Fever 333 names Morrissey in new song, “New West Order”, 2024

Morrissey is named in the lyric of Fever 333's new song, called New West Order

The mention is at about 1 minute in there.

Here's a link to the lyrics: https://genius.com/Fever-333-new-west-order-lyrics

Michael O' Connor Marotta for Vanyaland includes the song in a list of five favourite new tracks for June 2024

FEVER 333, ‘New West Order’​

There’s a motherf*cking heat advisory covering most of the country, and now we know why: FEVER 333 dropped a ferocious new single called “New West Order.” The chaotic hardcore and hip-hop hybrid might even be the first to name-drop Tupac and Morrissey in the same lyric, and that’s reflective of the song overall, as it celebrates the Southern California melting pot of styles, sounds, and cultures. “There is an intersectional hot bed where the hood and hardcore meet,” says FEVER 333’s Jason Aalon Butler. “For pimp’s and punks alike to enjoy and celebrate their taboos. This intersection is beautifully represented in Los Angeles and ‘New West Order’ is an unapologetic exploration of my experience as a social variable growing up in LA that I think the world should also have the privilege of being exposed to. It is also the beginning of west coast gangster rock as a genre and a culture. The beauty in disparity and these nuanced diamonds forged from the pressures we experience in alternative commodities (of all types against the background of our status quo) and, particularly, people of color. I spent about six years talking about how I felt about these governmental/societal systems and imbalances; now I’m going to talk about why I feel this way and the experiences that shaped such ideologies.”

https://vanyaland.com/2024/07/01/the-v-list-five-of-our-favorite-new-tracks-from-june-2024/

i cant see them ever speaking again,that day in the bar was probably the last time they will come face to face,marr is a guitar for hire these days and will jump on a stage with anybody and everybody and yet even when they are in the same city he has never offered to batter out there is a light for old times sake.just my tuppence worth.
Has Morrissey ever offered to batter out there with Marr either at any of his shows, ether> Not that any of us know. The fact is, as they've both stated in recent times, they are very different people. as as Moz implies pretty clearly in his open letter, he has an entire solo career of which is very proud. And Marr is very proud of all the bands he's played with and the solo work he's done over the last decade

The fact is they might not even like, or respect each other, beyond the history they will always share with the Smiths. They could both think the other detestable for his political beliefs, the quality of their solo oupout, the way each has hsndled himself in the industry. They don't need to like each other at all., and each is entitled to their judgements.

Thy were able to collaborate on the boxset and The Queen is Dead re-release, which are both wonderful testaments to The Smiths. I'm sure they both pay royalties out to to the other for live perfomances, etc

The idea that Marr ought to stick up for Moz over algorithmic weirdness on Spotify etc, is nonsense. Moz needs protection foom no one. He has a megaphone, and lawyers. Neither Moz nor Marr owe each other anything. Each man is on record repeatedly acknowledging that both of them were indispensable in making the Smiths what they were

i cant see them ever speaking again,that day in the bar was probably the last time they will come face to face,marr is a guitar for hire these days and will jump on a stage with anybody and everybody and yet even when they are in the same city he has never offered to batter out there is a light for old times sake.just my tuppence worth.

It’s the band or artist that reaches out to Johnny, never the other way round. He’s said so.

Has Morrissey ever offered to batter out there with Marr either at any of his shows, ether> Not that any of us know. The fact is, as they've both stated in recent times, they are very different people. as as Moz implies pretty clearly in his open letter, he has an entire solo career of which is very proud. And Marr is very proud of all the bands he's played with and the solo work he's done over the last decade

The fact is they might not even like, or respect each other, beyond the history they will always share with the Smiths. They could both think the other detestable for his political beliefs, the quality of their solo oupout, the way each has hsndled himself in the industry. They don't need to like each other at all., and each is entitled to their judgements.

Thy were able to collaborate on the boxset and The Queen is Dead re-release, which are both wonderful testaments to The Smiths. I'm sure they both pay royalties out to to the other for live perfomances, etc

The idea that Marr ought to stick up for Moz over algorithmic weirdness on Spotify etc, is nonsense. Moz needs protection foom no one. He has a megaphone, and lawyers. Neither Moz nor Marr owe each other anything. Each man is on record repeatedly acknowledging that both of them were indispensable in making the Smiths what they were
you make some good points but i still say its a busted flush,my point was that they will never speak again,can you see that happening, i cant.

you make some good points but i still say its a busted flush,my point was that they will never speak again,can you see that happening, i cant.
No, but then I would have never thought in my wildest dreams that we would've gotten the (not so)) complete box set, and especially not the 2017 QUEEN IS DEAD RE-RELEASE with the demo tracks and the live tracks, so you never know. Outside of releasing maybe the Tate sessions, I can't really think of anything else there is to be releaseed. I only mention that one because it's the one thing I've seen Marr mention in passing somewhere wanting to be released. I think Morrissey the only thing of that nature might be Elvis cover, but that's about it
Personally, if they continue on their separate but equal tracks I think it's the most intellectually honest thing they can do, and an accurate representation of both of their artistic priorities in the present.

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to them coming together to collectively slag off the weird Spotify thing. copyright thing, but I don't think Marr has any particular responsibility to speak of unbidden, particularly because Moz asked him to pipe down

If anything, I hope Moz finds a journalist, podcaster or someone other than Sam to do interviews with the next album promotion cycle. It's hard to get "your side" of some of this nonsense out there if you refuse to do interviews and promotions. There is a usefulness in making yourself somewhat available, as I think Marr's recent visibility demonstrates

Last edited:
No, but then I would have never thought in my wildest dreams that we would've gotten the (not so)) complete box set, and especially not the 2017 QUEEN IS DEAD RE-RELEASE with the demo tracks and the live tracks, so you never know. Outside of releasing maybe the Tate sessions, I can't really think of anything else there is to be releaseed. I only mention that one because it's the one thing I've seen Marr mention in passing somewhere wanting to be released. I think Morrissey the only thing of that nature might be Elvis cover, but that's about it
Personally, if they continue on their separate but equal tracks I think it's the most intellectually honest thing they can do, and an accurate representation of both of their artistic priorities in the present.

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to them coming together to collectively's dlag off the weird spot if I copyright thing, but I don't think Marr has any particular responsibility to speak of unbidden, particularly because Moz asked him to pipe down

If anything, I hope Moz finds a journalist, podcaster or someone other than Sam to do interviews with in the next album promotion cycle. It's hard to get "your side" of some of this nonsense out there if you refuse to do interviews and promotions. There is a usefulness in making yourself somewhat available, as I think Marr's recent visibility demonstrates
marrs visibilty,if he was any more visible he would be brighter than the sun.
working with kylie and appearing on gameshows tells me he has a good agent but his credibility wanes a little bit each time.

marrs visibilty,if he was any more visible he would be brighter than the sun.
working with kylie and appearing on gameshows tells me he has a good agent but his credibility wanes a little bit each time.
Moz appeared on quiz shows in the 80's too.
I think it really depends on what your goals are: if your goals are to maintain enough of visible profile that record companies and others have no problem signing you and your shows at large venues and festivals sell well, then I think you have to play the game to certain degree and draw whatever boundaries might think artistically appropriate.

There is a chance even though his is views are unpopular in the mainstream to a certain degree, if Moz had been more willing to appear on Russell Brand or Tucker Carlson or Joe Rogan's podcast or something like that – or whatever truth telling circuit he finds most resoant, some label might more readily step to the table. Daily wire is constant looking to expand its publishing profile so maybe they would find a way to record for him. To me, Mars collaborations and visibility seem mostly genuine ( however vacuous we might find some of them) and have the added bonus of keeping on the receiving end of a record contract. He wants to continue to make music, both his own and in combination with other people and he intentionally seeks out opportunities to keep making that happen

Hell, in 2024 Johnny Marr is still willing to open on other people's tours

All of the above might (fairly) strike Morrissey as beneath him at this stage in his career. It is within his right to continue refusing to compromise, but I don't think it's quite as simple as one of them being palatable and chummy and the other being standoff and justifiably an acerbic genius. I think their priorities are different. And that comes with consequences, just or not

Last edited:
Moz appeared on quiz shows in the 80's too.
I think it really depends on what your goals are: if your goals are to maintain enough of visible profile that record companies and others have no problem signing you and your shows at large venues and festivals sell well, then I think you have to play the game to certain degree and draw whatever boundaries might think artistically appropriate.

There is a chance even though his is views are unpopular in the mainstream to a certain degree, if Moz had been more willing to appear on Russell Brand or Tucker Carlson or Joe Rogan's podcast or something like that – or whatever truth telling circuit he finds most resoant, some label might more readily step to the table. Daily wire is constant looking to expand its publishing profile so maybe they would find a way to record for him. To me, Mars collaborations and visibility seem mostly genuine ( however vacuous we might find some of them) and have the added bonus of keeping on the receiving end of a record contract. He wants to continue to make music, both his own and in combination with other people and he intentionally seeks out opportunities to keep making that happen

Hell, in 2024 Johnny Marr is still willing to open on other people's yours

All of the above might (fairly) strike Morrissey as beneath him at this stage in his career. It is within his right to continue refusing to compromise, but I don't think it's quite as simple as one of them being palatable and chummy and the other being standoff and justifiably an acerbic genius. I think their priorities are different. And that comes with consequences, just or not

I think Johnny has a very savvy management company, some on here took the piss when he was supporting the Killers a couple of years ago. 2 years on and he's selling out lots of venues in the UK on his own. To your point he is still supporting other bands (I'm seeing him with James tomorrow where he will play to 20k people) and it's gigs like this that build his profile.

Morrissey covered for Marr and took the blame for him, in respect of the decision about band payments, and the break-up. They are human beings who had bonds, which implies something.

Morrissey covered for Marr and took the blame for him, in respect of the decision about band payments, and the break-up. They are human beings who had bonds, which implies something.

How did Moz cover for Marr exactly? There are pages and pages of autobiography in which Moz lays out his case, basically that he was betrayed by everyone, and that the judge was off of his rocker. Could Marr have conducted himself differently in the trial? Sure. But the judgment in that case affects them both. It's not as if Joyce's royalties came from Morrissey's creative share alone. And, as I have mentioned in a few different threads, with the actual quotes from Marr's autobiography, he makes *crystal clear* that he and Moz were the driving force behind the Smiths, that Joyce and everyone else knew this, and essentially, that Joyce remains full of shit.

Might that have been more useful and meaningful earlier? Yes. But the truth is out there now.

(If I were Marr, I'd be pretty pissed that Moz published the private letter Marr wrote Moz in 2000 in autobiography asserting he never wanted to be a frontman or in his own band- something that had clearly changed in the years between the letter's sending, and the publication of the Autobiography. Marr had already been a frontman by then. How is that covering for Marr?)

Yes, Moz and Marr are human and had bonds, respect and love for each other, as they have both made clear. They have also made clear that that closeness and affection doesn't exist anymore, for either of them. There's no reason to strain credulity to hope for a rekindling of an alliance over label shenanigans or anything else.

It's up to them to decide how and if they will converge in the future. Projecting what either *should* do in regard to the other reduces their own humanity and autonomy into the much blander soup of fan expectations, entitlement and aggrievement.

Moz can think himself the heroic and doomed martyr- always true to and protective of even those who have wronged him- and on the wrong side of the industry because of his own relentless moral clarity. That's fine. . It's his life to interpret his own way. That doesn't mean I have to agree with his interpretation, or that he's right about all- or any of it

Last edited:
How did Moz cover for Marr exactly? There are pages and pages of autobiography in which Moz lays out his case, basically that he was betrayed by everyone, and that the judge was off of his rocker. Could Marr have conducted himself differently in the trial? Sure. But the judgment in that case affects them both. It's not as if Joyce's royalties came from Morrissey's creative share alone. And, as I have mentioned in a few different threads, with the actual quotes from Marr's autobiography, he makes *crystal clear* that he and Moz were the driving force behind the Smiths, that Joyce and everyone else knew this, and essentially, that Joyce remains full of shit.

Might that have been more useful and meaningful earlier? Yes. But the truth is out there now.

(If I were Marr, I'd be pretty pissed that Moz published the private letter Marr wrote Moz in 2000 in autobiography asserting he never wanted to be a frontman or in his own band- something that had clearly changed in the years between the letter's sending, and the publication of the Autobiography. Marr had already been a frontman by then. How is that covering for Marr?)

Yes, Moz and Marr are human and had bonds, respect and love for each other, as they have both made clear. They have also made clear that that closeness and affection doesn't exist anymore, for either of them. There's no reason to strain credulity to hope for a rekindling of an alliance over label shenanigans or anything else.

It's up to them to decide how and if they will converge in the future. Projecting what either *should* do in regard to the other reduces their own humanity and autonomy into the much blander soup of fan expectations, entitlement and aggrievement.

Moz can think himself the heroic and doomed martyr- always true to and protective of even those who have wronged him- and on the wrong side of the industry because of his own relentless moral clarity. That's fine. . It's his life to interpret his own way. That doesn't mean I have to agree with his interpretation, or that he's right about all- or any of it
Condescending, much?

How did you get this? I only ever see ‘The Smiths’ if I search for Asleep or The World Won’t Listen on Spotify

It’s not Spotify.

See link below. It seems to be from some BBC playlist (?). I was simply pointing out to @goinghome that Morrissey might be justified in his belief that there are some who are or have tried to cancel him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom