Why Morrissey can't get a record deal

There are quite honestly a million reasons why Morrisey won't get his music released on a Major (if any label) but the Capitol debacle is probably enough on it's own.
The way he then went on to publicly lambast the Company for something that was essentially of his own making was the final nail.

There are quite honestly a million reasons why Morrisey won't get his music released on a Major (if any label) but the Capitol debacle is probably enough on it's own.
The way he then went on to publicly lambast the Company for something that was essentially of his own making was the final nail.
The expression "cutting off your nose to spite your face" comes to mind...

It was absolutely unhinged.

Most people have a chip inside their brains which is triggered when they f*** up and forces them to make amends.

I honestly don't think Morrissey has that.

It was absolutely unhinged.

Most people have a chip inside their brains which is triggered when they f*** up and forces them to make amends.

I honestly don't think Morrissey has that.
Agree. Love the man but he is incapable of ever owning his own mistakes. We basically don't have BOT, or Morrissey a recording contract, due to a vanity project he had of wanting Miley Cyrus on that record.

An artist who I feel would mean very little to most Morrissey fans.

Agree. Love the man but he is incapable of ever owning his own mistakes. We basically don't have BOT, or Morrissey a recording contract, due to a vanity project he had of wanting Miley Cyrus on that record.

Didn't Iggy Pop guest on a song? That's the collaboration he should have been bragging about.

Stubbornness, and I think Morrissey, more or less admitted that it would have helped promotion. But I speculate that he strongly feels that artists should have final say. Unfortunately M seems to forget the record business is a business first, and the artists come second, or possibly third.

Didn't Iggy Pop guest on a song? That's the collaboration he should have been bragging about.

yeah, strangely enough, according to Iggy, Morrissey got in touch with Iggy through Danger Mouse.

100 %. He was rumoured to have been there but which song, if any , he is supposed to be on I have no idea,

Ha Ha Harlem was speculated on here.

Suede and the Manics are touring or just toured and a lot of reviews, which were great, referred to them as a nostalgia acts, even tho Suede put out a new album last year that did very well. I don't see them complaining like Morrissey would and they are now a million times better than he is.

Back
Top Bottom