Morrissey Central "NEW GUITARIST" (April 13, 2023)

Carmen Vandenberg (below) will play guitars with Jesse Tobias in the new
line-up for Morrissey's forthcoming July concerts in Israel, Ireland and Britain.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that one, I then went to his facebook account and I saw that many of his pictures are credited to dneuer who, or someone whose name was exaxtly that, contributed massively here.
Fiona basically quoted dneuer to give "offical" info.
She didn't though, did she? She mentioned that she was told Alain and Moz remain on good terms, which dneuer didn't say anything about. She could well have gotten that and that Alain is the one who has resigned, from the Moz camp.
Viva Hate is still my favourite album of Morrissey's. Even as much as I love Alain Whyte and his songwriting and as supposedly as unpopular as Kill Uncle was I think Morrissey would've been just fine no matter who wrote music with him. Stephen Street injected plenty of new life into Morrissey post Smiths.

The Bona Drag compilation is proof enough that Morrissey songs could work with any number of writers. I'd take a Morrissey/Armstrong album in a second!
Yeah, very much agree.
Kill Uncle is great as well.
True but ‘management’ is really vague.
90 per cent of your work as a guitarist is music related and definitely in a touring environment. From what I saw Alain was really happy to be back and I have a hard time believing he left voluntarily.
Yeah, seems odd for sure. He clearly wanted back in (and must have had a pretty good idea what he was getting into, regarding no record deal etc.), seemed happy to be back, Moz seemed happy he was back and to be writing with him again. He was apparently meant to play in the upcoming dates...
Now both dneuer (who appears to be a reliable source from what FWD said) and Fiona said Alain quit, but it seems something must have happened to prompt him to.

What I really don't get is that people are constantly "shocked" that people on here are not super positive all the time. You know who we all are a fan of, don't you? This absolutely super positive ray of light of optimism who is not toxic at times at all and only spreads positivity day in day out? Who never causes questionable drama? Who has two new albums out of which we can discuss the music happily? Oh and the last cool interview with this real journalist, it was that funny! Right. And yet we are here wondering, why some people seem to like drama or see things negatively. I think the state of M does reflect on the fanbase naturally because that's the natural thing to happen. We all hope for the best though, that's why we're all here.

As for the new guitarist, I don't know her, but I hope she gets a fair chance. Strange about Alain though.
:swear :lbf: :ahhh:I am just going to co-sign this. Nail on head.

He just hired a much younger guitar player for the upcoming tour, so you’re right, he needs younger musicians to take his career to a hoger level. Bands like New Order or the Bunnymen also recruit younger band members to bring new energy to the live set-up.
What younger musicians have New Order recruited?

Tom Chapman and Phil Cunningham.

They do a great job.
I agree they do a great job, but they are not young and they were not recruited to bring some younger element to the group. Both were in Bad Lieutenant with Bernard and they go back even further than that, Phil goes back to Electronic.

Phil was in Marion too, who supported Moz in 1995. He and Chapman both are definitely a lot younger (15 plus years) than the original band members.
Echo these days is just Will and Ian and their live band also consists of much younger band members.

Phil was in Marion too, who supported Moz in 1995. He and Chapman both are definitely a lot younger (15 plus years) than the original band members.
Echo these days is just Will and Ian and their live band also consists of much younger band members.
They are both about 50. Are you seriously trying to tell me New Order is trying to attract 50 year olds? And Morrissey is following this formula? Alain is about 55. Your assertion is ridiculous.

They are both about 50. Are you seriously trying to tell me New Order is trying to attract 50 year olds? And Morrissey is following this formula? Alain is about 55. Your assertion is ridiculous.
Your posts generally are.
Read again, this is not what I said.
Morrissey is not following any formula.

I was responding to a post saying Morrissey needed to bring new energy to the live setting in 1991, to which I agreed, and he is doing that again in 2023. True words, kindly spoken.

Your posts generally are.
Read again, this is not what I said.
Morrissey is not following any formula.

I was responding to a post saying Morrissey needed to bring new energy to the live setting in 1991, to which I agreed, and he is doing that again in 2023. True words, kindly spoken.
You said:

He just hired a much younger guitar player for the upcoming tour, so you’re right, he needs younger musicians to take his career to a hoger level. Bands like New Order or the Bunnymen also recruit younger band members to bring new energy to the live set-up.

-----------

Which is not true, lol, there were no younger members recruited to bring new energy to the live set-up.

As for Morrissey, I am not sure this new guitar player's age had anything to do with it. You make a lot of assumptions, which is fine, it's not hurting anyone.

You said:

-----------

Which is not true, lol, there were no younger members recruited to bring new energy to the live set-up.

As for Morrissey, I am not sure this new guitar player's age had anything to do with it. You make a lot of assumptions, which is fine, it's not hurting anyone.
Well, if those new members are 15 years younger than the original members they are definitely a lot younger and I do think there’s a reason for that. More energy is one of them.

If you look back from 1991’s live set up until today Morrissey has very often changed his live band. And there’s a reason for that, too. And the newly recruited were never in the same age range as Morrissey himself, but always a lot younger. So age is definitely a factor.

Tom Chapman and Phil Cunningham.

They do a great job.
Really? I've seen them and that guy cant fill the shoes of Peter Hook, he even said that saw his replacement doing playback on shows

Anyway, here's M and Alain tread

+400 comments about Alain's departure, he's a big deal, really big deal

"Sadly" M won't see anything about this subject because he doesn't give a **** about this site

Anyway Alain should have stayed, and yes, this new guitar could have been welcomed if the one who Must have Left was another.

Has anyone seen anything from Carmen herself on social media about being in Morrissey's new line-up? I always wonder what attracts new musicians. Sure, Morrissey is a big name, but if she's a guitar virtuoso as some say, shouldn't she be playing in a rock band to stadium audiences by now (I'm gessing she's about 30-ish)?

"Sadly" M won't see anything about this subject because he doesn't give a **** about this site

Anyway Alain should have stayed, and yes, this new guitar could have been welcomed if the one who Must have Left was another.
Johnny Marr is faxing Moz his update resume as we speak :tongueout:

Morrissey probably loves this site really. Where else would he see 415 replies to a simple post about a new guitarist being drafted in?! I’m sure it makes for good reading before he falls asleep on the toilet! :LOL:

I saw him on that tour too.
7d486ac65e2dd41e3cd67881463f3ebe.jpg

An experience beyond belief. Between 92-97 he had played just 2 german concerts and this moment was so exciting. He extensively used his mike as a whip, opened with an unbeatable "You gonna need someone on your side" and strutted provocatively from one edge of the stage to the other. Boorer and Whyte were the two charming officers, who also flanked him visually and musically. Those were the days....and now you can happily bash me again for my nostalgia. Hold on to your friends...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom