Binyamina-Giv'at Ada - Zappa Amphi Shuni (July 2, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Notre-Dame (live debut) / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Hagit Yaron FB.

Last edited:
I really don't care what tracks are played tonight in the set-list, I'm more interested in how this new band set-up sounds.

I think he should have gone to see Pulp in Finsbury Park last night - now THAT was a set list.

With this setlist, I am debating whether to just skip Leeds and go see my third Chameleons gig in a month as they both play there on 12 July. At least I know I'll leave there on a high. Hopefully, the coming M gigs tempt me back into going.

I’m not exactly the world’s biggest optimist, but to be fair, the band had to learn up dozens and dozens of songs prior to the last couple of tours starting in Vegas. Give the new players some time and maybe M will feel more comfortable playing different stuff assuming they will be required to do the same. I’m sure they’re more than capable, given time.

That said, I think most of us guessed it likely wasn’t going to be a greatest hits tour (at least to start) and it was only advertised in such a purposely vague way in order to sell tix. Moz is a creature of habit and it will likely take him time to be ok with the prospects. “Don’t lose faith…”

This came up in this thread... evidently, these shows are not part of the "40 Years of Morrissey" tour... those are the Sep/Oct shows... according to the tour poster anyway :confused:

Suedehead
Alma Matters
Stop Me
Irish Blood
Our Frank
I Wish You Lonely
Paris
Knockabout World
Notre Dame (Live Debut)
Jim Jim Falls
Sure Enough
The Night Pop Dropped
My Hurling Days Are Done
Half a Person
Piano intro / Everyday
The Loop
Please Please Please
Jack the Ripper

Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Via Smiths and Moz Facebook Group

The only 2 I'm not overly keen on are Knockabout, & Jim Jim...apart from that, no probs.

Suedehead
Alma Matters
Stop Me
Irish Blood
Our Frank
I Wish You Lonely
Paris
Knockabout World
Notre Dame (Live Debut)
Jim Jim Falls
Sure Enough
The Night Pop Dropped
My Hurling Days Are Done
Half a Person
Piano intro / Everyday
The Loop
Please Please Please
Jack the Ripper

Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Via Smiths and Moz Facebook Group
First seven and last six are great.
Just the middle could be improved upon.
Looking forward to hearing Notre Dame.

How many times do you think the attendees experienced these songs live?

No idea. Most of them are fairly new material which I guess is the point you're trying to make. I'm only interested in how many times we HAVEN'T heard certain deep cuts and some of his best tracks live, and the fact we likely never will.

This came up in this thread... evidently, these shows are not part of the "40 Years of Morrissey" tour... those are the Sep/Oct shows... according to the tour poster anyway :confused:
Ahhhh, I did see that thread. I am cautiously optimistic, but can’t help but worry it’s all a bit wishful thinking. Be curious to see if Juan and Brendan are both on board for those gigs which could further complicate things.

Even if there is little variation in the set list for those shows, the majority of the fans will still be treated to many songs they haven’t heard before (or in a long while). It’s mainly the rest of us in the US and UK that are champing for new stuff as we’ve been spoiled by a plethora of gigs in recent times. Time will tell.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom