Please score these Morrissey/Boorer tracks (A-L)

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 29227
  • Start date Start date
Well, I’ll be damned. I’m surprised. Surprised he eats meat, and surprised that he flaunts it like this.

Yes, it almost seems aimed at a former collaborator. "We all eat meat and happy to report we are still alive." Morrissey Central should share the tweet and reply, "we're not happy to hear it."

1. Action Is My Middle Name - 6
2. All The Young People Must Fall In Love - 4
3. Ammunition - 6.5
4. Art-hounds - 6.5
5. Black Cloud - 7
6. Blue Dreamers Eyes - 6.5
7. Brow Of My Beloved - 5.5
8. Christian Dior - 7
9. Come Back To Camden - 8
10. Drag The River - 6
11. Honey, You Know Where To Find Me - 6
12. I Can Have Both - 7
13. I Couldn't Understand Why People Laughed - 6
14. I Like You - 7.5
15. I Wish You Lonely - 7
16. I'd Love To - 7
17. I'm Not Sorry - 6.5
18. I'm Playing Easy To Get - 6
19. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris - 6.5
20. Istanbul - 8
21. Jack The Ripper (studio version) - 7
22. Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage - 6
23. Julie In The Weeds - 6
24. Kit - 6
25. Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning - 7
26. Lover-To-Be - 5.5

Last edited:
Update at end of play today:
One track making a dash for the finish line, with 2 major contenders in hot pursuit.
Let's see what (if anything) happens overnight...🕗

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it almost seems aimed at a former collaborator. "We all eat meat and happy to report we are still alive." Morrissey Central should share the tweet and reply, "we're not happy to hear it."
Yeah, why this sudden dig? I’m sure it’s Lynn who’s in charge of that account (she’s in charge of the instagram equivalent), but surely Boz stands behind the stuff she posts.

Hmm - I don't know if he is now, but I remember a group of us fans spotting him in a seafood restaurant around the time Moz was making his 'sea life, not seafood' comments. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of the band & crew are secret meat eaters, but just do their best to be sneaky about it and not to do it anywhere in his presence.
@Gregor Samsa @Aubrey McFate

correct me if I’m wrong. But I thought, as long as you didn’t eat animals in his presence then it was ‘alright’. So I never gave much thought
about which band member was or was not vegetarian, etc. Though I’m sure it made a difference if one does share similar dietary habits.

@Gregor Samsa @Aubrey McFate

correct me if I’m wrong. But I thought, as long as you didn’t eat animals in his presence then it was ‘alright’. So I never gave much thought
about which band member was or was not vegetarian, etc. Though I’m sure it made a difference if one does share similar dietary habits.

"Alright" in what sense? According to Morrissey, meat is murder, whether it's eaten in his presence or not. But I guess what you're suggesting is that he doesn't sever all ties unless you do eat it in his presence, like he did in the Arnold Stiefel incident. That makes sense. I just thought that since in the Smiths he forbade the other members to be photographed or seen eating meat, that when he became the marquee name, he would up the insistence to "don't eat meat at all," at least for the inner circle. I do have a vague image of him as a tyrant/prima donna (in a good way, of course).

"Alright" in what sense? According to Morrissey, meat is murder, whether it's eaten in his presence or not. But I guess what you're suggesting is that he doesn't sever all ties unless you do eat it in his presence, like he did in the Arnold Stiefel incident. That makes sense.
Yes, that’s what I mean. And also there is only so much control or influence one can have.
I just thought that since in the Smiths he forbade the other members to be photographed or seen eating meat, that when he became the marquee name, he would up the insistence to "don't eat meat at all," at least for the inner circle. I do have a vague image of him as a tyrant/prima donna (in a good way, of course).

Yes, maybe as a band member in solo years, that is written in the contracts (?) don’t know, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

No changes to report. c. 2 hrs 1 hour 30 mins left to have your say, or is it all over now, baby blue?

Voting is now closed. Stand by for the results.

5th place: I'd Love To – 7.7

4th place:
I'm Not Sorry - 7.9

3rd place:
Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning - 8.3

2nd place:
Come Back To Camden - 8.7

1st place
& The Winner with 9.2 is:

To conclude, here's the complete, & final, scorings:

Participants = 35 validated people, comprising:
31 members
4 'anons'

Thanks to all who took part :thumb:

scoresBoz1.JPG

Here's a graph showing total scores/points received/track:

pointsBoz1.JPG

Glad to see Istanbul and I Can Have Both doing so well.
Jacky should be higher up, fun song.

Thanks again, Mozmar!

1. Action Is My Middle Name 5.5
2. All The Young People Must Fall In Love 5
3. Ammunition 6.5
4. Art-hounds 7.5
5. Black Cloud 7
6. Blue Dreamers Eyes 4.5
7. Brow Of My Beloved 5
8. Christian Dior 7
9. Come Back To Camden 8.5
10. Drag The River 6.5
11. Honey, You Know Where To Find Me 6
12. I Can Have Both 6
13. I Couldn't Understand Why People Laughed havent heard so will say 5
14. I Like You 7.5
15. I Wish You Lonely 6.5
16. I'd Love To 6.5
17. I'm Not Sorry 6
18. I'm Playing Easy To Get 5
19. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris 8
20. Istanbul 7
21. Jack The Ripper 8.5
22. Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage 6.5
23. Julie In The Weeds 7.5
24. Kit 5
25. Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning 8
26. Lover-To-Be 5

Didn't look at other people's scores yet otherwise I'd likely have been bias haha

As the anon has already posted, Boz Boorer recently announced that he and his wife eat meat, in making a snide Twitter comment about vegan graffiti in Portgual. But I wonder what the (dietary) status is of the other band members. Tobias, at least, I would think is vegan. I always thought Morrissey would be totalitarian about it regarding people in his employ. "If I even catch so much as a whiff of gossip that you've been eating meat ... "
Lol I don't know why people think Moz is so dictatorial. He simply has his tours be vegetarian. Paul McCartney does the exact same thing.
If any of them would work only with people who are vegetarian/vegan, their choices I'm afraid would be very limited.

Alain Whyte is the only one I've seen say in an interview he's a vegetarian.

Lol I don't know why people think Moz is so dictatorial. He simply has his tours be vegetarian. Paul McCartney does the exact same thing.
If any of them would work only with people who are vegetarian/vegan, their choices I'm afraid would be very limited.

Alain Whyte is the only one I've seen say in an interview he's a vegetarian.

It does make me chuckle a bit when I watch Boz play "Meat Is Murder" live only to learn that he's been enjoying juicy steaks at tour's end.

You're right about Moz's options being limited. I doubt people like his former songwriters/guitarsists Kevin Armstrong and Mark Nevin were vegetarians.

Well, I'd hope he'd be dictatorial "for the animals," as it were, so it would be a benign dictatorship. I think he's pricklier than Paul McCartney. Voicing support for the ALF, the controversial outbursts from stage (Norway, sub-species), making the comparison to pedophilia—McCartney wouldn't do these things. He'll always be "the cute Beatle" to some extent. Morrissey is more leonine in temperament, and weirder. And that's good.

It's true that limiting one's self strictly to vegetarian collaborators might be difficult, but with someone of Morrissey's talent, I think some potential collaborators would be willing to make the lifestyle change for the opportunity. He did get the Smiths to follow his lead in public.

Back
Top Bottom