New York City, NY - Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (May 4, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / Girl Afraid / Spent The Day In Bed / Dial-a-Cliché / Is It Really So Strange? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / Morning Starship / World Peace Is None of Your Business / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / Sunny / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Something Is Squeezing My Skull // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm

• Les Misérables: A review of Morrissey on Broadway by Mark Phinney (1 photo) - Vanyaland. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Photo posted by SuburbanChic:

full

Last edited:
ANOTHER PACKED HOUSE SELLOUT BY MOZ:thumb::rock::thumb:

meanwhile over at the cometry tour..........:oops:

Did anyone get his entrance to the theater on Saturday from a different vantage point? He signed some items and a woman’s back. It would be cool to get a better view of all that.

It seems funny that the one bit of the set that seems to stay the same is the World Peace Is None of Your Business / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies mid-section. It doesn't look that great on paper - but does it work better in concert?

by thebeatcollector on yt

pls note that this video has been made available to you by thebeatcollector on yt

and the long awaited girl afraid. out out, into the light...

sonny is following the girl on the heels

and some more by thebeatcollector on yt.
it stopped raining here so im gonna continue countin ants in the garden ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's a little ambitious, but 34 from the 6 shows of the tour so far is a very good start.

The More You Ignore Me is a great choice....Fatty isn't, but good to see him changing things around anyway.
Yeah I got 34 also ....good job

Despite the posters and tickets stubs,etc having the CALIFORNIA SON head photo, this is not The CALIFORNIA SON tour to me. It fits more into the category of what concert shirts and other posters say : :PERFORMING SONGS FROM HIS REMARKABLE REPERTOIRE ..... with the CALIFORNIA SON tour starting after the june,july break in fall (August) in the USA or even nicer for my friends in UK ,pop up dates in EU after the release of Lp in that June, July slot

It seems funny that the one bit of the set that seems to stay the same is the World Peace Is None of Your Business / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies mid-section. It doesn't look that great on paper - but does it work better in concert?

No, it doesn’t work well at all. It’s the low point of the show and half the crowd tunes out big time. Especially during World Peace and Munich Air. They do come back a bit for Chain Gang.

Also, ending with a shitty version of “First of the Gang To Die” does not close out the night in a high note. People were really expecting something a bit stronger. A lot of underwhelmed faces walking out.

Setlist.fm has updated now that it's 35 so far, but close enough. ;)
Yep 35 different songs I triple checked. ..... suedehead /Alma matters/ I wish you lonely/ hairdresser on fire /Paris /chain gang/ world peace/ Wedding Bell Blues/ if you don't like me/ Munich /that joke isn't funny anymore/ bullfighter/ life is a pigsty /Jack the Ripper/ hold on to your friends /everyday is like Sunday /spent the day in bed/ you have killed me /what she said /first of the gang to die/ is it really so strange /How Soon Is Now /morning Starship/ trouble loves me /Scandinavia /seasick /break up the family/ dial a cliche /Speedway /girl afraid/ something is squeezing my skull/ let me kiss you/ ignore me/ sunny/ and fatty.......and if we count the accapella part of THERE IS A LIGHT that's 36.......with( according to concert tshirt )we still have Irish blood,panic,ouija board,kiss me alot on the way

Wow - one of the best ever Morrissey setlists. I count no fewer than 14 genuinely brilliant songs.
For the LIHS tour we were lucky to get 3 or 4.
Yes, the middle bit is the weakest section but we can't moan too much although his fascination with Morrissey Song Disaster 1958 is a little hard to understand. It was just a bog standard Morrissey Whyte song at a time when there were some really great b-sides.
Love the Smithsian jangle of Girl Afraid. Such a contrast to the mess Alain used to make of playing Smiths songs live (nice bloke though he undoubtedly was/is).

It's very quiet on social media.
Time for a dry white until it finishes I guess.
Spoke too soon:
Opened with The More You Ignore Me...:

Regards,
FWD.

It most definitely does not. Pretty much every review I've read from any of the shows complains about the dragging mid-part of the show. It is not really appreciated by casual or hardcore fans alike.

Does anyone have a full list of the preshow videos for this tour? Especially interested in the music video of the woman alternating between a pink and silver dress and singing about how she's beautiful.

No, it doesn’t work well at all. It’s the low point of the show and half the crowd tunes out big time. Especially during World Peace and Munich Air. They do come back a bit for Chain Gang.

Also, ending with a shitty version of “First of the Gang To Die” does not close out the night in a high note. People were really expecting something a bit stronger. A lot of underwhelmed faces walking out.

For some reason, it worked better yesterday than on the second night and First of the Gang was definitely yesterday as well.

Does anyone have a full list of the preshow videos for this tour? Especially interested in the music video of the woman alternating between a pink and silver dress and singing about how she's beautiful.

She is so beautiful. :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom