figura anglo del certamen - La Tercera

fv2012_parrillav5.jpg

Ok. The Viña del Mar Festival is the most popular music festival in Chile (And I dare to say of South America). The newspaper here (radio and TV) confirm that Morrissey is the Anglo Star hidden (the surprise). They also say that Moz agreed this week to visit Chile.

He will close the third night of the Festival, around the midnight here, and they ensure that it will be a 15 song setlist.

ALSO, the didn't confirm, but they said that the managers of Moz visit are planning a second presentation in Santiago, Chile Capital, around three or four days later.

The good thing, is that you will be able to see the Morrissey show in Pro-Shot, and in HD. Because the full Festival is broadcasted in High Definition.

What can I said? Here in Chile we are all very, very happy whit this, it's been a long time. In Twitter, for example, the Trending Topic of Chile are: 1- #Morrissey 5- Moz & 10- The Smiths. It's been a Beautiful surprise of him, and we are so very happy!

The most important informative radio frequency here in Chile, Radio Bio Bio, said about Moz visit: "The 52 year old singer ended as one of the most important numbers in the history of the Festival of Viña del Mar."

Using Google Translate, it appears Morrissey will close the third night of the festival, Friday, Feb. 24. Another show in Santiago around the time of the festival but the date has not been set. Please post any additions / corrections in the comments section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Al fin alguien que hable con sensatez....................100% de acuerdo.

Brazil, AGAIN, will be left behind. I just want this NOT to be true, but he played South America in 2004 and NO sign of Brazil, although he had played Chile and Argentina. So, with Carnival on the middle of february I can't see no dates around for Brazil... It's a pity... Well, hope he plays good shows in Chile and still hoping, although I don't believe, he will play brazilian dates...

Great for all Chilean fans, but as far as I know Viña del Mar is an old fashion festival good for Julio Iglesias, Raphael (the Spanish one) and that kind of people. These are great, I love them, but it does not seem Morrissey's kind of place. Am I right? Does he know where he is getting into?

Why you're comparing Rio with Viña? .. both festivals have nothing to do between them ... stop talking bullshit .... I don't give a shit where he's going to be playing .. the important thing here is he's finally back to the south!!

Great for all Chilean fans, but as far as I know Viña del Mar is an old fashion festival good for Julio Iglesias, Raphael (the Spanish one) and that kind of people. These are great, I love them, but it does not seem Morrissey's kind of place. Am I right? Does he know where he is getting into?

ask Joran van der Sloot:sick:

Franz Ferdinad did a great show in Viña del Mar Festival in 2005 or 2006. I hope Morrissey will confirm his presence here!

YEAH! RIGHT!!!!! Just one thing, ROCK IN RIO first edition was in 1985 (27 years now), and the Viña del Mar Festival debut was in 1960 (52 YEARS OLD).
So, I'M SO SORRY! I´M SOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOORRYYYYY!

Morrissey 52 years OLD, Viña del Mar's festival 52 years OLD,

Seguro que Morrissey rompe esquemas y seguro está pensando que el mundo se termina en 12/21/2012 LOL. Eso explicaría el por qué, de tal tremenda iniciativa... inexplicable realmente...

Omg, Moz should most def stop by Buenos Aires on his way back to Cali or whatever. I'd die, guise, I'd DIE. And I'd die a happy man 'cause I've seen Moz live. I swear, I'll like pay ANYTHING 2 see him.

The information hasn't been confirmed so far by the channel sponsoring the festival (chv.cl) nor another media.

Back
Top Bottom