Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Didn't see this mentioned before and it happened last September so I'm very late to the party.

Virtual Yotuber / Virtual Singer Nerissa Ravencroft from popular Japanese Virtual Idol Agency Hololive is a huge fan of the Smiths and did a Karaoke featuring nothing but their songs. This is pretty unique because most Hololive Karaokes are understandably filled with J-pop and anime openings.

(Warning: This is probably the first time vtubers have ever been mentioned on this forum. It is a niche weeb anime adjacent otaku thing that started in Japan but became popular in the west during the pandemic. Think a high-tech version of The Muppet Show but they're anime girl avatars streamed by real life people.)

Several thousand tuned into this stream. Here's a clip of her singing "I Know It's Over" live. It's nice to see the chat reaction.

One tiny mention in Billy Idol's Dancing With Myself:

Winstanley, often with his partner Clive Langer, went on to become a huge power in British rock and pop, producing the likes of Elvis Costello, Morrissey, Bush, and Madness.
This first Generation X album was essentially our stage show with a few overdubs. Recording it in a converted garage made it garage-rock, which was perfect for punk and our musical abilities at the time.

Conspicuous by his absence :unsure:

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom