What are you watching on YouTube right now?

Watching/listening to this while I prep for my day here at work. I always find myself coming back... 🌷💕
A quick doodle too, for my favorite song of the lot. 👑
IMG_20240628_070838.jpg

I've been enjoying this series on the Velvet Underground so far. Despite the title, it isn't just about Sterling Morrison, it's quite a comprehensive history with lots of great photos and interviews. I've loved their music for years but only recently realised that John Cale played church organ as a child in Ammanford, a small mining town in Wales where I used to go and stay with relatives in the school holidays. At the time, I thought it the most depressing, rain-drenched place on earth and felt like a total alien when everyone started chattering in Welsh!

I really enjoyed this video of one of Girls Aloud's five nights at the 02 last month. As a glamorous front for hit-makers Xenomania, they are among the true heirs of the girl groups of the sixties. I especially liked the use of their old music video clips as a way of including Sarah, who died in 2021. Really, it could a good backdrop idea for any legacy/nostalgia acts who made fantastic videos when they were young.

This Canadian is becoming my favourite song reviewer. Great taste in music, relatable reactions and a bit of a Dermot O'Leary look going on!

This Canadian is becoming my favourite song reviewer. Great taste in music, relatable reactions and a bit of a Dermot O'Leary look going on!

This video is blocked in Canada on copyright grounds, but I know you mean Nick and I like his reactions too.

Back
Top Bottom